Pages:
Author

Topic: MinePeon BeagleBone Black Alpha - page 3. (Read 11801 times)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
June 26, 2014, 12:31:49 PM
Hell-oooo. Anyone there?  Any help on the above?  Thanks?

Sorry, been "head down bum up" working on 0.3.0 and a few other things.  Yep, you need top upgrade bfgminer, if you look on the official forums there is plenty of help there;-

http://minepeon.com/forums/

Neil

Hi Neil. I noticed that posting queries on that forum gets me no responses. Either very few people are attempting to use Minepeon on the BeagleBone Black rev. C or they just aren't interested in the questions.

Anywhoo, sorry to keep irritating you with all the work you have in front of ya.
I have three questions:

(1) I searched on the forum but couldn't find anything pertaining to BFgminer updating process in Minepeon/Arch linux,'s text user interface. All I found was the following:
"CD /opt/Minepeon/", then "git pull".
Is that the command that should update the bfgminer along with others wares that might be outdated?
If so, this doesn't work for me now after I ran this same command the first time a few days ago before I realized that bfgminer may need to be updated.  I know this command works on the Minepeon version running on my Raspberry Pi model B. Maybe my Alpha version broke during the first & last got pull on the Beaglebone Black Rev C.?

(2) When I get home should I even reburn the image onto a new SD card, start over & see if I can do a git pull with a fresh copy?

(3) I noticed that when I change from bfgminer to cgminer or vice versa on the BBB Minepeon Alpha version I lose my pool settings. Is this supposed to happen?

Any other suggestions?  Thanks.
June 25, 2014, 09:09:11 PM
Hell-oooo. Anyone there?  Any help on the above?  Thanks?

Sorry, been "head down bum up" working on 0.3.0 and a few other things.  Yep, you need top upgrade bfgminer, if you look on the official forums there is plenty of help there;-

Neil

I hear ya.
I'm learning to be a father myself. Between a puking 1 year old & violent poo adventures & a 12-14hour job it leaves little time for anything else.

Anywhoo,
I searched on the minepeon forum & all I found was cryptic stuff that I couldn't decipher.
I'm not Linux savvy. I tried the, pacman -Syu, & git pull commands that I can successfully execute on my Raspberry Pi running Minepeon don't work on the BBB.

I'll check again.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
June 25, 2014, 08:56:23 PM
Hell-oooo. Anyone there?  Any help on the above?  Thanks?

Sorry, been "head down bum up" working on 0.3.0 and a few other things.  Yep, you need top upgrade bfgminer, if you look on the official forums there is plenty of help there;-

Neil
June 25, 2014, 07:13:57 PM
Hi Neil.

Thanks for your previous responses. They helped.

Well, I got my newly received Beaglebone Black Rev. C to boot from the SD card.  
Minepeon 0.2.4.6Alpha is configured with the same pools I run with the Raspberry Pi version of Minepeon.  
The two Gridseeds G-blades I have aren't mining.  I know there's something else but I can't figure it out.  Is there something I have to add to the /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf I have to add or change?  
If so, what would that be?  

Does the BFGminer have to be upgraded to the 4.x versions that state they are Gridseed compatible?  If so, what is the command line syntax for that?  I'm not good with linux command line unless being handheld.

Thanks.

Suzukii

Hell-oooo. Anyone there?  Any help on the above?  Thanks?
June 24, 2014, 11:09:31 PM
Hi Neil.

Thanks for your previous responses. They helped.

Well, I got my newly received Beaglebone Black Rev. C to boot from the SD card.  
Minepeon 0.2.4.6Alpha is configured with the same pools I run with the Raspberry Pi version of Minepeon.  
The two Gridseeds G-blades I have aren't mining.  I know there's something else but I can't figure it out.  Is there something I have to add to the /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf I have to add or change?  
If so, what would that be?  

Does the BFGminer have to be upgraded to the 4.x versions that state they are Gridseed compatible?  If so, what is the command line syntax for that?  I'm not good with linux command line unless being handheld.

Thanks.

Suzukii
legendary
June 24, 2014, 06:17:16 PM
With the newly flashed minepeon image burned on to the SD card I wonder if I have to hold down the user boot button, (the one next to the larger USB port), until just two of the blue LEDs light up. This is going to suck if this the case. This will prove to be too tedious for me.

You only have to hold the boot button if your using a VERY OLD version of the BBB software.  Go to their website and download the latest just in case.

Neil
June 24, 2014, 12:12:17 PM
With the newly flashed minepeon image burned on to the SD card I wonder if I have to hold down the user boot button, (the one next to the larger USB port), until just two of the blue LEDs light up. This is going to suck if this the case. This will prove to be too tedious for me.
June 24, 2014, 06:44:15 AM
Actually, that's exactly what I got with the Beaglebone Black kit that I purchased, a 5V, 2.1, 10W power supply.
legendary
June 24, 2014, 12:55:24 AM
Hi MineForeman (Neil).

I just received my new BBB Rev. C.  I've burned the new minepeon for BBB image on to two new SD cards.  My BBB will not boot from the SD cards.  But if I allow it to boot after pulling the SD cards all is ok.  Could the image be corrupted or sumtin?
H-E-L-P???  Sad

One thing I have noticed with the BBB is that the USB power port does not supply enough power.  Scratch around and see if you can find a 5v power supply for it and see if it makes a difference (I use an old 5v 2.1 amp power supply that came with a USB hub).

Neil
June 23, 2014, 09:19:36 PM
Hi MineForeman (Neil).

I just received my new BBB Rev. C.  I've burned the new minepeon for BBB image on to two new SD cards.  My BBB will not boot from the SD cards.  But if I allow it to boot after pulling the SD cards all is ok.  Could the image be corrupted or sumtin?
H-E-L-P???  Sad
June 22, 2014, 12:38:19 AM
Sorry, not dead, I have just been overloaded.

I am gearing up for the 0.3.0 releases and that is taking most of my time.  You are right though the BBB blows away the Pi in just about every category (if not every).  The next realises are a large overhaul, sorry I am not working quicker, I still need my real job so I can eat Wink .

Neil

Woo-hoo!!!! 0.3.0 coming to a BBB near U!!!
Go neil, Go Neil, Go Neil... (Y'all get the drift)
June 18, 2014, 08:07:45 PM

I am gearing up for the 0.3.0 releases and that is taking most of my time.  You are right though the BBB blows away the Pi in just about every category (if not every).  The next realises are a large overhaul, sorry I am not working quicker, I still need my real job so I can eat Wink .

Hi ya. Thanks for the response. I just ordered the BBB rev. C based on your response. They should be paying you for helping sell their product.
I'm actually looking to jump off of the RPI because I am having problems with my 2 gridseed g-blade miners on the RPi using Scrypta, Starminer, Raspbian with CG miner. If I get the BBB before you come out with your updated release I'll just use the alpha version you have out there.  Crossing my fingers.  Cry

Neil

Thanks.
legendary
June 18, 2014, 07:49:06 PM

I am gearing up for the 0.3.0 releases and that is taking most of my time.  You are right though the BBB blows away the Pi in just about every category (if not every).  The next realises are a large overhaul, sorry I am not working quicker, I still need my real job so I can eat Wink .

Neil
June 18, 2014, 03:12:00 PM
Is thread dead?
June 18, 2014, 09:16:58 AM
Hi there MineForeman.
Any updates on this that would take this out of the Alpha stage for the BeagleBone black or am I just not up to date? I'm looking to buy a BeagleBone Black rev. C since I'm not happy with the Raspberry Pi (rev B) SOC.  
However, I love the Minepeon os compilation you put out but on the RPi I feel it could be better & hoping this is the case on the BeagleBone black.
Does it work with the GridSeed G-blades as of yet?
This last question also includes the Minepoeon OS on the RPi platform.
Thanks.

As always I'm a donator via my RPi (when it's not freezing up).
legendary
April 02, 2014, 04:22:35 PM
Any reason we shouldn't flash this to the emmc?

None whatsoever (In theory).  It is just I have not tested it all that well.

The theory is if you lean out the partitions on the MMC (/dev/mmcblk1p1 and /dev/mmcblk1p2) and then copy the contents on from the SD card (/dev/mmcblk0p1 /dev/mmcblk0p2), pull the SD card out and boot you are done!

There are a few gotcha's to do with uBoot though but I am working through those to get it 100%.  Once I have done that I will add it to the menu and you will be able to automate it.

Neil
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
April 02, 2014, 08:21:01 AM
Any reason we shouldn't flash this to the emmc?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
April 01, 2014, 04:49:54 AM
After using the beagle bone, you realize just how slow the raspberry pi is... this thing blazes through the updates!

Black Alpha has been running stable for the past 2 days!

Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
March 25, 2014, 05:47:21 PM
Goign to see how long it stays stable.  Running the CGminer Gridseed build for scrypt only.  It would lock up after 5 minutes or so on my PI.

I've had better luck with bfgminer controlling Gridseeds...4+ days so far on a Raspberry Pi that also runs Bitfury & BFL mining gear (one process each for SHA-256 & scrypt mining).  You'll probably need to make sure your whole system is up to date before you build it:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Activity: 486
Merit: 262
rm -rf stupidity
March 25, 2014, 03:58:16 PM
Awesome.  I had a Pi running it with just a Wheezy build so ready for each way with MinePeon! Wink
Pages:
Jump to: