Pages:
Author

Topic: Miners Boycot Ghash.io ! - page 2. (Read 3957 times)

Activity: 447
Merit: 250
January 19, 2014, 03:51:54 AM
Why don't we just petition cex.io to split ghah.io into two separate pools?  Would that not solve the problem?

There no problem, 55% of what is reported as Ghash.io is not their hardware, but individual miners pointing their hardware to ghash. So they only have about 17% hashing power
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Zazzles, cuz, well you know, he's Zazzy...
January 16, 2014, 11:07:45 AM
Wow! Where did this come from?
https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs
Stopped mining btc a long time ago, when slush was like 20 to 30% of the pie.

Why the sudden growth?

EDIT: 0 fees? like - even no withdraw fees?

No, there is always a withdraw fee, that's the bitcoin network, not cex.io

The 0% fees is that they do not take percentage fee for you mining at their pool like other pools do, they do charge a very very small amount like 0.00000700 per block for upkeep though.

~Foyz
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
January 16, 2014, 08:22:32 AM
Wow! Where did this come from?
https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs
Stopped mining btc a long time ago, when slush was like 20 to 30% of the pie.

Why the sudden growth?

EDIT: 0 fees? like - even no withdraw fees?
January 16, 2014, 08:14:07 AM
The reason ghash.io is so popular is because it's a damn good pool. I don't even have any GHS on cex.io, but instead of everyone whining about cex.io, let's all make an initiative to match or beat ghash. That's all it takes. I mean, come on, cex has:

-Merged mining (NMC, IXC, DVC)
-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.

Lets just assume they won't do 51% attack, problem solved Smiley

Sound like a plan?

https://ghash.io/ghashio_press_release.pdf

i wouldnt just sleep on that ...

Like I said, the reason people stay there is because it is quite convenient and as someone else pointed out, 0 fees.

I don't intend to sleep on it, as it would be silly to just take someones word for it, so I plan to move on if it doesn't fit my end goal anymore.

It's all well and good asking people to move from there. How about setting up a similar pool and exchange platform in direct competition, I'd be more than happy to help set it up? I have a web hosting company based in the UK and software development studio at my disposal.

With the success of cex.io it wouldn't be hard to get miners on board.

~Foyz
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
January 15, 2014, 08:10:11 PM
The reason ghash.io is so popular is because it's a damn good pool. I don't even have any GHS on cex.io, but instead of everyone whining about cex.io, let's all make an initiative to match or beat ghash. That's all it takes. I mean, come on, cex has:

-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.

Sound like a plan?

i wouldnt just sleep on that ...
January 15, 2014, 10:22:50 AM

-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.

Sound like a plan?

Activity: 392
January 15, 2014, 10:09:00 AM

-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.

January 15, 2014, 07:47:28 AM
for me it is the single reason for staying with cexio and that's the equipment being maintained by them, buying equipment is very expensive now and you don't see an ROI for a long time, by which time the difficulty is always increasing.

Are you saying that if you use equipment maintained by them, the difficulty rise wont affect you?

I dont understand on what basis do people buy GH/s on cex.io. 1 GH/s bought today at cex.io will make a total of ~0.01 BTC in its lifetime (assuming 30% difficulty jumps) and from mid may will actually start costing more in maintenance fee than it would mine.

I have a feeling that they artificially inflate prices to make people think that their GH/s is actually worth something. One day when people get better at math, it'll come crashing down. Hope you aren't still holding your GH/s on that day.

First of all, it depends in what way you take to profit using cexio\ghashio - I get the feeling a lot of people don't quite understand the concept.

There are 3 ways you do this.

1. Buy gig and sell gig, just as you would buy and sell coins on an exchange.
2. Buy gig and use that to mine.
3. Do both

With number 1. the price is determined by what someone is willing to pay for a gig, exactly the same as what influences the price of a bitcoin. It has nothing to do with mining or difficulty.

I am already ahead of my initial outlay, and I've only been doing this for 2 months now, but since this whole experience moves ever so fast, I am keeping a close eye on the profit drop per block on a daily basis.

~Foyz

Activity: 322
Supersonic
January 15, 2014, 02:03:06 AM
for me it is the single reason for staying with cexio and that's the equipment being maintained by them, buying equipment is very expensive now and you don't see an ROI for a long time, by which time the difficulty is always increasing.

Are you saying that if you use equipment maintained by them, the difficulty rise wont affect you?

I dont understand on what basis do people buy GH/s on cex.io. 1 GH/s bought today at cex.io will make a total of ~0.01 BTC in its lifetime (assuming 30% difficulty jumps) and from mid may will actually start costing more in maintenance fee than it would mine.

I have a feeling that they artificially inflate prices to make people think that their GH/s is actually worth something. One day when people get better at math, it'll come crashing down. Hope you aren't still holding your GH/s on that day.

Activity: 84
January 15, 2014, 01:25:39 AM
I've been using the Eclipse Mining Consortium for a while now and have no complaints.
Activity: 280
January 14, 2014, 11:28:10 PM
Move your miners to other pools than ghash.io , or we will go downhill !
Ghash is abt to get 51% of the network!

More details here:
http://bitcoinboard.net/miners-boycot-ghash-io-as-the-pool-approaches-51-of-network-hashrate/

+1 don't use BTCguild too. try other small pools.I use bitminter
January 14, 2014, 10:30:04 PM

-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.

I agree, someone should create a better pool. The tie in with the GHS trading platform is a stroke of genius though and shouldn't be dismissed, and I would love to see a similar setup either state side or in the UK!!

It's definitely needed!!

~Foyz
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
January 14, 2014, 09:57:05 PM

-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.
January 14, 2014, 09:21:31 PM
GHS prices have been going up lately. Maybe cex themselves are trying to regulate it? We all know they have been manipulating the prices. Why the sudden up trend after months of down trend? Difficulty going up, btc price going up, GHS price should be going DOWN, not up. Makes no sense.

Prices on cexio may be manipulated, I don't know about that, don't know anything about its origins...

There is a valid reason why the gig price on cexio is going up in spite of the difficulty increase, and that is simple exchange economics, which has no baring on mining and its difficulty at all.

A commodity, be it the bitcoin itself or the gig being traded, is only worth the maximum someone is willing to pay for it.

~Foyz
January 14, 2014, 09:14:36 PM
Move your miners to other pools than ghash.io , or we will go downhill !
Ghash is abt to get 51% of the network!

More details here:
http://bitcoinboard.net/miners-boycot-ghash-io-as-the-pool-approaches-51-of-network-hashrate/

I doubt miners are going to move from cexio/ghash for another reason including the 0% pool fee, for me it is the single reason for staying with cexio and that's the equipment being maintained by them, buying equipment is very expensive now and you don't see an ROI for a long time, by which time the difficulty is always increasing.

~Foyz
Activity: 322
Supersonic
January 13, 2014, 05:09:33 AM

These guys say that a 25% pool is enough for an attack.

Were they proved wrong?

Those guys assume the 25% pool is extremely lucky during the attack...
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
January 12, 2014, 08:04:13 PM

These guys say that a 25% pool is enough for an attack.

Were they proved wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
January 10, 2014, 09:51:26 AM
Bitparking has merged mining and zero fees.  DGM payment method might scare people but payouts are better than any pool I have ever mined and I have mined most of the big ones at one time or another.  What's cool about DGM is even with pool luck variance, if it takes a long time for the pool to find a block, your payout is larger so the variance looks smaller than the pool luck would otherwise make it look.  So even though bitparking is a small pool you wouldn't know it so much from your payouts.  If anyone is looking to leave ghash.io check it out.
Activity: 448
January 10, 2014, 07:45:00 AM
GHS prices have been going up lately. Maybe cex themselves are trying to regulate it? We all know they have been manipulating the prices. Why the sudden up trend after months of down trend? Difficulty going up, btc price going up, GHS price should be going DOWN, not up. Makes no sense.
Activity: 98
January 10, 2014, 12:19:14 AM
I remember the good ole' days where Deepbit was awesome and feasible.

It's really hard to jump pools in this market.
Pages:
Jump to: