Pages:
Author

Topic: Micronation that uses bitcoin and other cryptocurrency as its national currency. - page 2. (Read 2728 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Let's build a Micro Nation based on Bitcoin with no law but only one rule: Respect

I agree. Thats the golden rule after all basically! If we followed that one rule everything would be fine.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
Let's build a Micro Nation based on Bitcoin with no law but only one rule: Respect

sea steaders are doing this already, and proper sea steaders are just following 'common law'. not the acts of countries around them. the OP needs to learn that his game is not in comparison to micronations at all.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
legendary
if you proclaim sovereignty then you wont recognize another governments laws.!!!!

sorry but you just playing 'house' or 'mummies and daddies' where you proclaim one person as the authority (the parents) and the rest just dance about acting like the kids.. in reality there is no sovereignty claim and we both know it.

come back when you learn the difference between laws and acts and learn how to ignore acts of another government to atleast be your own governing body.  

how do i word it in a way you understand. hmm.. ok states and counties have their own little rules of decency, but they are still part of the countries laws and acts. this does not make a state an independent nation as they are still ruled by the usa.. a nation..

but goodluck with your game of 'mommies and daddies' . all that your rules in your small community amount to is a family chore list, whose taking out the trash, who does the washing up, who cooks.. its not a nation its just family rules.. you are no where near being anything like a seastead. im sorry but you are not

oh yea by the way, america has no sovereignty.. coz you have no queen. thats what makes me laugh even more, you watch british and canadian(which has a queen) youtube video's but not release that america is a different ball game..
Activity: 1246
Merit: 254
Trphy.io

You didn't seem to read the wiki page on what micronations are, otherwise you wouldn't have had to ask any questions to realize that micronations are mostly simulations and are typically done for fun.

I appreciate your comments however! I don't want anyone to think that we are actually attempting to hold true Sov!

seems you didnt read it

Micronations are distinguished from imaginary countries and from other kinds of social groups (such as eco-villages, campuses, tribes, clans, sects, and residential community associations) by expressing a formal and persistent, even if unrecognized, claim of sovereignty over some physical territory.

you are still governed by laws and acts of USA, making you a imaginary country. not a micronation. do not confuse your imaginary country, with the likes of seasteading.. they are on a whole different level both legally and literally..

We still express formal and persistent claim of sovereignty over physical territory. I'm not sure why you are arguing with me about this... We are a micronation weather you like it or not. Also according to the The Montevideo Convention we exceed the minimum requirements to be considered a micronation.
legendary

You didn't seem to read the wiki page on what micronations are, otherwise you wouldn't have had to ask any questions to realize that micronations are mostly simulations and are typically done for fun.

I appreciate your comments however! I don't want anyone to think that we are actually attempting to hold true Sov!

seems you didnt read it

Micronations are distinguished from imaginary countries and from other kinds of social groups (such as eco-villages, campuses, tribes, clans, sects, and residential community associations) by expressing a formal and persistent, even if unrecognized, claim of sovereignty over some physical territory.

you are still governed by laws and acts of USA, making you a imaginary country. not a micronation. do not confuse your imaginary country, with the likes of seasteading.. they are on a whole different level both legally and literally..
Trphy.io

We 100% recognize any 'acts' issued by the US Government. If a member of our nation is given any citation, ticket, or court order it is our recommendation that he obey it. At this point the US Government is leaving us alone and letting us manage our nation, and we wouldn't want to do anything to make them come down on us.

I do think I know the difference between the two

We still pay a tax on any goods purchased within the united states, and we each individually give foreign aid to the united states around April 15 Cheesy

Like I said before we don't want to do anything to attract negative attention from the united states government.

then your not a nation. unlike the amish or native indians that do not have to worry about government acts and have the freedoms as such, you are nothing more then people playing a game. and not a proper nation.. lol

sorry but your a laughing stock and just a dreamer. im sorry but its true. good luck in life but dont think by any means that you are a separate nation. you are purely a separate society..

There is no need to be an asshole about it. Let him have his fun and dont be a douchebag.

Thanks! I just came here to talk a bit about a hobby a few my friends and I have. Figured that maybe some of the people on this forum would find the idea of a "National" currency being bitcoin kind of interesting.

And it is pretty col and i've been doing some googling. But there are some people here act like they just got buttfucked and are shitty so dont listen to them.

I really appreciate that! I'm glad you think micronations are cool, and are interested in them! You should read up on Sealand those guys are pretty hardcore and actually live offshore on an old oil rig.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

We 100% recognize any 'acts' issued by the US Government. If a member of our nation is given any citation, ticket, or court order it is our recommendation that he obey it. At this point the US Government is leaving us alone and letting us manage our nation, and we wouldn't want to do anything to make them come down on us.

We still pay a tax on any goods purchased within the united states, and we each individually give foreign aid to the united states around April 15 Cheesy

Like I said before we don't want to do anything to attract negative attention from the united states government.

then your not a nation. unlike the amish or native indians that do not have to worry about government acts and have the freedoms as such, you are nothing more then people playing a game. and not a proper nation.. lol

sorry but your a laughing stock and just a dreamer. im sorry but its true. good luck in life but dont think by any means that you are a separate nation. you are purely a separate society..

There is no need to be an asshole about it. Let him have his fun and dont be a douchebag.

I flavor a for-funsies nation over a douchy nation any day of the week. (I meant favor)

Thanks! I just came here to talk a bit about a hobby a few my friends and I have. Figured that maybe some of the people on this forum would find the idea of a "National" currency being bitcoin kind of interesting.

And it is pretty col and i've been doing some googling. But there are some people here act like they just got buttfucked and are shitty so dont listen to them.
Trphy.io

Trphy.io

legendary

Trphy.io

This is sort of correct. If you read the wiki page that I posted (Which I'm sure you did) you would know that most micronations exist as either a webiste or as small unrecognized areas of land that are sovereign to larger countries. In our cause we lay claim to a small area of our lake.

We do not have any membership fees however and we don't really charge our citizens for anything. As a matter of fact we pay them for being citizens. (Very small payments) All of our citizens are my close personal friends and family who originally joined the micronation when it was founded, by the original governor.

We exist mostly outside of the computer world to be honest, operating as if we held true sovereignty while still respecting the laws of the United States of America.

If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them!

1. if you are fully independent from government benefits (social security payments, social housing, etc) do you atleast try to stay away from forming contracts with governments 'acts' and only obey the laws. put simply do you avoid recognition of parking /speeding tickets and any court orders that are not concerning injury/loss by another human.

2. do you know the difference between legal and law

3. do you still pay state/government tax? and not have worries of government response

legendary

This is sort of correct. If you read the wiki page that I posted (Which I'm sure you did) you would know that most micronations exist as either a webiste or as small unrecognized areas of land that are sovereign to larger countries. In our cause we lay claim to a small area of our lake.

We do not have any membership fees however and we don't really charge our citizens for anything. As a matter of fact we pay them for being citizens. (Very small payments) All of our citizens are my close personal friends and family who originally joined the micronation when it was founded, by the original governor.

We exist mostly outside of the computer world to be honest, operating as if we held true sovereignty while still respecting the laws of the United States of America.

1. if you are fully independent from government benefits (social security payments, social housing, etc) do you atleast try to stay away from forming contracts with governments 'acts' and only obey the laws. put simply do you avoid recognition of parking /speeding tickets and any court orders that are not concerning injury/loss by another human.

2. do you know the difference between legal and law

3. do you still pay state/government tax? and not have worries of government response
Trphy.io
i hope people realise that this is not about the real world/land nation.. but someone website being the nation.. trust me the USA wont just hand part of new jersey to 7 people and let them form an actual country that is outside the jurisdictions of U.S law.

they are only recognized by another internet nation aerica (which itself is not a piece of land outside government jurisdiction) it is another imaginary empire based on starfleet (star trek federation of planets).

one thing that is missing in navsmaris and aerica, is an actual land base governed by the micronation and no other government. after all starfleets base is san fransisco and they own and govern the land(well inside the tc show it dos, but not in reality.. but even so its not just about membership its about government and rules).

so this micronation thing is not based on making real world change of real world governments. its simply web based memberships. where people still need to follow the laws of the land,no matter if they are a member of this web based nation.

im smelling a 'finshaggy' uptopia here... this is no different then the bitcoin foundation where there are members and ofcourse membership fee's but the individuals still have to obide by the laws of their countries government. which means the foundation / micronation, has no governing powers in the real material world that we walk every day.

in short its world of war craft. when a member you have to follow th game rules but that does not affect any laws of the real world. its just inside the computer world

legendary
i hope people realise that this is not about the real world/land nation.. but someone website being the nation.. trust me the USA wont just hand part of new jersey to 7 people and let them form an actual country that is outside the jurisdictions of U.S law.

they are only recognized by another internet nation aerica (which itself is not a piece of land outside government jurisdiction) it is another imaginary empire based on starfleet (star trek federation of planets).

one thing that is missing in navsmaris and aerica, is an actual land base governed by the micronation and no other government. after all starfleets base is san fransisco and they own and govern the land(well inside the tc show it dos, but not in reality.. but even so its not just about membership its about government and rules).

so this micronation thing is not based on making real world change of real world governments. its simply web based memberships. where people still need to follow the laws of the land,no matter if they are a member of this web based nation.

im smelling a 'finshaggy' uptopia here... this is no different then the bitcoin foundation where there are members and ofcourse membership fee's but the individuals still have to obide by the laws of their countries government. which means the foundation / micronation, has no governing powers in the real material world that we walk every day.

in short its world of war craft. when a member you have to follow th game rules but that does not affect any laws of the real world. its just inside the computer world
Trphy.io
I will join your nation if you can successfully conduct a political coup in Sparta, NJ, then take a page from The Conch Republic playbook http://www.conchrepublic.com/republic_position.htm

secede, declare war, surrender, then demand foreign aid from the US.

Your motto can be, "Tonight we dine in Sussex County!"

Ha ha! I doubt very seriously that they would even notice us if we did that. We are a micronation and we would like to stay that way, the gray area that we lay in is pretty comfortable for our current size. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
I will join your nation if you can successfully conduct a political coup in Sparta, NJ, then take a page from The Conch Republic playbook http://www.conchrepublic.com/republic_position.htm

secede, declare war, surrender, then demand foreign aid from the US.

Your motto can be, "Tonight we dine in Sussex County!"
Trphy.io
I wonder why you didnt tell the name from the beginning.

http://navismaris.webs.com/

I forgot to put our website in the original post! I fixed it thanks for the reminder!
Pages:
Jump to: