Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit rewards for Signature Campaigns! - page 6. (Read 1953 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
January 29, 2018, 05:41:22 PM
As a campaign manager, I believe this is one is a good suggestion, It will be helpful to the constructive/ quality posters. I'll try my best to reward it to my campaign participants.

So you are going to reward your members with merits when you make money?  Don't you think some will view that as trading?

Depends how often you do it.
If you give out 50 Merits / user, it is.
But if you give out a few merits to few people, for very constructive posts, it shouldn't be.
I had only 200 sMerits so far, I just spent almost 70 (on non-campaign members) even before the payment date is up for my campaign.
But I'm not a merit source though.
I expect to spend 5ish Merits on my 20 campaign participants  Cheesy

EDIT:
@Jet Cash
Seems like a very reasonable argument.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
January 29, 2018, 04:12:52 PM
As a campaign manager, I believe this is one is a good suggestion, It will be helpful to the constructive/ quality posters. I'll try my best to reward it to my campaign participants.

So you are going to reward your members with merits when you make money?  Don't you think some will view that as trading?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
January 29, 2018, 04:08:27 PM
here's the thing why not reward Merits to those participants that have quality posts, by the Manager.

That makes the Merit a tradeable commodity, which Theymos has disallowed.

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
January 29, 2018, 04:07:11 PM
I don't see it happening due to the following facts:
- Not every bounty is managed by a official bounty manager. Often bounties are managed by their own team, with a newbie or jr member accounts.
- Many bounty managers are with negative/red trust. No need to comment more here
- This will be extra job for the bounty managers, I guess you don't understand how much work is to be a Manager /at least for responsible/professional ones/ how they gonna be rewarded?

I can continue...

- What if one manager manage for example 3 campaign at the same time and is running out of points? Then not everyone will get what he deserves and it won't be fair.

Overall idea is good but ... it's not that easy.

I have another suggestion to reduce the spam but, see here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/idea-for-the-bounty-section-and-ann-improvement-update-2827369
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
January 29, 2018, 03:52:04 PM
In accordance to the suggestion of OP, having a CM as a merit source does not have a downside IMO. These CMs do weekly reviews on their participants' post history so they are suitable for being a MS. Well obviously not all are qualified. A good MS for me should be yahoo, atriz, darkstar, lutpin and other CMs whom had established their worth as a CM. I am not saying that all of them should be MS but imagine one/some of them being a MS.

Lutpin is a merit source, and so am I, so there's no need to imagine it. I do award merits to high quality posts I see while doing post counting.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
January 29, 2018, 03:18:09 PM
It is a great idea, it can be a good contest upon the campaign every end of the week. " The best poster chosen by the Signature Campaign will be rewarded with 5 Merit, etc".

I already reward the best poster with an extra payment  Cheesy
Will add some Merits for constructive posts too Smiley
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
January 29, 2018, 03:08:03 PM
It is a great idea, it can be a good contest upon the campaign every end of the week. " The best poster chosen by the Signature Campaign will be rewarded with 5 Merit, etc".

I think this will cause more spam post than usual. 25 post a week is a huge number.

I think you should consult this to Campaign managers not here.

10-15 an almost standard requirement for a signature campaign creates so much spam how much more 25.

I think we are now talking about Bounty Campaigns and not including the Signature Campaigns in the Services Section.

I think this will not be good.

And why is that? Members of the campaign will surely make quality posts to gain these merit every end of the week that will lessen spam posts, depends on the number of campaign with this rule.

What are you suggesting is not bad, but I really sense that you are scared of not getting any merit.

And you are implying that the OP is the only member of the campaign who has a quality posts? That is obvious that it will be like a competition. Who would bail out on that one, a payment of bitcoin with additional Merit.

Just be confidence and step up your (us) game, and I am sure manager will give us merits, since they grade our post on a week basis and they know who is worthy of their merits.

I just hope so.

For people in here who is scared of not getting your rank up, I guess it is better to think about a strategy to get merits rather than talk negative and suggesting something that is not certain to be accepted by others ( I mean, suggesting things is good, but I guess if you put more of your energy into things that will give you merits, you will get merits already)

There are a lot of quality posters here in the forum and some of them are not receiving any merit, how's that?
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
January 29, 2018, 02:54:55 PM
I don't see the point. Before taking you to the company Manager watching your posts. He evaluates them and makes a decision.
Activity: 476
Merit: 359
January 29, 2018, 02:47:10 PM
I was wondering about the new system that has been implemented. We all know that it can be challenging to earn even a single merit, I mean not all the members of this forum are that familiar to what really is going on, especially to the new members.

So I will get to the point, so how about this, let's say we joined a Signature Campaign it lasts for four weeks. And every week you will be required a number of post, let's say 25 posts. So you've already met that requirement and has been confirmed by the Manager. We also know that the Manager reviews your posts if those are constructive, here's the thing why not reward Merits to those participants that have quality posts, by the Manager.

Then its not going be hard as before for the participants to earn Merits and eventually rank up.

Does this idea makes any sense? Let me know guys what are your opinion about this.

What are you suggesting is not bad, but I really sense that you are scared of not getting any merit. There are lot of great campaign manager in this forum, we all know that so I wont say name in here.
Just be confidence and step up your (us) game, and I am sure manager will give us merits, since they grade our post on a week basis and they know who is worthy of their merits.
For people in here who is scared of not getting your rank up, I guess it is better to think about a strategy to get merits rather than talk negative and suggesting something that is not certain to be accepted by others ( I mean, suggesting things is good, but I guess if you put more of your energy into things that will give you merits, you will get merits already)
Activity: 224
Merit: 41
January 29, 2018, 02:36:20 PM
Bad/lazy campaign managers and sig campaigns are a big part of the reason why the forum is a cesspool of spam right now...

I believe the merit system is in place partly to combat bad/lazy campaign managers who are not doing their job.  It would be truly stupid to then give them the power that essentially makes the new merit system useless.

I would say based on the earliest of evidence that smerit distribution is probably still a little bit low.  But given time we can hope that it will be adjusted.  Finding the balance point of making merit useful and useless will probably take some time but adjusting that balancing point to much before data is available also seems stupid.

I cannot see how the merit system could fight against the bad/lazy CMs. They can easily ignore merits and stay as bad/lazy as they were.

In accordance to the suggestion of OP, having a CM as a merit source does not have a downside IMO. These CMs do weekly reviews on their participants' post history so they are suitable for being a MS. Well obviously not all are qualified. A good MS for me should be yahoo, atriz, darkstar, lutpin and other CMs whom had established their worth as a CM. I am not saying that all of them should be MS but imagine one/some of them being a MS.

Stop being a lazy dumbass, everybody in here knows that you have probably 100 accounts in here and you have a little butthurt because you can not rank up anymore.

LOL, I wonder where all these hatred coming from. Also, no proof regarding having 100 accounts. I bet you'll think I'm his alt. Goodluck proving that Cheesy

Yeah yeah... sure.. as an example, you will never get merit because you are a lazy dumbass who has less than 10 IQ and is always shit posting in here. Wow, another guy complaining about the Merit System! What a curious thing to realize that you are so frustrated right?

I haven't seen any complaints. I only see suggestion.

legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
January 29, 2018, 02:35:40 PM
Oh really now, I have shit posts? Let's compare then. Why are you so mad mate? This is just a suggestion, nothing to be mad about. Are you a kid or something, hothead? So immature.
Immature, yeah. That's exactly what it is.* Nobody is mad, it's just stating the obvious.
Ok less than 10 IQ? I wonder if that kind of person really exist, Oh yeah there's no such person. But no it was you isn't it? Not frustrated really, just want to optimize the system.
People do exist with terrible IQ, did you not know that? Too bad. Irony much.
Hungry? How funny, Its a shame I have more money than you do.
OH yes, everybody forgot that you're a bitcoin whale.
*Please note the obvious sarcasm.
Activity: 813
Merit: 507
January 29, 2018, 02:26:52 PM
The current system does most likely already what you are asking for.

If you post high quality posts and you are in a signature campaign then the signature manager either takes a look at the posts of his participants and can most likely merit those which are of higher quality or the manager doesnt even check the posts in which case you most likely dont have to be afraid you need merit for this campaign and you can simply count on other users giving your posts merit.

And since signature campaign managers are generally of higher ranks and therefore earn merit faster then the average, they would have enough merit to spare for the higher quality posts if they would like to.

So if you take place in a signature campaign with a dedicated manager then you can already get the behaviour which you are wishing for  Wink
Activity: 392
Merit: 292
January 29, 2018, 02:20:20 PM
Stop being a lazy dumbass, everybody in here knows that you have probably 100 accounts in here and you have a little butthurt because you can not rank up anymore. I can really smell your little Phillipino's heart & spirit; which is making you shit post all over the entire forum.
Oh really now, I have shit posts? Let's compare then. Why are you so mad mate? This is just a suggestion, nothing to be mad about. Are you a kid or something, hothead? So immature.
Yeah yeah... sure.. as an example, you will never get merit because you are a lazy dumbass who has less than 10 IQ and is always shit posting in here. Wow, another guy complaining about the Merit System! What a curious thing to realize that you are so frustrated right?
Ok less than 10 IQ? I wonder if that kind of person really exist, Oh yeah there's no such person. But no it was you isn't it? Not frustrated really, just want to optimize the system.
Came on, i can really smell from here how hungry you are for getting those 0.005 - 0.012 a week from your campaign! What a SAD situation right? You can not rank up anymore!
Hungry? How funny, Its a shame I have more money than you do.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
January 29, 2018, 02:18:32 PM
Edit : it seems he either deleted it or got deleted
LOL.. It seems to be the former to be more true than the latter.
You can totally quote those two posts and just reply it in one post of yours but instead you made two posts. Lame
If only he knew how to.  Roll Eyes
Bad/lazy campaign managers and sig campaigns are a big part of the reason why the forum is a cesspool of spam right now...

I believe the merit system is in place partly to combat bad/lazy campaign managers who are not doing their job.  It would be truly stupid to then give them the power that essentially makes the new merit system useless.

I would say based on the earliest of evidence that smerit distribution is probably still a little bit low.  But given time we can hope that it will be adjusted.  Finding the balance point of making merit useful and useless will probably take some time but adjusting that balancing point to much before data is available also seems stupid.
Hardly anyone is receiving/sending merits to users who are posting in real bitcoin related discussions, the smerit is still being distributed only near and around the meta board.
Mods should have an eye on managers and terrible managers shouldn't be allowed to be merit sources, if ever the suggestion is going to be implemented in action.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 1654
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
January 29, 2018, 02:12:28 PM
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
January 29, 2018, 02:01:42 PM
Came on, i can really smell from here how hungry you are for getting those 0.005 - 0.012 a week from your campaign! What a SAD situation right? You can not rank up anymore

I totally smell the same shit as well

@NoNetwork

You can totally quote those two posts and just reply it in one post of yours but instead you made two posts. Lame

They still need the activity...
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
January 29, 2018, 01:41:04 PM
Came on, i can really smell from here how hungry you are for getting those 0.005 - 0.012 a week from your campaign! What a SAD situation right? You can not rank up anymore

I totally smell the same shit as well

@NoNetwork

Edit : it seems he either deleted it or got deleted
Activity: 1484
Merit: 535
January 29, 2018, 01:29:44 PM
Stop being a lazy dumbass, everybody in here knows that you have probably 100 accounts in here and you have a little butthurt because you can not rank up anymore.
I have to break it to you mate, the 25 posts that I've mentioned is the normal number of post required for the Signature Campaign that Bitcoin-payment-based , besides its just an example, right from the phrase 'let's say...'
The system will not be affected, in fact its going to be improved. Why you asked? Because this will not only benefit the participants as they will be reviewed and going to be worthy of merit to their quality posts
Came on, i can really smell from here how hungry you are for getting those 0.005 - 0.012 a week from your campaign! What a SAD situation right? You can not rank up anymore!
but also the Managers as they will be focused more to their jobs and you know somehow earn even more trust.
Activity: 392
Merit: 292
January 29, 2018, 10:38:49 AM
I was wondering about the new system that has been implemented. We all know that it can be challenging to earn even a single merit, I mean not all the members of this forum are that familiar to what really is going on, especially to the new members.

So I will get to the point, so how about this, let's say we joined a Signature Campaign it lasts for four weeks. And every week you will be required a number of post, let's say 25 posts. So you've already met that requirement and has been confirmed by the Manager. We also know that the Manager reviews your posts if those are constructive, here's the thing why not reward Merits to those participants that have quality posts, by the Manager.

Then its not going be hard as before for the participants to earn Merits and eventually rank up.

Does this idea makes any sense? Let me know guys what are your opinion about this.

I think this will cause more spam post than usual. 25 post a week is a huge number. 10-15 an almost standard requirement for a signature campaign creates so much spam how much more 25. Plus the fact that this will contribute a lot to your rank. I think this will not be good. I hope we can see the system as the way theymos sees it.
I have to break it to you mate, the 25 posts that I've mentioned is the normal number of post required for the Signature Campaign that Bitcoin-payment-based , besides its just an example, right from the phrase 'let's say...'.

The system will not be affected, in fact its going to be improved. Why you asked? Because this will not only benefit the participants as they will be reviewed and going to be worthy of merit to their quality posts(if they have one) but also the Managers as they will be focused more to their jobs and you know somehow earn even more trust.
Activity: 84
Merit: 16
Begone junkers!
January 29, 2018, 10:32:04 AM

I believe the merit system is in place partly to combat bad/lazy campaign managers who are not doing their job.  It would be truly stupid to then give them the power that essentially makes the new merit system useless.

I would say based on the earliest of evidence that smerit distribution is probably still a little bit low.  But given time we can hope that it will be adjusted.  Finding the balance point of making merit useful and useless will probably take some time but adjusting that balancing point to much before data is available also seems stupid.

This is exactly what I'm saying about "in a wrong hands".
But it's actually a bit a same with the system goes right now.. The legendary(usually the campaign managers are) already have their own enough smerit and rank safety to don't give a damn about it.
Even now as we speak, I already seen some people are trying to gain SOURCE Merit that theymos talking about by focusing about encouraging the Merit system and so on instead of what they actually discussed or post before the system is up.. Didn't you find it very fishy?
Well, I am sorry if it's just my speculation about it.
Pages:
Jump to: