Pages:
Author

Topic: MicroCash. Now in Alpha 2 release. discussion - page 2. (Read 4809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!
If the dev actually had a solution he would describe what's wrong with current scaling attempts and how his design will fix those flaws.

It's all been discussed in the past in other forums :p The old SolidCoin /MicroCash forums are unfortunately no longer accessible.
Jump onto the microcash forums and ask any particular questions, unfortunately don't expect a useful answer here on bitcointalk

The dev is aware of the lack of straight forward information and anything resembling a white paper, and recognises this state as a problem
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
If the dev actually had a solution he would describe what's wrong with current scaling attempts and how his design will fix those flaws.
legendary
"The source will be released publicly the same day the actual currency launches. I would prefer it was open source now but I know from my past experience with things that there will be people who take it before it is ready and claim to be "MicroCash Xtreme" or something like that. I'd prefer that to only happen once it is finalized. Smiley

"Once we are out of ALPHA and in BETA we will be tweaking the core system and magic numbers in the economic code to get it ready for launch. We will also be running a couple tests to prove the efficiency and power of the transaction system. The aim is to break a world record for total transactions per second, or at least beat highest ever Visa volume. "

-Ryler Sturden
https://forums.microcash.org/index.php?threads/what-is-the-benefit-of-investing-soon-into-mc.58/#post-415
legendary
SolidCoin had it's ups and downs, as did MCXNow. As is the case whenever there is a central body making decisions some of those decisions may be unpopular and it's far too easy to sit on yr keyboard and channel psychopathic rage demons when you've lost $$$, generally feel butt-hurt or misunderstood.

It's the "DOWNS" that matter.
Butthurt ? that is a massive insult to people who have been screwed over by RealSolid.. proud of that comment ?

You mis-interpret my comment.
The reality of internet trolling is that 99% of the hate is irrelevant and merely a product of personal discomfort or butt-hurt.
Hopefully everyone who ever been butt-hurt will realise their opinion is insignificant in the greater wonder of life.

As to those who lost $$$, what can I say?
Hopefully everyone who has ever lost or been fucked over in crypto will survive the experience and become a stronger and happier person.

❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️ ❤️ ❤️
Do you need a little love Spoetnik?
❤️ ❤️ ❤️

And I send equal love to everyone
who have ever lost anything ..
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Whether or not anything is a scam seems highly changeable from a bitcointalk perspective. Most people are indifferent as long as they've made their 25c or whatever but the shit hits the fan when they lose money or face.

SolidCoin had it's ups and downs, as did MCXNow. As is the case whenever there is a central body making decisions some of those decisions may be unpopular and it's far too easy to sit on yr keyboard and channel psychopathic rage demons when you've lost $$$, generally feel butt-hurt or misunderstood.

There is centralisation of some sort in practically every single thing you ever do, BTC's fabled consensus shows the impossibility of change when a major party won't play ball. It will be interesting the outcome should the largest miningpools form some sort of decision making body.

In an ideal world RealSolid will have learnt from previous "mistakes" Wink The truth will be in the pudding of future work.

There will be no mining, the final code will be open source.
This thread is really only here to spread the word, for any questions just ask on the forum.
https://forums.microcash.org/

Whether or not anything is a scam seems highly changeable from a bitcointalk perspective.

Uhmm what the fuck does that mean ? LOL

central body making decisions

On a (DECENTRALIZED ?) coin #7,234 from a person with a bad / scammy history ?

Most people are indifferent as long as they've made their 25c

So true.. the losers are responsible for destroying crypto.. cancer to the scene.
Why pander to them or even tolerate them ?
And ya.. you are right, they go into hiding when they end up getting burned.. like RealSolid did (hiding)  Cheesy

It's the "DOWNS" that matter.
Butthurt ? that is a massive insult to people who have been screwed over by RealSolid.. proud of that comment ?

There is centralisation of some sort in practically every single thing you ever do

No one brought this up (made a stink about it yet) and it's rather telling..
That defense retort your reaching for with that line speaks volumes.

In an ideal world RealSolid will have learnt from previous "mistakes" Wink The truth will be in the pudding of future work.

Ya sure.. what did he learn ?
That no matter what he can keep taking other peoples money then wandering off with it with excuses ?
What was the life lesson again ?

Take money then lay low for a while ?
legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024
LOL RealSolid = RealSolidShit
"
Everything he touches turns into rock hard shit.
"

RealSolid is a scammer....nuff said.

@Smoothie

Amazing how the idiots never learn.

Now all we need is an appearance from notyep, FlipPro, Spacy, Ten98.......

It could be 2011 all over again LOL

~BCX~
legendary
A possibly interesting thing to note, is that MicroCash's initial seeding (or distribution) will incorporate activity on the MicroCash forum.

1000 words = 1 MicroCash.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
so this is not minable right? you remove all the fun without mining, i think we need a coin that make mining equal for everyone, with cheap and with expensive electricity

can a coin be made that detect if electricity is cheap and low the reward for that miner only? or i'm talking about fiction here?
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
good concept will follow

-samsunk
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Can't really understand why people think he's a scammer.

I traded on mcxNOW for a while, bought and sold FEEs along with every other coin on the exchange.

When I got the email that I had a month or so to withdraw, that's what I did and I made off clean.

The site and my account were never compromised. It was literally the fastest exchange I've ever traded on.

Coming from a trader's point of view, I think everyone calling RS a "scammer" seem to have bought high and ended up holding the bag.

What I got from the "FEEs are a scam" debate is: You bought FEEs late, the site closing announcement was made and the price tanked.

However, RS is still on IRC, willing to buy your FEEs back from you, but all you can do is cry.

QQ/GG.
legendary
A fairly interesting apparent history of SolidCoin. At the very least it gives a perspective on the early days of shitcoins with SolidCoin released 2011

https://forums.microcash.org/threads/solidcoin-was-first-to-do-proof-of-stake.33/

Interesting how a few things apparently implemented in SolidCoin were novel and some resisted in the early days of clones, but reasonably accepted now.

Proof of Stake, trusted nodes, CPU friendly algo, multiple hard-forks ..
legendary
Activity: 999
LOL  realsolid

awesome
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
LOL RealSolid = RealSolidShit
"
Everything he touches turns into rock hard shit.
"

RealSolid is a scammer....nuff said.
legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

SolidCoin was a very early BitCoin variant designed by RealSolid and released late 2011. It could be considered an early variant of Microcash.

Hmm I see RS' people haven't gotten any more knowledgeable in the last five years.

Solidcoin was not designed nor released by the user Realsolid.

It was designed and released by Coinhunter  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.471183

Until mid 2013 I thought Coinhunter and Realsolid were the same person.

Coinhunter and Realsolid were part of a duo that had a falling out and went separate ways after their failed CryptoXchange tanked.

The crypto universe has changed dramatically since the early days.

This will be interesting to watch unfold.

I have no interest in participating in any manner.

~BCX~

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Whitepaper?

No whitepaper but instructions to buy instead. Really solid.
legendary
where buy ?dev

https://forums.microcash.org/threads/how-to-get-microcash-initial-economic-seeding.27/

1) Buy it with Bitcoin *

Send any amount of Bitcoin to 1DJdbs7fYLjnsYeNNERkCgrfX8vTnpU9R7 and use your MicroCash forum user number found at https://forums.microcash.org/account/ as the identifier (hint: it is in the browser url after your username).
        Example: If you want to buy 1 Bitcoin worth of MicroCash send 1.0000XXXX where XXXX is your member number. If your number is 51 then you would send 1.00000051 . If your number is 97 you would send 1.00000097 . Make sure this is valid, any problems arising from this being incorrect are on your shoulders only.
    * Each Bitcoin spent will buy you the equivalent amount of MicroCash in US Dollars. So if Bitcoin is $500 you get 500 MicroCash.
    * Between the time you place a buy and the MicroCash launch, you will be credited MicroCash at the value of the highest price Bitcoin is in that time period.
        Example: If you sent 1BTC today at a current value of $430 and at launch the Bitcoin price is $200, you will be credited 430 MicroCash at the time of launch. If Bitcoin goes to $2000 you get 2000 MicroCash. Price will be based on average price for the 24 hour period using something like http://www.coindesk.com/price/bitcoin-price-index/
    * The Bitcoin is not refundable unless 60 days have passed since you sent, or if the MicroCash launch is abandoned for some reason, whichever were to come first. No exceptions. So make sure you understand this before sending anything.
    The Bitcoin will be spent supporting the currency, more info on this will be posted later. All spent Bitcoin will be cataloged publicly and certain things voted on. None will be spent until after launch.

2) Community Building *   [this applies to the MicroCash forum https://forums.microcash.org/]

For every 1000 words on this forum. you will get one(1) MicroCash
    For every new person you get to sign up as a forum user, and who makes at least 10 posts, you will get one(1) MicroCash
    For every 1000 words someone you signed up writes, you will 0.5 MicroCash
    All community-based MicroCash creation will be publicly linked to a forum account and visible somewhere on the site before launch.
    Certain jobs that need to be done will have small MicroCash awards roughly relating to the cost it would have been in USD
    All community-based MicroCash creation is public and will be visible forever on the main site and linked to your forum name.

legendary
Activity: 1050
where buy ?dev
legendary
Activity: 1512
Whether or not anything is a scam seems highly changeable from a bitcointalk perspective. Most people are indifferent as long as they've made their 25c or whatever but the shit hits the fan when they lose money or face.

There is centralisation of some sort in practically every single thing you ever do, BTC's fabled consensus shows the impossibility of change when a major party won't play ball. It will be interesting the outcome should the largest miningpools form some sort of decision making body.

This thread is really only here to spread the word, for any questions just ask on the forum.

You are right, as long as people can make some profit they will happy even with a scam. Anyway this isn't an ideal world and RealSolid gained a pretty dubious reputation here, so I doubt that he turned to a saint. Looks more like an attempt to catch up with the latest developments in crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002
Whitepaper?
legendary
February 29, 2016, 10:16:47 PM

Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org