Pages:
Author

Topic: #meritislife: how to be notified on a smartband of merits and mentions - page 4. (Read 3860 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Hey that's my name on your wrist band!  Grin  Grin Grin I did not know there could have been people so crazy about getting merits and other sort of things! If I understand that bot basically connects your band to all your bitcointalk activities and you get notified for everything you want to see in real time. That's wundebar  Cool

Yes, there is a merit related madness slowly spreading over the forum.
In addition to that, you must know that the thing also gives an haptic feedback when the notification fires.
So when you send a merit, I physically can feel a vibration on my body wrist...
Activity: 924
Merit: 220

They are called the dr. nerd, to which they are doctorate in getting merit like @fillippone.  I don't know of this guy but he is one of the fastest earning merits and making his account into legendary is not difficult. He just need to increase his activity and that's it legendary rank is waving. There are other members too that I am seeing already a  candidate in ranking up to highest rank which legendary. I was not surprise too that they were able to get some merits because if their posting habit. Anyway, we should be glad they were here in the forum for they contribute a lot in here.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
After a few months of usage I can say I am satisfied with the upgrade: the display of the MI5 is way better than the old one, the sensors are more precise and the overall feeling is better.
Are those improvement worth the extra bucks? My tentative answer is yes.
Also, a long overdue (hairy wrist picture) picture.

I am going to add this picture and the one from the @thebeardedwrist @TheBeardedBaby to the gallery.

Hey that's my name on your wrist band!  Grin  Grin Grin I did not know there could have been people so crazy about getting merits and other sort of things! If I understand that bot basically connects your band to all your bitcointalk activities and you get notified for everything you want to see in real time. That's wundebar  Cool
legendary
After a few months of usage I can say I am satisfied with the upgrade: the display of the MI5 is way better than the old one, the sensors are more precise and the overall feeling is better.
Are those improvement worth the extra bucks? My tentative answer is yes.
Also, a long overdue (hairy wrist picture) picture.

I am going to add this picture and the one from the @thebeardedwrist @TheBeardedBaby to the gallery.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
I'm also in the MI Generation 5 club for the past few weeks, just now found a time to post an update and image Wink Of course the notifications work just fine. Cool gadget, recommend even for those that are not so merit addicted Cheesy

Edit: I  have to fix this pic. Fixed it Smiley
legendary
Xiaomi recently upgraded their wonderful Mi Band4 with the new model Mi Band5.
Of course I couldn't resist and I immediately upgraded to the new model.

Official link to the Xiami Global Store: Mi Band5
The new band can be found on Amazon at roughly 50 USD.

Official Specifications:

Display
1.1" AMOLED display
Display resolution: 126*29
Display color depth: 16 bit
Display backlight: Maximum brightness ≥ 450 nits, adjustable
Display button:One touch-button (wakeup, return)

Sensors
High precision 6-axis sensor and PPG heart rate sensor
6-axis sensor: Low power-consumption 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope
PPG heart rate sensor
Digital MEMS microphone

Battery life
14-day extra-long battery life with magnetic charger
Charging method: Magnetic charging
Charging time: < 2 hours
Battery life: ≥ 14 days

Sports
11 professional sports modes
Supported exercises:
Outdoor running, power walking, cycling, indoor running, pool swimming, freestyle,
indoor cycling, elliptical, jump rope, yoga, rowing machine
Supports automatic running or walking detection, pace alerts, completed kilometer alerts, high heart rate alerts

Health
24-hour heart rate and sleep monitoring
with women's health tracking
Heart rate monitoring: Whole-day heart rate manual heart rate, resting heart rate and heart rate curve
Sleep monitoring: Deep sleep, light sleep, rapid eye movement (REM), naps
Women's health tracking: Provides recording and reminders for the menstrual cycle and ovulation phases
Stress monitoring, breathing exercises, PAI vitality index assessment, idle alerts, step counter, goal setting

Other features
Remote photo-taking, music playback, find my phone, phone muting, phone unlocking, incoming call notification, do not disturb, WhatsAPP notification, app message alerts, calendar reminder, event reminder, weather forecast, timer, countdown timer, alarm, Bluetooth broadcasting, online dials, custom dials, preset dials, screen locking, charging progress display, choice of wearing method, OTA upgrades

Dimensions and specifications
Model number
XMSH10HM

Body net weight
11.9 g

Body dimensions
46.95 × 18.15 × 12.45 mm

Waterproof rating
5 ATM

Wireless connection
Bluetooth 5.0 BLE

Haptic motor
Rotor motor

RAM
512 KB

Flash memory
16 MB

Adjustable length
155–219 mm

Battery capacity
125 mAh

Battery type
Lithium-ion polymer battery

Strap material
TPU

Wristband buckle material
Aluminum alloy

Display cover material
2.5D reinforced glass and AF coating

Case material
PC plastic

Operating temperature
0℃~45℃

System language
Supports English, Spanish, Russian, Italian, French, German, Ukrainian, Polish, Korean, Portuguese, Turkish, Japanese, Arabic, Czech, Thai, Indonesian, Greek, Vietnamese, Romanian, Chinese and Dutch. The aforementioned languages will be launched successively.

Supported systems
Android 5.0 or iOS 10.0 and above

I have been using since a few days,  look and feel is almost the same as the old model, screen is bigger, but it really it is a best fit of the previous form factor (lesser bezels). It has almost hte same feature, plus a few nice attition, but not a revolution, only a step evolution.

I can summarise a few finding for the moment:

PRO
  • More precise sensors
  • Much more easy charging
  • Remote camera shutter

CONS
  • Battery life seems to be reduced due to the much more precise sensors
  • Extra cost

For our purpouse the two versions work absolutely at the same manner: I cannot recommend upgrading only for this and the preference is due only to the extra cost for the few feature it offers.
I think it is fair to let the choice to individual preferences.

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
We are waiting for your submission to the "hairy wrist gallery".

https://imgur.com/SA7AC64

Man, the Band 5 looks so much better!

We are still waiting for your submission!

Why are you still waiting when you quoted it?   Tongue

Almost a month and I haven't needed to recharge.  :

legendary

We are still waiting for your submission!
(Don’t gin&tonic&post)

Also the Mi Band 5 is coming to Europe very soon. I have already placed an order to test it with with the merit notification bot.
Screen is bigger, should be a nice improvement!
Vod
legendary

legendary
₿uy / $ell
It's out there already on Ali, I don't know how legit it is tho, but I'll keep an eye on it.
legendary
I ordered one - delivery in August lol.  

It arrived today.  Charging now.   Pumped!!!  Smiley

On a side note, Xiaomi Mi Band 5 has just been officially released and it's already sold out in the first day of public sales.
Your fellow Italian Stallion is waiting for an official European Version and will test it on his hairy wrist as soon as possible!

Vod
legendary
I ordered one - delivery in August lol.  

It arrived today.  Charging now.   Pumped!!!  Smiley
legendary
<....>
Yes, I have been observing a few malfunctioning too lately.
I think the best thing to do is letting giammangiato know about your problem writing in the bot thread I linked.
That’s the best place to discuss those issues rather than here.
I linked also another option by the way. You can give it a try too.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
I have been using this bot for a long time, it always works correctly, but lately, I rarely get more notifications even though I get quoted a lot in other topics. I go back to a few topics, I see that there are many topics that my post has been quoted, but I only get 1 or 2 notifications for that every day. I think it has been slowed down. Or its mechanism of action changed, I'm not sure, but it was what I felt. I hope someone can fix it  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 2540
<>
I found it by chance, while you see the notification, click at the bottom of the screen and the notification stays longer, so you can read the content or take a photo more calmly if you want.
legendary
I added in the thread the instruction to use a new Bot available here on the forum:

@TryNinja is doing a great work with his bot it already has a smooth interface but it's  constantly improving and adding functions (my guide on how to configure it is a little bit redundant actually).

You can find instructions to configure his Bot for our purpouses at the end of the OP: TryNinja Bot specific instructions

legendary
^^
Nice, don't worry, you are a legit contender in the hairest wrist on BitcoinTalk!

Anyway, news is MI Band 5 is coming. Time for an upgrade!

https://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-mi-band-5-1109250/

Update: May 15, 2020 (10:30 AM ET): The Xiaomi Mi Band 5 could be about to launch soon. As spotted by Indiashopps, the Taiwan National Communication Commission (NCC) just certified a Xiaomi device with model number XMSH10HM. The model number of the newly certified device is similar to that of the Mi Band 4 which comes bearing model number XMSH07HM. This indicates that XMSH10HM could indeed be the Mi Band 5.

Given that the Mi Band 4 was released in June last year, the Mi Band 5 could also drop around the same time. In that case, it’s certification right now makes all the sense in the world.

Besides the possible Mi Band 5 listing, Indiashopp also reports that it spotted a wearable called Mi Smart Band 4C on the website of Indonesia’s telecom authority. This product has the same model number as the Redmi Band which was recently launched in China. Therefore, it’s possible that Xiaomi is prepping to launch the Redmi Band as the Mi Band 4C globally.

Could both the Mi Band and Mi Band 4C launch simultaneously? We’re not sure yet, but we’ll keep you posted as and when we know more.

legendary
₿uy / $ell
Little bit of off-topic, but here is question, how long it last the battery of this Mi band 4? My old one Mi-band 2 is still working great, checked it now, last charged was 8 days ago and it's on 76% still. This is for 4-5 years old band.

On topic the notifications on the Mi-band 2 are working perfictly Smiley

Really depends on the amount of notification you get, but I usually squeeze 20 days out of it.

Hey!
If you are wearing the merit notification smartband, you definetly have to post a picture!

Will do, I tried to catch it a few times but.. without success, it's too damn fast the notification Cheesy. there will be one more wooly wrist Cheesy

There you go :

Ahah it is definitely the worst picture!!

Are you sure you have to catch notifications on the fly?
I don’t know how the 2 works, but in the 3 I can scroll to the notification menu and tapping on it I can “replay” the last notification... so it is pretty useful to take picture without staying hours staring at your wrists! Wink
We are having fun with this think after all...

MB2 is a bit crippled, you get only telegram icon as notification. In addition with the last firmware update the screen brightness was reduced too much so you barely see anything. I'm using it only when I'm out working in the garden or do something to the house, basically for dirty work.
I can take a pic of my Huawei Watch if you want that will be a bit better, but since you started the thread as for a smartband notifications I though I may use my old band Tongue
legendary
Little bit of off-topic, but here is question, how long it last the battery of this Mi band 4? My old one Mi-band 2 is still working great, checked it now, last charged was 8 days ago and it's on 76% still. This is for 4-5 years old band.

Really depends on the amount of notification you get, but I usually squeeze 20 days out of it.

Hey!
If you are wearing the merit notification smartband, you definetly have to post a picture!

Will do, I tried to catch it a few times but.. without success, it's too damn fast the notification Cheesy. there will be one more wooly wrist Cheesy

There you go :

Ahah it is definitely the worst picture!!

Are you sure you have to catch notifications on the fly?
I don’t know how the 2 works, but in the 3 I can scroll to the notification menu and tapping on it I can “replay” the last notification... so it is pretty useful to take picture without staying hours staring at your wrists! Wink
We are having fun with this think after all...

EDIT: Wrist added to the gallery!
legendary
₿uy / $ell

Hey!

There you go :

Pages:
Jump to: