Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit System Upgrade - page 2. (Read 34953 times)

legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
December 07, 2018, 11:35:26 PM
Jay, people need to start using bitcoin as a currency and not just an investment. Bitcoin is a failure if all its ever going to be is an etf or a penny stock.  

How you going to use it as a currency when 1% or less of the population believe in it? You need coincidence of wants for trade, and you need coincidence of belief in a medium for it to act as a currency. We have far to climb yet before two strangers can break bread in the bit-church, but climb we must.

You are not really saying anything different from me, yefi, yet can't we concede that there has been a whole hell-of-a lot of development, adoption, and even public consciousness in bitcoin between 2013 and today, yet perhaps bitcoin grew from .05% to .75% of world adoption.  Great progress, but holy shit far from being able to serve anything like a currency - even while liquidity is way better, so for example, from almost anywhere in the world, if you can get an internet connection, you can transfer various amounts of money for almost free an no one can stop you. 

Of course, some places it is going to be difficult to figure out how to cash out your bitcoin, so there may be some fees involved, but bitcoin definitely gives options to people - and peeps are going to come to this better mouse trap, even though it could take 50 years for people to figure out - including getting distracted by the multitude of shit coin imitators who are building and selling fake mousetraps.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
December 07, 2018, 11:11:41 PM
Jay, people need to start using bitcoin as a currency and not just an investment. Bitcoin is a failure if all its ever going to be is an etf or a penny stock.  

How you going to use it as a currency when 1% or less of the population believe in it? You need coincidence of wants for trade, and you need coincidence of belief in a medium for it to act as a currency. We have far to climb yet before two strangers can break bread in the bit-church, but climb we must.
legendary
December 07, 2018, 10:04:44 PM
The thread is still open so I'm gonna guess you were made a merit source.

I just have one question: why'd you give this guy 20 merit for this post? Most of his posts are cold garbage. When I read them the voice in my mind takes on that of a lobotomy patient. He just trudges through words for the sake of filling bounties.

Not saying you can't, just want to know why. You give them away in bunches of 20 I see... Maybe he applied for meritship here, I apologize for not reading the entire thread.

Running this thread made me realize that guy is the average user now. There’s no brain power left here. Bots puking meaningless drivel, altcoin pump-n-dumpers, bounty hunters, scammers, and campaign managers are all that’s left. 125 page threads of “who’s Satoshi” are the norm because you need to post something to earn money. Bitcoin (the only thing I cared about here) is gone from this forum. Air droplets of cumcoin and tittymilkcoin are the serious discussions now. Bitcoin Jesus has been nailed to the cross and replaced by bitcoin satan.

I thought the merit system (a last ditch effort at redemption) might bring back the fire and I really tried to make it work. Instead all it did was create another altcoin (meritcoin) to be traded secretly on other forums so it can be used by Indonesian posters to make fiat using google translate. Why give him merit? Because he is this forum now.

My assessment is that there is too much pessimism from you, QA, in this here above attached post.

Of course, there are shitty people, scammers and deluded alt coin pumpers in the world and in this forum, but there are are also a lot of smart people who are not deluded and who are trying their best to contribute to the space and to learn as they go.. including having considerable understanding and sympathies for bitcoin. 

Furthermore, it seems quite obvious that there is an ability to lead by example in the fight agains misinformation and misleading information, which can also come from you. 

I did tell you, in another post, that I did appreciate some of your tough talk against the alt coins and your emphasis and praise of Bitcoin maximalists, yet I am a little disappointed if you are giving up on attempts to lead by example in the bitcoin maximalism direction, because certainly this space continues to need folks who are either OGs in bitcoin or at least have been around for long enough and who can share their experiences.. and hopefully not get sucked into the bullshit that is inevitable in life (especially in fields that involve folks wanting to make money and some of the other areas of extension of bitcoin into politics, etc)..

Seems to me that part of that battle is an aspect that you already have shown yourself to be capable of, and that is identifying the difference between something of value and a scam, including continuing with a kind of bitcoin maximalism.. I might not agree with you on a variety of topics, including some of your bitcoin opinions but that is not the point. 

Even if there could be some possibilities that some other project(s) beats out bitcoin, currently, there are no other project(s) that are even in close to being in such ballpark, so does not hurt to continue forward with some form of propagation of bitcoin maximalism.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
December 07, 2018, 08:46:28 PM

I just have one question: why'd you give this guy 20 merit for this post? Most of his posts are cold garbage. When I read them the voice in my mind takes on that of a lobotomy patient. He just trudges through words for the sake of filling bounties.

Not saying you can't, just want to know why. You give them away in bunches of 20 I see... Maybe he applied for meritship here, I apologize for not reading the entire thread.

Running this thread made me realize that guy is the average user now. There’s no brain power left here. Bots puking meaningless drivel, altcoin pump-n-dumpers, bounty hunters, scammers, and campaign managers are all that’s left. 125 page threads of “who’s Satoshi” are the norm because you need to post something to earn money. Bitcoin (the only thing I cared about here) is gone from this forum. Air droplets of cumcoin and tittymilkcoin are the serious discussions now. Bitcoin Jesus has been nailed to the cross and replaced by bitcoin satan.

I thought the merit system (a last ditch effort at redemption) might bring back the fire and I really tried to make it work. Instead all it did was create another altcoin (meritcoin) to be traded secretly on other forums so it can be used by Indonesian posters to make fiat using google translate. Why give him merit? Because he is this forum now.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
December 07, 2018, 01:56:16 PM

legendary
November 23, 2018, 02:31:40 AM
The best thing would be to get rid of signature campaigns. They should be made illegal on this board. That's the problem right there; 95% of posts by sig whores are absolute fucking NPC-tier rubbish, zero contribution whatsoever; if there's an intelligent and original comment, it always disappears covered by mountains of rubbish.

That's the one and only solution to make bitcointalk great again; Merit is just a palliative with severe drawbacks.

But that’s how the forum makes its money.
Activity: 418
Merit: 262
November 22, 2018, 11:17:06 PM
The best thing would be to get rid of signature campaigns. They should be made illegal on this board. That's the problem right there; 95% of posts by sig whores are absolute fucking NPC-tier rubbish, zero contribution whatsoever; if there's an intelligent and original comment, it always disappears covered by mountains of rubbish.

That's the one and only solution to make bitcointalk great again; Merit is just a palliative with severe drawbacks.
legendary
November 19, 2018, 04:57:45 PM
Firstly, tell the misses I say hey.

Secondly, I just sent you all my sM that I was capable of sending - 8. Enjoy, bud.

Bruno

Thanks Bruno, where have you been?

Secret hiding place. If I told you its locale, you'll tell the misses, then the whole world would know its whereabouts.  Tongue

LOL Well we can’t be havin that now can we.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
November 19, 2018, 03:55:46 PM

Secondly, I just sent you all my sM that I was capable of sending - 8. Enjoy, bud.

Bruno

Secret hiding place. If I told you its locale, you'll tell the misses, then the whole world would know its whereabouts.  Tongue
legendary
November 16, 2018, 04:13:54 PM

Bruno

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
November 16, 2018, 04:05:10 PM

Bruno
legendary
November 08, 2018, 06:10:53 PM
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
November 08, 2018, 02:17:13 PM
^
it will be used more and more
legendary
November 08, 2018, 12:30:31 AM
legendary
November 07, 2018, 06:10:27 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head. No one promotes the US dollar, gold, or any other medium of exchange. The use of any currency needs to grow organically over time or be used as a national currency.  The fact that bitcoin has to be promoted to be used speaks too it’s impending failure. As a get rich quick scheme bitcoin has worked for many, as a currency it’s worked for a few.

I cannot identify, QA, whether you turned too much into a bitcoin naysayer, but get real, bitcoin is in early stages, so you cannot expect it to be serving all purposes (especially the currency) ones while it is still in such early stages.

And, your assertion of bitcoin's supposed "impending failure" comes off as quite gloomy.  Do you think that there is some other coin that is more equipped than bitcoin to accomplish the job of sound money?  Do you think sound money is valuable?  Who gives a ratt's ass about whether bitcoin has enough promotion, publicity and advertisement?  The reason so many shit coins engage in high level of advertisement is because they are actual shit (at least compared to the sound money aspects of bitcoin), and just trying to get folks to buy into their inferiority and to suggest that they are either superior to bitcoin or that bitcoin has some kinds of defects that those other bullshit advertised coins are overcoming.

So, in fact, whether bitcoin has advertising or not, the sound money aspect of bitcoin (as long as sound money remains much stronger in bitcoin than any other coin or project) is going to continue to attract folks to buying and accumulating bitcoin.  Spending may or may not follow in the short term, but I doubt that it matters so much as long as their are other shittier currencies to spend (likely into the foreseeable future) under gresham law dynamics.

Actually 50 or 100 years down the road, when many of us are going to be dead, there might be some different dynamics if bitcoin does become the only one currency, and then you will have to spend it, but that situation is so damned far into the future that it would be quite problematic to be theorizing BTC's present use case(s) as if such situation already existed (and like I mention we are way the hell off from being even close to such a bitcoin is the only currency scenario with far less than 1% of any kind of meaningful currency and asset (commodity) market share).

For bitcoin to succeed people need to stop thinking about it every day and simply use it when they need to. I don’t think about how much money I have in the bank until I need to make a purchase. Everyone needs to do that with bitcoin. Bitcoin is doomed as a currency because no one sees it as anything but an investment.

BTC is Doomed?  You see some better candidates?  how about accounting for my assertions above, do those assertions affect your thinking at least in terms of comparing present situation to future situation, and realizing that this whole currency/asset question is not exactly a settled matter based on equally "mature" markets, right?
legendary
November 07, 2018, 05:43:36 PM
Apologies to all concerned, I will no longer be handing out merit in this thread. Theymos removed me as a merit source because he disagreed with the way I spent my merit. I will leave this thread open and you can continue to post merit requests here if you like; however, I won’t be answering them.

Good luck to all.

CBH

mmm pity, we did enjoy youre wall observer drops HAHA fun times

take care

(one shot in here )

only thing i really have to say is when you believe in BTC and the true value of BTC (a decentralized asset), then the choice is made very quickly buy and live with it when and where you can, build the community by using it (HODL it for a part) .   
maybe using it is little personal cause some see it as store of value others to pay bigger amounts, other for fast transactions etc
people biggest problem with BTC is they wanna get rich quick, and can't bear the DUMPs that last a few months but can't change everyone ofcourse....
for me its a clear pad , decentralized,scarce,increasing user counts, fast in using ,easy to private own whitout anyone knowing and so on

i didn't start any good threads in this forum, only some give away threads (such as guessing games where a BTC price is rewarded for the closest one to the question)
such as .  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guess-the-price-before-12december-bakkt-btcgamebtc-5056734    "there are a few more like it"

but there are no wise words to be found only pleasure and fun to mix up a bit here and there.

I think you hit the nail on the head. No one promotes the US dollar, gold, or any other medium of exchange. The use of any currency needs to grow organically over time or be used as a national currency.  The fact that bitcoin has to be promoted to be used speaks too it’s impending failure. As a get rich quick scheme bitcoin has worked for many, as a currency it’s worked for a few.

For bitcoin to succeed people need to stop thinking about it every day and simply use it when they need to. I don’t think about how much money I have in the bank until I need to make a purchase. Everyone needs to do that with bitcoin. Bitcoin is doomed as a currency because no one sees it as anything but an investment.

yeah i know i do buy BTC to spend and do buy  BTC to HODL.... better said whats in cold storage remains there (part of investment)
but i'm sure i did make more BTC transactions as payment as average "bitcoiner" so i feel myself as a guy living to use it for all of it purposes....
did buy online with BTC payments, in poker world use it for transactions, having a private game with some friends always playing with BTC sized buy ins and btc bets..... (all the game is in BTC, as payment), do some give away games on the thread with BTC etc
think i have a good group of friends cause many many coiners.....

but take care and come to the WO from time to time ....... Wink
legendary
November 04, 2018, 10:49:55 PM
Apologies to all concerned, I will no longer be handing out merit in this thread. Theymos removed me as a merit source because he disagreed with the way I spent my merit. I will leave this thread open and you can continue to post merit requests here if you like; however, I won’t be answering them.

Good luck to all.

CBH

take care

(one shot in here )

only thing i really have to say is when you believe in BTC and the true value of BTC (a decentralized asset), then the choice is made very quickly buy and live with it when and where you can, build the community by using it (HODL it for a part) .   
maybe using it is little personal cause some see it as store of value others to pay bigger amounts, other for fast transactions etc
people biggest problem with BTC is they wanna get rich quick, and can't bear the DUMPs that last a few months but can't change everyone ofcourse....
for me its a clear pad , decentralized,scarce,increasing user counts, fast in using ,easy to private own whitout anyone knowing and so on

i didn't start any good threads in this forum, only some give away threads (such as guessing games where a BTC price is rewarded for the closest one to the question)
such as .  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guess-the-price-before-12december-bakkt-btcgamebtc-5056734    "there are a few more like it"

but there are no wise words to be found only pleasure and fun to mix up a bit here and there.

legendary
November 04, 2018, 04:55:33 AM

Good luck to all.

CBH

take care

(one shot in here )

legendary
October 24, 2018, 02:27:53 PM

Good luck to all.

CBH
Activity: 70
Merit: 119
Ya Fattah Ya Razzaq
October 23, 2018, 11:05:26 AM
I'm newbie sir, I really happy being marited. Am I qualified to join?

Note : I only make good post. NEVER make shitpost and spam.
Pages:
Jump to: