Pages:
Author

Topic: #meritislife: how to be notified on a smartband of merits and mentions - page 7. (Read 3860 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Just to be clear, you get no notifications at all, or only on your apple watch?
LOL Grin I felt it was not necessary to see the notification on the Apple watch, I was active on my PC and didn't have any notifications from the bot at the time. I'm pretty sure it's a bot bug, I don't know how but the delay is too slow for me to receive notification emails. If there was a way to speed it up, it would be better than email, but not now  Roll Eyes
EDIT: If you don't mind, can send me 1 merit to check the message? I'll send it back to you. This is for testing, not for exchanging merit  Wink
You, merit beggar Cheesy /jk
No, don't say that, I'll be sad LOL  Grin Grin
But, damn it, there's no notification here, I wonder how long it will take me to get notified  Roll Eyes
Here it is, it takes 8 minutes for me to receive merit notification  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
You haven't subscirbe for the mention notifications, only for the merit update.
You need to follow the second point of the OP.

Subscribe to the mention bot with your NICKNAME
Code:
Code:
/nick $$yourBitcointalkNICKNAME
In your case will be >

Code:
/nick ChuckBuck

Edit: I haven't got yet any notifications, I guess @iasenko didn't trigger one.. weird.
Even NO. I didn't receive any notifications about merit, I'm pretty sure it's an bug  Roll Eyes
Code:
/nick ChuckBuck
I did this too, but similarly, nothing happened  Roll Eyes
EDIT: I get the message now  Cheesy Damn it, it's too late Cheesy It took about more than 20 minutes to send me a notice, this is inflexible  Roll Eyes The latency is too large for a notification bot
Strange, I just setup my notification bot a few days ago and it's working fine. Did exatcly what it says in the OP and now I even got a notification on my Band 2 Smiley Post your issues in the bot thread : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53330085
Just to be clear, you get no notifications at all, or only on your apple watch?

EDIT: If you don't mind, can send me 1 merit to check the message? I'll send it back to you. This is for testing, not for exchanging merit  Wink
You, merit beggar Cheesy /jk
better everyday ♥

Code:
Code:
In your case will be >

Code:
/nick ChuckBuck

Edit: I haven't got yet any notifications, I guess @iasenko didn't trigger one.. weird.
Even NO. I didn't receive any notifications about merit, I'm pretty sure it's an bug  Roll Eyes
Code:
/nick ChuckBuck
I did this too, but similarly, nothing happened  Roll Eyes
EDIT: I get the message now  Cheesy Damn it, it's too late Cheesy It took about more than 20 minutes to send me a notice, this is inflexible  Roll Eyes The latency is too large for a notification bot
legendary
₿uy / $ell
Guy, I am testing your bot and I think we have a little bug here  Roll Eyes
http://https ://i.imgur.com/3JOpIst.png
I used the command and nothing happens, it does not update the information needed for me as your image. Is it an bug that occurred?

I am using apple watch series 3, is it good to receive notifications?

Code:
Code:
In your case will be >

Code:
/nick ChuckBuck

Edit: I haven't got yet any notifications, I guess @iasenko didn't trigger one.. weird. It worked Smiley Missed to take a pic Sad
better everyday ♥
Guy, I am testing your bot and I think we have a little bug here  Roll Eyes

I used the command and nothing happens, it does not update the information needed for me as your image. Is it an bug that occurred?

I am using apple watch series 3, is it good to receive notifications?
legendary
₿uy / $ell
That's a cool guide. I still have may Xiaomi MI band 2 and I'm so satisfied with it. I'm playing with it right now to test the notifications. If everything is correctly set up this should trigger a notification now, if you have Band 2 you won't be able to read the content, you just get a buzz Smiley
@iasenko Let's see Smiley

EDIT > It's working.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
You have to really like getting merit if you are getting watch notifications every time you receive merit.

#meritislife
You weren't reading this if you weren't basically agreeing on this.

I might tend to agree to "meritislife" but this is more like "merit-obsession"  Grin

Nice topic but No! thanks, I wouldn't be buying and wearing a smartband just to know when somebody sends me merit, it's a bit too much IMO.

Aha!
Yes, I am slightly obsessed with merits.
Please note that I did this first of all because I like to tinker with all the possible gadgets and idea who come to my mind.
I deliberately overstated a few statements and sentences throughout the post to make my merit obsession bigger than it is ("sleep deprivation because of merits? are you sure?"), but It is an half-jokingly attitude.

Used Mi Band 4 for a few months now. I can agree that it's a good smartwatch. The health feature is more of a gimmick obviously but the rest is good. The battery can last for 20 days or so which is definitely a plus. But keep in mind that you need to have a Mi account to log in to the app before you can use it.

Correct, battery life is quite good. This was one of the main reason because I chose it against an Apple watch (price being the first, by a good distance): I want to focus on forum and merits, not charging the damn thing.
Only advice is that you can use a trow-away mail for this app.

I currently use an Apple Watch to watch notifications, daily activities, reminders, etc. All I need to do is subscribe to that bot. Thanks.

You could add as well like the app Done to see your progress in tracking your habits (like posting, forming a habit, etc)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/done-a-simple-habit-tracker/id1103961876

P.S. Battery life on an Apple Watch depends on the usage and if you have the latest one, Series 5, you could turn on or off the always-on display and save more battery.

As I said, the price point was a barrier for me.
This costs less than 10% of an Apple watch, with inferior performances, of course, bar battery time, where Apple Watch is beaten big time, and the related function of sleep tracking. (even if you don't sleep very much if you are really focused on the forum.

<...>
And for an improved formatting style, the problem why the size of the first picture in a table is too little, is a known issue.

You can avoid that by adding an empty table row.  Cool

It might be a known issue, but not by me! thanks for the head up!
EDIT: Looks like an empty cell, rather than an empty row, but whatever, it worked!

Edit:
I've also changed width to height to have the pictures in the same position.  

Nah, I noticed that before, but I don't like this as it distorts the images. I am going to crop all the images to fit the perfect aspect ratio of my original image!

Merit addicted confirmed Grin. It'd be amazing if there's a bot which can show received merit amount and it's sender.
<...>

I think Giammangiato is working to improve the bot in this way, as per my suggestion. But it requires an external scaper (Like Maggiordomo did) and apparently he was stuck on this.

This is quite cool despite being creepy AF. Makes it kinda tempting to send you merits at 3 AM, one at a time 5 minutes apart.

There's a feature in iOS to disable notifications at set times.
I use it, so you can send merits whenever you want.

Thank you all for the comments.
I am going to implement in the guide asap (Damn RL!)

Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
#meritislife

I might tend to agree to "meritislife" but this is more like "merit-obsession"  Grin

Nice topic but No! thanks, I wouldn't be buying and wearing a smartband just to know when somebody sends me merit, it's a bit too much IMO.

Exactly, and it's not like if you don't check the merit notification instantly, someone is going to take it away from you lmao
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 2169
Professional Community manager
Wow this is great actually. In my country, robbing and snatching during late at night are common especially if your riding public transport and that's how dangerous it is. Some users might be checking their phone to see what's new or pop up on the forum but with this, maybe it would be avoided such using phones in dangerous places.
You should absolutely not be checking your phone in a dangerous place simply to see who merited you on the forum or who mentioned you in a reply. That's a little too much. Also wearing a smart band might give an indication of wealth which would also attract hoodlums.
It can also give your involvement in bitcointalk away and someone could trace your identity to the forum.

I'd rather wait until I have enough free time to check up the forum and catch up with whatever I had missed.
legendary
Merit: 6618
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1703
airbet.io
This is only an option to be able to see merit from various devices. Want to buy a smartband or not it's everyone's choice.

Currently, there are also many who use smartband for daily activities because of its many features and are very helpful for daily activities rather than ordinary watches.

how to see merit on a smartband can also be applied to other devices such as on-screen dashboards in cars and other devices that support Bluetooth connections and have the option to display notifications for telegram applications and other apps.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1315
Wow this is great actually. In my country, robbing and snatching during late at night is common especially if your riding public transport and that's how dangerous it is. Some users might be checking their phone to see what's new or pop up on forum but with this, maybe it would be avoided such using phones in dangerous places.

But this is right. For such option would be expensive and impractical but the feature of notification is really helpful for those users who always received merits.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
This is quite cool despite being creepy AF. Makes it kinda tempting to send you merits at 3 AM, one at a time 5 minutes apart.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
#meritislife

copper member
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
I currently use an Apple Watch to watch notifications, daily activities, reminders, etc. All I need to do is subscribe to that bot. Thanks.

You could add as well like the app Done to see your progress in tracking your habits (like posting, forming a habit, etc)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/done-a-simple-habit-tracker/id1103961876

P.S. Battery life on an Apple Watch depends on the usage and if you have the latest one, Series 5, you could turn on or off the always-on display and save more battery.
copper member
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
You have to really like getting merit if you are getting watch notifications every time you receive merit.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
Used Mi Band 4 for a few months now. I can agree that it's a good smartwatch. The health feature is more of a gimmick obviously but the rest is good. The battery can last for 20 days or so which is definitely a plus. But keep in mind that you need to have a Mi account to log in to the app before you can use it.

legendary
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Pages:
Jump to: