Pages:
Author

Topic: Meriting: local boards posters vs rest of boards posters - page 3. (Read 676 times)

copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504
Spear the bees
Local boards do have a merit abuse problem, yes. But honestly, we don't have to worry too much about excess merit being spread across the forum because eventually if they do anything meaningful with it (i.e. DT) people will know.

In the case of signature campaign woes (fighting over garbage 'jobs') you can also see their post quality. Merit is very subjective, just like how someone's post quality in the eyes of individual viewers is very subjective. You can't avoid shitty posts getting merit outside of Local and you can't avoid shitty posts getting merit inside of Local. Excluding any board from merit just because certain users are abusing the system is a very surface-level patch to the problem: you're not treating the root cause, merely the symptom.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 605
When I checked why most meriting is NOT happening on usual boards[1] (other than meta/reputation/scam accusation), I was told most posts on usual discussion boards are JUST REPEATED THOUGHTS. I am just wondering same problem is not happening on local boards? Still local board poster are enjoying big merits from their folks.

Why not we assume, "it is okay to merit you even you post a repeated content because you are my countryman or you speak my language".

Probably lots of merit abusing are already happening on local boards just to help each other.

How worst merit system will get suffered if local boards are excluded from meriting?
(It is English forum and local boards are here to support non-native English speakers hence ranking can be through its core parts).

P.S:
Yes, I decided to post this topic after unable to compete against local posters even I am here for around 5 years and do posting after my regular job. But, people do buy an account and post in local and building their reputation easily and enjoy slots on campaigns. One recent example : ChuckBuck (This is not personal attack. I passionately hate that, but for example I need to mention it as a confirmed bought account).

[1]Usual boards:
Bitcoin Discussion, Economics, Speculation, Trading Discussion, all Marketplace sub boards and Beginners & Help.
Pages:
Jump to: