Pages:
Author

Topic: MERIT unfair? - page 5. (Read 763 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 119
February 26, 2018, 04:12:09 AM
Unfair to the newbie that came to this forum for knowledge and possible earn.
It's unfair only if you have a sense of entitlement that you should have the right to spam this forum to pieces for a quick buck. The merit system doesn't keep you from learning and sharing; on the contrary, it encourages quality posts and makes them easier to find.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 03:50:25 AM
I think you misunderstand. Theymos introduced merit as a means to stop spam and shitposts that were commonplace here because people wanted to rank up to get into signature campaigns. He didn't introduce it so that"we are centralizing power to those on top" Yes, i agree, it is harder for people to rank up and some quality posts are not merited, but don't you think that the incentive for people to post quality content is worth more than having to work a little harder to rank up?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 03:39:24 AM
Hi Guys,

This is to share my thoughts on this matter.
1. Merit is to promote quality post.
    a. I agree. Post is reviewed for it to be counted as an Activity? why add an additional Merit?
          a1. Unfair to the newbie that came to this forum for knowledge and possible earn. Those guys who have been earlier were not required to have this to ranked up.
 2. How will you that merits are given only to those with quality post?
     a. How will you know that merit are given only to those that deserve it. What if they give it for some other purpose like selling them, or they give it to people they know who doesn't deserve it.
3. How will you compel to who have merit to give to give it out?

Sorry I just feel that the merit system is unjust. Bitcoin is the foundation of our forum. Being decentralized is one of the best features of bitcoin. Adding Merit feels like we are centralizing power to those who are on top!!..
 Embarrassed Embarrassed

Pages:
Jump to: