Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit System Upgrade - page 10. (Read 34953 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
May 13, 2018, 10:16:26 AM
You don’t need merit to learn about cryptocurrency on this forum. You don’t need merit to do anything of value on this forum. You need merit to destroy this forum, and Facebook, and Twitter and anywhere else you can bomb advertise ICO’s and shitcoins.

While I do agree with the first sentence of that statement, it seems to me the second is a bit extreme. I mean, if merit is needed to destroy the forum, why do we even give it to people and help them destroy the forum? This seems to go against the very purpose of your thread, doesn't it? I'm a bit puzzled so I'm genuinely asking.
Activity: 406
Merit: 156
May 13, 2018, 07:18:26 AM
I really love the concept of what you're doing and i only realized the existence of such thing a few days ago when i participated in pugman's Q/A .
I tend to give some merit whenever i spot a good post yet i haven't been focused on gaining any , especially that i mainly post from my smartphone hence the few spelling mistakes i sometimes commit .
This being said, i'd love to know whether my posts deserve your attention and eventually the reward , or if i should put more thought and especially more time in writing them , have a good day !

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/are-there-still-hope-for-the-altcoins-3247231
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36923625
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36733039
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36716127
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/quit-your-job-to-promote-bounty-campaigns-fulltime-unrealistic-3287733
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36423251
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/trader-future-life-3263683
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35426770
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.34962056
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-satoshi-is-deadif-not-where-is-he-now-2866938
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35272962
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.34416545
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.34329861

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
May 12, 2018, 06:26:40 AM
Activity: 634
Merit: 118
Bounty Hunter Indonesia
legendary
May 10, 2018, 10:31:25 AM
I just know that there is a forum that discusses the rise in rankings, especially merit that really be a solution to reduce spammers in this forum. I also want to contribute in this matter so that we can all achieve success together.

The merit system should reduce the number of leeches that only post here to gain rank so they can make more money. They could care less about cryptocurrency and post complete shit in every thread. Their posts include no discussion, no involvement, no intelligence, no forethought, no benefit to anyone and often don’t even address the topic being discussed. They simply spread visual diarrhea all over the forum to such an extreme extent that almost everyone that previously made this forum a great brainstorming tool for cryptocurrency is now gone.

Pay particular attention to the first sentence in the paragraph above. They only want to make money. Money to them is their local fiat. They are using shitcoins and bitcoins as a way to get fiat. That is completely contrary to the goals and purpose of this forum.

You say you want to help “all achieve success together”. There is no success if any of these leeches gain rank. In fact, that’s the opposite of success, that’s complete failure. They promote everything that is destroying the forum and the validity of bitcoin for a fiat reward.

Gaining merit does not equal success. You don’t need merit to learn about cryptocurrency on this forum. You don’t need merit to do anything of value on this forum. You need merit to destroy this forum, and Facebook, and Twitter and anywhere else you can bomb advertise ICO’s and shitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
May 09, 2018, 08:23:27 AM
I just know that there is a forum that discusses the rise in rankings, especially merit that really be a solution to reduce spammers in this forum. I also want to contribute in this matter so that we can all achieve success together.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 02:50:28 AM
"I have given away more bitcoin than you will likely earn while on this forum."

To have that status of I guess being an early Bitcoin adopter just sounds ultra comfortable with zero frustration. Compared to being newer and trying to figure out how to get a fraction of one. Feeling humbled.

More importantly is the concept that I can’t be corrupted. There is nothing anyone could offer me to entice me to sell them merit. I had money when I came to this forum and started playing with bitcoin, being an early adopter has nothing to do with it. In fact, I started playing with bitcoin because I’m retired and bored, not because I was looking for a way to get rich.

That’s the real plague currently destroying this forum. Everyone using this forum now just wants to make a quick buck and couldn’t give a shit about any cryptocurrency. They could care less that bitcoin has the potential to return power to the people by giving them control over their money. They don’t care that fractional reserve banking is destroying the world economy and oppressing 99% of world citizens.

Here’s how you get a “fraction of one” = get a job and buy it! Help create something that this community values and sell it. Start buying the things that you need with bitcoin and taking bitcoin in trade for things you sell. Don’t pollute the value of bitcoin by diluting the idea of cryptocurrency (that means stop trading and buying shitcoins only because you can earn a six pack of beer a week doing it).

I understand your point and what you were trying to say. I don't think my post really expressed my point though. Money wise I'm ok, I'm probably coming into this in a different way than those that just want to get rich for doing nothing. What I really meant about trying to figure how to get a fraction is really just understanding every subtlety about the market in a deep level, understanding what I currently do not understand. Understand it to the level where I would be less prone to mistakes. Though I'm doing fine, I do not have the type of money where I can experiment and learn, and so the stress level is higher because mistakes can hurt deeply. That's why I imagined such comfort when I read that you were here in the early days.

You in your position, having a lot of merit, and not really having to worry about bitcoin, you have the comfort to offer merit points and experiment like that. So that's an example of having the comfort to experiment.

I understand. Being comfortable (having plenty of what you need or want) gives you freedom. I suppose that’s true but having plenty of merit doesn’t do that for me.

Merit only equates to money if you are using this forum as an income stream. Merit is useless if you’re here to discuss something and have real conversations. You only need merit to gain rank.

You don’t need rank to talk. You don’t need rank to learn. You don’t need rank to teach. You can be a newbie and do all of that.

You need rank to make more sig money. You need rank to make people trust you so you can scam them. You need rank to convince people that you’re someone special even when you’re not.

Chances are if someone wants merit and higher rank then they are probably someone that shouldn’t be here. If you don’t chase merit and rank but instead use the forum to learn and grow you will gain rank and get merit.

Personally I don't care about merit. 24 pages of this thread shows that there's a lot of interest, but it just seems like a lot of work chasing it, for very little gain. I only mentioned it as an example of that freedom to experiment and create such a thread.

Unfortunately it's something that's going to attract the type of people you mentioned.

When I see someone with extra merit, I'm going to be suspicious of them.
legendary
May 03, 2018, 02:34:24 AM

To have that status of I guess being an early Bitcoin adopter just sounds ultra comfortable with zero frustration. Compared to being newer and trying to figure out how to get a fraction of one. Feeling humbled.

More importantly is the concept that I can’t be corrupted. There is nothing anyone could offer me to entice me to sell them merit. I had money when I came to this forum and started playing with bitcoin, being an early adopter has nothing to do with it. In fact, I started playing with bitcoin because I’m retired and bored, not because I was looking for a way to get rich.

That’s the real plague currently destroying this forum. Everyone using this forum now just wants to make a quick buck and couldn’t give a shit about any cryptocurrency. They could care less that bitcoin has the potential to return power to the people by giving them control over their money. They don’t care that fractional reserve banking is destroying the world economy and oppressing 99% of world citizens.

Here’s how you get a “fraction of one” = get a job and buy it! Help create something that this community values and sell it. Start buying the things that you need with bitcoin and taking bitcoin in trade for things you sell. Don’t pollute the value of bitcoin by diluting the idea of cryptocurrency (that means stop trading and buying shitcoins only because you can earn a six pack of beer a week doing it).

I understand your point and what you were trying to say. I don't think my post really expressed my point though. Money wise I'm ok, I'm probably coming into this in a different way than those that just want to get rich for doing nothing. What I really meant about trying to figure how to get a fraction is really just understanding every subtlety about the market in a deep level, understanding what I currently do not understand. Understand it to the level where I would be less prone to mistakes. Though I'm doing fine, I do not have the type of money where I can experiment and learn, and so the stress level is higher because mistakes can hurt deeply. That's why I imagined such comfort when I read that you were here in the early days.

You in your position, having a lot of merit, and not really having to worry about bitcoin, you have the comfort to offer merit points and experiment like that. So that's an example of having the comfort to experiment.

I understand. Being comfortable (having plenty of what you need or want) gives you freedom. I suppose that’s true but having plenty of merit doesn’t do that for me.

Merit only equates to money if you are using this forum as an income stream. Merit is useless if you’re here to discuss something and have real conversations. You only need merit to gain rank.

You don’t need rank to talk. You don’t need rank to learn. You don’t need rank to teach. You can be a newbie and do all of that.

You need rank to make more sig money. You need rank to make people trust you so you can scam them. You need rank to convince people that you’re someone special even when you’re not.

Chances are if someone wants merit and higher rank then they are probably someone that shouldn’t be here. If you don’t chase merit and rank but instead use the forum to learn and grow you will gain rank and get merit.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 12:55:11 AM

legendary
May 03, 2018, 12:39:48 AM

Activity: 196
Merit: 24
May 02, 2018, 11:56:05 PM
I try to put my post here, becauase in my local board its so hard to earn merit, i look they just preferred Opening Post like "guide,tips and trick, etc" and only a few people giving merit to reply posting . My english language is not too good so i just created a little post in english board,

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.34916505
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35407794
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35403559
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36129099

Thanks before for reviewing
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
May 02, 2018, 01:33:07 PM
If you keep doing what you’re doing now, come see me in 3-4 months and I’ll give you the other half.
Deal... challenge accepted!
legendary
May 02, 2018, 12:34:57 PM

I looked at your entire history (which wasn’t difficult because you haven’t been here very long). You are participating more than the last 10 accounts I looked at with half of the time involved. Because you don’t have much history I’m going to split the amount and give you 10. If you keep doing what you’re doing now, come see me in 3-4 months and I’ll give you the other half.
legendary
May 02, 2018, 03:30:23 AM

No, sorry but your post history is 55 pages of nothing. There’s nothing constructive about one liners in a gambling subsection.
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
legendary
April 30, 2018, 10:01:14 AM

Based on your history, I can’t see any participation at all. You mostly copy-paste news stories from other places. As far as I know you’re a sophisticated bot.

All of the Jr members posting here need to reread the OP. The most entertaining thing you Jr’s are doing is copying the OP and asking for merit without ever reading what you’re copying. LOL
Activity: 213
Merit: 1
Tokenize and Discount Real Estate Commission
April 26, 2018, 12:49:16 PM
Is there a thread similar to this for altcoin knowledge?
Pages:
Jump to: