Pages:
Author

Topic: MinePeon BeagleBone Black Alpha - page 2. (Read 11801 times)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
July 10, 2014, 09:50:33 PM
Would the revision of the BBB make a diff?
Mine is a revision C.
I don't understand why the other OS' and the previous version of minepeon, which I've re-burned on to three diff. SD cards, are able to boot up with the User/boot button.

It shouldent.

Just to make sure... you have a moinitor or a serial cabvle pluged in and there is ABSOLUTLY NOTHING on the screen?

It seems to indicate some sort of hardware failure ... but it works with another OS image is on the same SD card..

Neil

P.S. There is another image up there now.. same thing with last nights minor improvements.

Hi Neil.
Yup, with a monitor. 
I'll try the new image. I only SSH in once I know it's working & booted the first few times, then I let my wife have her monitor back.  eh-eh. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
July 10, 2014, 09:01:42 PM
Would the revision of rhe BBB make a diff?
Mine is a revision C.
I don't understand why the other OS' and the previous version of minepeon, which I've re-burned on to three diff. SD cards, are able to boot up with the User/boot button.

It shouldent.

Just to make sure... you have a moinitor or a serial cabvle pluged in and there is ABSOLUTLY NOTHING on the screen?

It seems to indicate some sort of hardware failure ... but it works with another OS image is on the same SD card..

Neil

P.S. There is another image up there now.. same thing with last nights minor improvements.
July 10, 2014, 07:27:09 PM
Nothing at all. If I remove either of the two SD cards I put the image onto the BBB doesn't do anything. 

Wired...  nothing at all?  Not even a message that its not going to do anything?

I just put it onto a card and poped it into a BBB and bang, it boots.  This need further investigation.

Neil

Would the revision of rhe BBB make a diff?
Mine is a revision C.
legendary
July 10, 2014, 01:53:07 AM
Nothing at all. If I remove either of the two SD cards I put the image onto the BBB doesn't do anything. 

Wired...  nothing at all?  Not even a message that its not going to do anything?

I just put it onto a card and poped it into a BBB and bang, it boots.  This need further investigation.

Neil
July 09, 2014, 10:38:15 PM
Sad

Bad mews.
I can't even get the BBB to boot from a newly opened SD card with the Alpha alpha version of Minepeon now after writing the image to the SD card.  
I tried another SD card & still a no go.  The BBB won't see it.
I can, however boot from the previous 2.4.6 Alpha image.  Just to test the new SD card I burned the prev. 2.4.6 Alpha on to it & the BBB boots from it when i hold down the USER/BOOT button in all instances, as one would when wanting to boot from the SD card (which sucks!!!!).

Hmmmm, I am away from my BBB so I cannot test right now.  

Does anything come up on the console?  (i.e. serial cable or monitor plugged in)

Neil

Nothing at all. If I remove either of the two SD cards I put the image onto the BBB doesn't do anything.  If I power it down & backup with any other SD card regardless of what OS I have on them, including the previous 2.4.6 Alpha image, the BBB boots up fine.
The BBB will even boot up with nothing in the SD card into the preloaded & built-in Debian OS with no problem.
Hmmm.

-- Suzukii.
legendary
July 09, 2014, 09:19:21 PM
Sad

Bad mews.
I can't even get the BBB to boot from a newly opened SD card with the Alpha alpha version of Minepeon now after writing the image to the SD card. 
I tried another SD card & still a no go.  The BBB won't see it.
I can, however boot from the previous 2.4.6 Alpha image.  Just to test the new SD card I burned the prev. 2.4.6 Alpha on to it & the BBB boots from it when i hold down the USER/BOOT button in all instances, as one would when wanting to boot from the SD card (which sucks!!!!).

Hmmmm, I am away from my BBB so I cannot test right now.   

Does anything come up on the console?  (i.e. serial cable or monitor plugged in)

Neil
July 09, 2014, 08:56:29 PM
 Sad

Bad mews.
I tried another SD card & still a no go.  The BBB won't see it.
I can, however boot from the previous 2.4.6 Alpha image.  Just to test the new SD card I burned the prev. 2.4.6 Alpha on to it & the BBB boots from it when i hold down the USER/BOOT button in all instances, as one would when wanting to boot from the SD card (which sucks!!!!).
legendary
July 09, 2014, 08:02:55 PM
Kewlz.  Cool Just got home & to my surprise (cracked a smile) I read the email & am now D/Ling it now.

Tell me how you get on.   This image was just spat out of the build system.

What do you think of the size by the way?  And yep, everything is still on there.

Neil
July 09, 2014, 07:53:16 PM
Kewlz.  Cool Just got home & to my surprise (cracked a smile) I read the email & am now D/Ling it now.
legendary
July 09, 2014, 07:28:59 PM
The only thing I hate is that I can't burn the Minepeon image onto the BBB's EMMC.

I hear you.  EMMC Burning is very much at the top of the list with the new build process.  Getting the thing to work reliably though supersedes EMMC though (not much point in putting an nonworking image on the EMMC after all).

I will make a few scripts tonight and test some stuff.  Last thing I want to do is dork your BBB Wink .

Neil
legendary
July 09, 2014, 07:22:26 PM
OK, this is bleeding edge stuff, but the lates build just finished uploading.  If you go to;-

http://minepeon.com/img/testing/

You should see a gzip'ed time stamped image that came directly out of the "make bbb" of the new build system.

It has the latest miner versions etc but it is not totally complete so a few (non mining related) things don't work.  If some of the brave people can download it and see how it runs that would be great.  Remember, this is a test alpha image, feedback would be great.

Neil
July 08, 2014, 05:30:54 PM
Bump.  Any progress?  ...at least got to play with some firewerx???

If you want I will try to bump out an image tonight.  I will keep it only here and it is an alpha alpha and some things don't work (it mines great though).

Neil

Sure. I'll byte.
I'm currently Gridseed G-blade mining for LiteCoin successfully with 7 of them on my raspberry pi, problem free, for about 1 week now. But I'd love to be able to do this on the BBB.

The only thing I hate is that I can't burn the Minepeon image onto the BBB's EMMC.
I tried following the procedure they list on the BBB Website for copying other OS' over to EMMC & for some reason it only takes part of the Minepeon Alpha image.
After the BBB seems like it has completed the copying image over to EMMC process, the BBB's LED's stop flashing (this takes about 40 minutes), then the BBB starts the boot process, shows part of the Minepeon bootup screen, stops, & then continues to boot the built-in Debian OS instead.
legendary
July 08, 2014, 04:40:10 PM
Bump.  Any progress?  ...at least got to play with some firewerx???

If you want I will try to bump out an image tonight.  I will keep it only here and it is an alpha alpha and some things don't work (it mines great though).

Neil
July 06, 2014, 08:39:35 PM
Hi Mineforeman.

Can you tell me why I get this error from the Minepeon "f" option in the 0.2.4.6 Alpha version?  I'm trying to get this working with my two Gridseed G-blades until you can release the next phase.

Thanks?

It was only a alpha test and I did not connect it up to an actual repo.  I intended to fix that today but I plugged in my SD card reader and *poof* the magic smoke came out!

Looks like both SD card, Reader and port are gonners....  I have been hitting them quite hard recently.  I will pop into town and get some parts Wink

Neil

Hi MineForeman.
How's it going?  You get these replaced yet?

Anxiously awaiting the Beaglebone Black version update.

Bump.  Any progress?  ...at least got to play with some firewerx???
July 02, 2014, 12:28:40 PM
Hi Mineforeman.

Can you tell me why I get this error from the Minepeon "f" option in the 0.2.4.6 Alpha version?  I'm trying to get this working with my two Gridseed G-blades until you can release the next phase.

Thanks?

It was only a alpha test and I did not connect it up to an actual repo.  I intended to fix that today but I plugged in my SD card reader and *poof* the magic smoke came out!

Looks like both SD card, Reader and port are gonners....  I have been hitting them quite hard recently.  I will pop into town and get some parts Wink

Neil

Hi MineForeman.
How's it going?  You get these replaced yet?

Anxiously awaiting the Beaglebone Black version update.
June 27, 2014, 09:42:49 PM
Hi Mineforeman.

Thanks?

Neil

Wow.  Too bad.  This sux for us both.  Read my PM to ya.
legendary
June 27, 2014, 09:36:33 PM
Hi Mineforeman.

Thanks?

Neil
June 26, 2014, 09:57:38 PM
Hi Neil. I noticed that posting queries on that forum gets me no responses. Either very few people are attempting to use the BeagleBoneBlack of aren't interested in the questions.

Apologias, I will try to be more attentive.

I will do an update this weekend so you can just pull the newer versions of the miners.  I still have a bit of a way to go with 0.3.0.

Neil

Hi Mineforeman.

Thanks?
June 26, 2014, 06:01:30 PM
Hi Neil. I noticed that posting queries on that forum gets me no responses. Either very few people are attempting to use the BeagleBoneBlack of aren't interested in the questions.

I will do an update this weekend so you can just pull the newer versions of the miners.  I still have a bit of a way to go with 0.3.0.

Neil

Kewl beans.
legendary
June 26, 2014, 05:53:35 PM

Neil
Pages:
Jump to: