Pages:
Author

Topic: Micheal Salyor decalogue for a 10x Bitcoin Appreciation - page 5. (Read 919 times)

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
No way Micheal Saylor can be put in hot water by his shareholders when he controls the 74% of the voting power.
Not by some proposal at the annual shareholder's meeting for sure, but there are thousands of ambulance-chasing lawyers out there just itching to throw class action lawsuits at companies whose share price has tanked because of some perceived (or actual) doing of the CEO, the company itself, or whatever they can think of.  I've gotten so many postcards alerting me of various lawsuits against companies I've owned stock in over the years that I could probably wallpaper my living room with them had I kept them all.

My point is that Saylor may be the largest shareholder, but he isn't the only one, and the others have some rights in the eyes of the law.  I have no clue what those rights are, but those aforementioned lawyers do, and I guess we'll just see how it all plays out.  The stock was up quite a bit last I checked, but nowhere near where it was some months ago.  Whoever bought it when it was $200 and above has lost money if they held onto it, and unless they share Saylor's attitude about MSTR and/or bitcoin they can't be happy.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
These problems are not new (PS. Are you sure he said UST and not USDT?), just most don't speak up - I guess that they prefer to see Bitcoin market in a "wild wild west" status. Actually he was rather silent too until he has filled his "pockets" with bitcoin  Cheesy
However, he's right. And the more big names speak up, the more chance we'll get there too... eventually.

I doubt that it is really fair to characterize Saylor as silent even though it is true that he bought something like 17k BTC for himself in mid 2020 before buying even a a larger amount with his company about a month or more later. and since his company was already public he had to make some disclosures in regards to his company and intentions before buying that first time and then he came out more publicly after his company had accumulated its initial stash..

Saylor seems to have ben going over backwards in regards to s various disclosures and publicness about bitcoin and buys and intended buys. .maybe even to his detriment.. We should also concede that there is some strategic disadvantage to telegraphing in advance too much because no one wants to be front run in terms of purchases, if they can avoid it.   

You do seem to referring to a kind of unfairness that Saylor bought 17k BTC prior to his company and prior to less ambiguous and more direct public disclosures.. I personally would not conclude that he was unethical in those kinds of ways . but surely people draw their eithical (and even is it legal?) lines in different places.

I am a new investor in Bitcoin. I entered the market before this bearish period and it has made me to study about the causes of this downward movement of Bitcoin and the solution to this problem. Micheal Salyor decalogue is the summary of all I have learnt or studied. As much as Bitcoin promotes freedom and decentralization but there must be a trade rule. People should not take advantage of the freedom it offers to harvest gains to the detriment of the market. There should be an entry and exit rule. So many shitcoins are being founded everyday and most people don't seem to understand the difference between Bitcoin and others. These unregistered crypto exchange and security firms sometimes acts like ponzi schemes that swindle people of their investment thereby giving the crypto industry a bad name. In fact I agree totally with all his points and I am sure if it is applied the Bitcoin industry would be strong and less volatile while other shitcoins would gradually disappear..      

Welcome to the forum.  I doubt that there are any absolutes, and it takes quite a while to really get into learning a lot of the various intricacies of bitcoin, including that the wholes pace and what is happening and what has historically happened to get us to where we are at can feel like a bit of a moving target to try to figure out and to make sure that you are getting bette4r information sources and sorting out some of the misleading information sources and/or their ways of presenting information.  sure critical thinking tends to be a good skill that can be applied in all areas of life, not only bitcoin related matters.

Of course, Saylor is a very articulate and smart person.. even though in bitcoin we try not to worship the ideas of any one person, and he has been speaking out about bitcoin quite eloquently, even though he really has only been involved in bitcoin for about 2 years, but he has done quite a bit on the education about bitcoin front over that time, even some courses that he had in February 2021 that were meant to help teach businesses how to get involved in bitcoin.

.. so hopefully you can continue to study various bitcoin-related matters, figure out if you want to invest into bitcoin and some bitcoin accumulating strategies for yourself in terms of how much you want to invest and how long you might want to accumulate... and even if bitcoin works for you  .and then hopefully learn along the way too. while avoid getting involved in shitcoin which from my perspective tends to be a pretty common newbie distraction and mistake that does not really help their getting understanding of king daddy and the reason that a whole hell of a lot of shitcoins are imitating and copying bitcoin and also building their scams around trying to act as if they provide some kinds of value that plays off of bitcoin's having had provided security for the whole space.

So this list of 10 items does seem to express more concerns about some of the seeming ongoing craziness around various shitcoins and shit projects that end up luring folks into wanting to gamble with either shitcoins or even gamble with their bitcoin..

Don't get me wrong.. I am not opposed to a bit of gambling.. but some of the services in both the bitcoin space and the shitcoin space allow for extremes or even sometimes people end up being their own worst enemies in terms of using those kinds of services in ways to gamble to the extremes too or believe that they are not gambling when they are engaging in pretty shitty risk-management practices.. even really smart people sometimes get lured into some of those products. and I am not sure if all of those behaviors need to be regulated, but there are probably some areas in which improvements can be made.. and probably not everyone agrees with all of Saylor's suggestions, either. which as Op mentioned seems to be part of the purpose of this thread to maybe attempt to figure out how much we may or may not agree with all or some of those Saylor points.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
(PS. Are you sure he said UST and not USDT?)

I had many difficulties understanding the speech word by word, but I am pretty sure he said UST, short for TerraUSD which was supposed to be a stablecoin.
Please, if you find any other errors let me know.

I even do agree with the majority of those.
I happened to have Youtube on autoplay and that video came up, and I ended up listening to it.  I don't agree with the first few of his "pains", in particular that wash trades are allowed and that there are so many unregulated exchanges.  Well, it's a 'sort-of' disagreement on that second one, because I'm not a fan of regulation in general as governments tend to fuck things up more than they actually help markets, and I like the fact that there are so many crypto exchanges.  If they all had to submit to whatever governments would impose on them, I'm sure half the altcoin market wouldn't even be listed on exchanges, and that would be a bad thing IMO.

Mixed feelings about that. I think that for a "short term" return, compatible with his 10years view,  he has to be right. In order to open the floodgates of the fiat money, there must be a clear regulation.
But in the long term, regulation is useless. and bitcoin will ultimately succeed.
It depends on how steep are your time preferences.

By the way, these are the kinds of statements that I think might put Saylor in hot water if his shareholders decide he's made a bad decision by having MSTR invest so heavily in bitcoin.  The SEC might even decide that he's trying to hype up assets that his company owns, to the extent that it runs afoul of what's legal.  I'm just thinking aloud here, but I just get the feeling that he really ought to stay silent about his love of bitcoin for his company's sake, if not his own.

No way Micheal Saylor can be put in hot water by his shareholders when he controls the 74% of the voting power.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
To be fair before 2022 people did think that they had a stable coin but now they are most probably going to evaluate and use the government owned coins in the market since they would have better results in the domestic approach, even though they are not a crypto, they can have benefits in case of trading and would be supported by the governments alike.

Other than that I think the reason we need a stable coin is for trading and regulations might not be the answer everywhere, all the unregulated sites might be doing alright because the individual sites have to pay loads of fee for their license and thus it can be bad for some of the people running these sites.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
I happened to have Youtube on autoplay and that video came up, and I ended up listening to it.  I don't agree with the first few of his "pains", in particular that wash trades are allowed and that there are so many unregulated exchanges.  Well, it's a 'sort-of' disagreement on that second one, because I'm not a fan of regulation in general as governments tend to fuck things up more than they actually help markets, and I like the fact that there are so many crypto exchanges.  If they all had to submit to whatever governments would impose on them, I'm sure half the altcoin market wouldn't even be listed on exchanges, and that would be a bad thing IMO.

By the way, these are the kinds of statements that I think might put Saylor in hot water if his shareholders decide he's made a bad decision by having MSTR invest so heavily in bitcoin.  The SEC might even decide that he's trying to hype up assets that his company owns, to the extent that it runs afoul of what's legal.  I'm just thinking aloud here, but I just get the feeling that he really ought to stay silent about his love of bitcoin for his company's sake, if not his own.
Activity: 686
Merit: 987
Give all before death
I am a new investor in Bitcoin. I entered the market before this bearish period and it has made me to study about the causes of this downward movement of Bitcoin and the solution to this problem. Micheal Salyor decalogue is the summary of all I have learnt or studied. As much as Bitcoin promotes freedom and decentralization but there must be a trade rule. People should not take advantage of the freedom it offers to harvest gains to the detriment of the market. There should be an entry and exit rule. So many shitcoins are being founded everyday and most people don't seem to understand the difference between Bitcoin and others. These unregistered crypto exchange and security firms sometimes acts like ponzi schemes that swindle people of their investment thereby giving the crypto industry a bad name. In fact I agree totally with all his points and I am sure if it is applied the Bitcoin industry would be strong and less volatile while other shitcoins would gradually disappear..      
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
These problems are not new (PS. Are you sure he said UST and not USDT?), just most don't speak up - I guess that they prefer to see Bitcoin market in a "wild wild west" status. Actually he was rather silent too until he has filled his "pockets" with bitcoin  Cheesy
However, he's right. And the more big names speak up, the more chance we'll get there too... eventually.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
I saw Micheal Saylor discussing Bitcoin Strategy with Emily Chang:

MicroStrategy's Unrelenting Bitcoin Bet

At one point he hints at something causing him pain, Emily Change ignores and asks a question about Bitcoin and monetary policies and BAM! Saylor starts on autodrive enumerating the things he thinks are needed for Bitcoin to evolve from a 1 trillion industry to a 10 trillion industry:

Mark 4:18
MS:  it's in the near term Emily and it is like a high beta risk asset and there's no denying that over the long-term we believe it's a low-risk store of value asset. There are about 10 things that have to happen over the next decade to make it a better asset and we can know what those 10 things are. So we're waiting and biding your time and we think that is going to improve as an asset class over time and will not hurry.

EC: So what you see in the, let's take his ten years horizon, for example, we've seen what the fed is doing with great hikes there's all of this concerned we are heading into a recession whether it's a capital  “R” or lowercase “r” recession, what do you see on the road ahead and how is that impacting your strategy to just buy more and hold.

Then he goes with the decalogue:

Mark 5:22

Let’s just take the 10 sources of my pain:

• so there's no wash trading rule. So people can sell their Bitcoin and buy it back and harvest tax gain and that's not the same with Apple.So that gets fixed by the house ways and means committee that's a big plus for the asset
  • there's  521 unregistered crypto exchanges offering 20x leverage. That’s a negative for the asset class. As they get regulated and I expect they will and as the 20x leverage disappears, that will be positive.
  • There are 19,000 unregistered securities in the crypto industry cross-collateralized to get bitcoin. As those things have to get eliminated, or they have to convert a mental publicly traded instruments, that got a decreased volatility and it will be a big shakeout.
  • The wildcat banks like you know the TERRA’s and LUNA’s and CELSIUS, they actually create massive volatility and as they get regulated and they disappear and they grow up and become institutionalised banks, the asset class will mature.
  • There's a lot of ignorance and fear. People think that crypto is the same as bitcoin. If they think that then, I mean, they don’t understand either of those two things.
  • We don't have a stablecoin, Emily like, UST isn’t a stablecoin, Tether is an opaque security no one understands. If we ever have an FDIC-issued stablecoin, or something from a public entity that’s endorsed by the SEC, that's going to be very bullish for the industry.
  • There is no spot ETF, I think it's only a matter of time before there is one approved. That will be very bullish for the industry.
  • The FAS accounting is detrimental for the lack of FDIC guidance makes it difficult, if not impossible for banks, to hold the stuff, we're waiting for clear SEC-CFTC guidance.

Those 10 things are going to get cured over the next decade they're just not get cured in the next 10 weeks.

Wow!
This is very interesting.
Even if I am sure he's still short of two full points, and I missed some sentences and misspelt a few words I think the message is very clear.

I later found another video where he explains more extensively the decalogue:

Navigating the Storm - Michael Saylor - Sven Henrich - Bitcoin

The explanation is very extensive, so Im'm reporting here only the decalogue:

• No wash Trade.
  • Unregulated Crypto Exchanges
  • Unregistred Crypto Securities
  • Wildcats Banks
  • Ignorance
  • Lack of a Stablecoin
  • No Spot ETF
  • Accounting Regulation
  • No Use Case

Also here, there's a missing reason.

Lots of the details in the videos I highly recommend everyone to look at.

Micheal Saylor thinks those are the milestones of Bitcoin as an asset class, everyone has to cooperate to get those removed, and empower bitcoin as an ultimate asset class.

Pages:
Jump to: