Pages:
Author

Topic: Mew safe now?? - page 11. (Read 3796 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 105
ADAB ICO
September 14, 2018, 05:12:55 PM
Huh damnit i wanted to sell my vibe tokens, but to afraid to log in...  Angry

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?

Myetherewallet is always safe, almost 80% of the people here in this forum who are working on bounty campaigns are using mew to store their tokens when they receive their rewards.
Activity: 139
Merit: 10
September 14, 2018, 05:09:03 PM
MEW has always been safe. Any purse should be used neatly. The forum has a lot of instructions on how to protect yourself from hackers. Use them and your coins will always be safe.
Activity: 490
September 14, 2018, 05:02:19 PM
Use other more reliable purses. Now just a huge selection of purses for storing crypto currency.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
September 14, 2018, 04:13:14 PM
If you already bookmarked it, there is no need to panic. You can make use of it inasmuch as it is still working. I also have some sites that i have bookmarked and they never got compromised, but are very much safe to use. most times, if you cannot bookmarked or to be double sure, you can simply get a book where you can write down the links to those sites. Just recently i discovered that i had some tokens on wallet domicile on a site since February, i already wrote it down and to be amazement, i was able to recover the tokens.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
”Decentralized Digital Billboards”
September 14, 2018, 02:37:49 PM
Use the MEW wallet and never share your password with anyone. On the official website of the wallet there are tips and recommended plugins that will help protect your tokens and protect against phishing. Be careful.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
September 14, 2018, 09:21:34 AM
Yes of course there can be no one here will not give 100% guarantee of your means. Can even but the computer can be a trojan that monitors everything or any other very dangerous virus. It is necessary to use the antivirus and go from the bookmarks and also check the url address of the purse mew site. And finally, there is no need to shine a purse in which there is a large amount of money and then no one will know about it.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
September 14, 2018, 09:20:28 AM
MEW has always been safe, if the user of this purse a responsible attitude to its private keys, and used it on untrusted third-party resources. So I was never afraid to use it. You need to take responsibility for your own crypto-security - it will save your money and time spent on the mortgage.
Activity: 242
September 14, 2018, 09:16:53 AM

How can i know if its safe. Can a page be exactly the same as a phising site? I bookmarked it  half a year ago. Can a bookmarked site allways be trusted or what?

I dont log-in to MEW right now. I either import my account in MetaMask and transact from there. Or I use decentralized exchanges that detect my token automatically whenever I import my wallet there. This way I won't have to open and log-in to MyEtherwallet.
September 14, 2018, 09:13:59 AM
There has been alot of phishing scam attempt on myetherwallet but one must be very careful when opening the website not to be redirected to the phishing website. If you feel unsafe with myetherwallet I suggest you use metamask wallet.
He mention that he  bookmarked the site and if that's the original one before this phishing site he might continue used it without any worries, MEW
got a lots of problem for a while as hackers penetrate those who are not too furious about their assets, it can be avoided if the user itself is very
attentive and always alert before placing the private key, though it looks the same but from the url itself we can notice a little difference from the
original one.
if you are unsure you may consult the manager of the wallet i mean the company and they will tell you what to do
September 14, 2018, 09:13:02 AM

well i have heard that myetherwallet has some troubles but it is just a temporary situation and i think things are fine now
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
September 14, 2018, 09:09:36 AM
There has been alot of phishing scam attempt on myetherwallet but one must be very careful when opening the website not to be redirected to the phishing website. If you feel unsafe with myetherwallet I suggest you use metamask wallet.
He mention that he  bookmarked the site and if that's the original one before this phishing site he might continue used it without any worries, MEW
got a lots of problem for a while as hackers penetrate those who are not too furious about their assets, it can be avoided if the user itself is very
attentive and always alert before placing the private key, though it looks the same but from the url itself we can notice a little difference from the
original one.
Activity: 434
September 14, 2018, 08:49:10 AM
make sure to enter the correct website address.
the original site has a certificate and is safe with a green sign in the url address
Activity: 238
September 14, 2018, 08:44:41 AM
In the opinion of my friends and my opinion - MEW is a good purse for storing and transferring money. None of my friends lost money for nothing. The main thing is to insert the key where necessary.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 01:17:42 PM
Activity: 319
Apeswap Finance
September 12, 2018, 01:11:20 PM
I have never experienced a problem with myetherwallet, until now it is still very safe, and it is very easy to determine phishing sites, in addition to bookmarks you also have to be careful in looking at the myetherwallet link, so in my opinion myetherwallet is very safe
Activity: 112
September 12, 2018, 12:14:42 PM
for me YES because here is one apps that can not be hacked by bad guys. And we know the wallet super security it uses with pass code or finger print for smart phones.
Activity: 128
September 12, 2018, 11:50:36 AM
MEW is a relatively safe site and I think that it is a wallet.
I think that it is safe unless you tell someone a private key.

There are fraud in Airdrops, so you have to be careful because you may be asked for a private key.
MEW's private key is yours. Even if asked, do not teach.
Activity: 182
September 12, 2018, 11:42:50 AM
for me all the wallets are safe. so we lose money because of negligence so be careful and know the password of each account for not losing money.
Merit: 11
September 12, 2018, 11:23:55 AM

I still use Myether wallet and I was able to sold my tokens without anything happen so I am confident  that this is already safe to use but I will use one wallet for every campaigns.
Activity: 56
September 12, 2018, 11:20:34 AM
myetherwallet.com is the correct site
Pages:
Jump to: