Pages:
Author

Topic: [Merits Giveaway]2019 in review. A big thanks to many forum users. - page 7. (Read 2399 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 2540
<>
This is also my first active year in the forum although I registered in 2017.

- Last of the V8s we all have a reference user, V8 was the first member of WO to welcome me and helped me a lot in my beginnings in the forum.
- bitserve for advising me from the beginning to learn and improve English.
- JayJuanGee always pending my threads and publications.
- micgoossens for his sympathy and collaboration with everyone.
- xhomerx10 for his work in the hats.
- DdmrDdmr your help in the local section was and remains perfect, apart from that it is a very objective and neutral merit source.

My list would be very long, an important part of LoyceV (txt) list would be necessary to compile my list, I end up thanking all the Wall Observer thread, my Local Section and Bitcointalk, we have a fantastic forum.
(I wanted to say this a long time ago. Wink)

- fillippone you have become a very competent merit source, theymos made a right decision with you.

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
tryninja have technical skill on the forum, I fan and learning how he solved anything here
LOL, thank you for saving me, dude. Cheesy
(also Upgrade00)

50 Cent for his good will and help on catching ban evaders.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
There’s a lot of members I’d like to thank for my first really active year here on the forum . I want to pick members who I’ve felt have helped me personally -
frankbitcoin- for guiding me through my first ever buy in collectibles
miner jones and vizique - for their knowledge and level headedness in the collectibles section again.
micgoosens - for being a genuine and informative poster
krogothmanhattan - for spreading his knowledge and introducing forum users to interesting and historical collectibles
hilariousandco- for introducing myself to new forum members via football/ soccer discussions
These are just a few , but I love everyone on the forum who tries to be positive even when it can be very difficult. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
micgoossens - admire on his BTCitcoin prediction contest quarterly, very supportive as well.
tranthidung - good contributor in the forum and regarding top merited users stat club.
LoyceV - making trust list viewer of all members in the forum, it's a great help.
DdmrDdmr - make Merit dashboard in all section of the entire forum, it's very informative.
DarkStar_ - A merit source who helped in our local board, also have a loan service that a great help to those who have a financial problem.
Hhampuz and yahoo62278 - a great managers in forum.
cabalism13 and crwth - they are both working on a charity program that really great help and more children has fed.

As always @theymos - I respect this admin especially the last 10th-anniversary contest he made. Everyone was happy at that time in participating.
Activity: 519
Merit: 197
tryninja have technical skill on the forum, I fan and learning how he solved anything here
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
VB1001 and fillippone - do good threads, fit in nicely, companionable
cryptotourist and Lambie Slayer - funny, helpful and nice
kurious and p_shep -still quite alert for such very old members
xhomerx10 and gentlemand - wonderful and weird
micgoossens and LFC_Bitcoin - get a room
HCP and krogothmanahattan - decent generous folk from 'outside'
LoyceV - person.

edit thanks for the merits, I feel dirty now.
edit II the crappy sequel: left boatloads of people out. tough.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
dbshck One of the best local moderators, and he also ranked second as a member of Most generous merit senders, all time with 14281 merit. He has helped many people get promoted to new rank, not only on the local board but also quite actively sending merit on the global board.

LoyceV, tranthidung & DdmrDdmr they are users who have high quality in terms of forum statistics and users, when I need data, so I visit their threads quite often.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
LoyceV: Bitcointalk's AI and the one who is the reason why I got motivated to rank up and he merited me more times than other forum members.

HCP: Most active member of  Bitcoin Technical Support and helping to resolve newbies and even veterans of technical related queries.

nc50lc : ANother active user of Bitcoin Technical Support and he deserves more merits than what he got at the moment,IMHO.

tranthidung: Stats creator of bitcointalk and helped many forum members to get stats related to anything.

DdmrDdmr: Another forum's AI and helping newbies on B&H with his knowledgeable suggestions.

iasenko: One who proved newbie could rank up to legendary when people start blaming about the difficulty of getting merits when the merit system was introduced,it seems still his previous avatar is more famous than others.

OmegaStarScream: Active member of service discussion and its child board.

Edit: xhomerx10: Amazing person and kind-hearted,one who created my amazing eye-catching avatar just like he did for other hundred users. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 2169
Professional Community manager
This is a very interactive community and there are lots if members who have aided my little growth on the forum.
I referenced DdmrDdnr in Hhampuz's thread. He has been an inspiration to my journey. Out of many also;

Hal Finney, he touched lots of people on the forum and by extension off it, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-and-me-hal-finney-155054

Suchmoon: An overall level headed guy

Cryptopreneurbrainboss: A huge asset to the Nigerian community.

Also Welsh: Great mod
TryNinja? Grin: A nice forum member as well.
I would also like to reference every member of the Spam Buster's club
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
> sees Hhampuz thread;
> not mentioned;
> sees fillipone thread;
> still not mentioned.

RIP TryNinja (2015 - 2019). Cry
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
Coolcryptovator: Great campaign manager, and also one who has dedicated his time to make sure scam is exposed for all to see and be warned about them.
DdmrDdmr: Great forum user, his threads are always ever useful.
Suchmoon: 4 always giving out 4 smerits Grin(helps rank up)
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
2019 is going to end soon.

This thread from Hhampuz made me realise I had to stop for a moment to review how much it happened during last year, and thank all the users who contributed to the way I walked on the forum this year, each one of them in a different way, according to their specific capabilities and attitudes,

Just compile a good list, with a few words of thanks toward the user.

So I am posting a list of users who helped me during last years, and I encourage you to do the same.

I will pour merits (I won’t precommit like Theymos, but rest assured on this) on everyone who decide do compile the list, and also on the users more mentioned on all the list themselves.

I commit to reinvest every sMerits received in this thread on the final give out.

There are a lot of members I would like to thanks.
This has been my first year active on the forum, and 365 days ago I had 69 merits.

So I am going to take my time and thank a few users who helped me grow in the forum:
  • Babo for his  fist forum guidelines and advices.
  • Plutosky for his insightful posts and the endless conversations.
  • Micgoosesens for his cheerful and always positive attitude.
  • LFC_Bitcoin who provided me encouragement to move up with my engagement in the forum.
  • VB1001 and LUCKMCFLY whose posts provided me thoughtful moments.
  • LoyceV: more than once I used his posting habits and forum behaviour as  guidance for my acting on the forum.
  • Ddmrddmr: a great user who uses number to separate truth from lies, and who gave the forum his DdmrDdmr BitcoinTalk Merit Dashboard, one of the tools I used the most over the last year.
  • o_e_l_e_o: I had a few really insightful exchange of views this years and made me even reconsider something I was very certain of: no matter how you think you know something, you can always learn from others.
  • theymos: last but not least. This last November I became Merit Source, I think this is testimony of the effort I put in the forum, and this started a new phase as a forum user, not only contributor, but also promoter of good post quality.

Edit:
A little bit more than 200 merits later:

Most of them come from my merit source and personal stash, incoming merits have been lower than expected. This thread was about giving, not receiving. The balance is good, could have been better, but who knows, some belated donor might get the wheel spinning fast again.

Also I ranked up quite well on the merit sender chart!

@suchmoon is out of reach, for now!
Pages:
Jump to: