Pages:
Author

Topic: Miners Boycot Ghash.io ! - page 3. (Read 3977 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
January 09, 2014, 08:45:02 PM
Are there actually significant numbers of private miners there?

I thought it was bitfury's private pool plus the cloud scam operations?

Maybe you should be screaming "Stop buying bitfury hardware or investing in cloud hashing!"

there are tons of miners there, i was one of them too , people joining there because of the zero fees and merged mining. however, eligius offers the same, so i moved there, we have to protect the network
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
January 09, 2014, 05:46:05 PM
Are there actually significant numbers of private miners there?

Id say yes... I used to mine there until a month or so ago... miners like larger pools cause of lower variance while unknowingly putting the whole network at risk...

its a pool where they run their cloud scam plus a relatively stable pool for private miners... with merged mining (not many pools do that i thinks)
Supersonic
January 09, 2014, 05:15:48 PM

Right - but I don't think we are assuming that cex.io is a bad actor here... In fact, it doesn't seem to be in their best interest to damage the ecosystem.

...just like one would assume that all the hordes joining ghash.io would know better....

Fair, but there is a difference between assuming that the miners would know better and that cex.io will act in a way to preserve their own business. 

Why lose profit today for potential profit tomorrow?

Because they have done it in the past https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ghashio-and-double-spending-against-betcoin-dice-327767

Even if their claim is legit, that the bad actor was a staff whose been fired... the only way to stop this from hapening is by not putting anyone in a position to be able to make this happen. If your pool gets > 30% switch to another pool before its too late... simple...
Activity: 512
ICO is evil
January 09, 2014, 12:58:38 PM

Right - but I don't think we are assuming that cex.io is a bad actor here... In fact, it doesn't seem to be in their best interest to damage the ecosystem.

...just like one would assume that all the hordes joining ghash.io would know better....

Fair, but there is a difference between assuming that the miners would know better and that cex.io will act in a way to preserve their own business. 

Because the discount rate is so low?   Wink
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
January 09, 2014, 12:43:33 PM

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
January 09, 2014, 12:27:33 PM
Good call - this is serious
ICO is evil
January 09, 2014, 12:02:26 PM

January 09, 2014, 11:57:45 AM

ICO is evil
January 09, 2014, 11:52:37 AM
Why don't we just petition cex.io to split ghah.io into two separate pools?  Would that not solve the problem?

The only way that would solve the problem is if both pools were operated completely independently and didn't take orders from cex.io.

January 09, 2014, 11:25:10 AM
Why don't we just petition cex.io to split ghah.io into two separate pools?  Would that not solve the problem?

The only way that would solve the problem is if both pools were operated completely independently and didn't take orders from cex.io.
Supersonic
January 09, 2014, 11:16:42 AM

What problem would that solve exactly?
ICO is evil
January 09, 2014, 10:43:56 AM
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
January 09, 2014, 09:13:13 AM
Move your miners to other pools than ghash.io , or we will go downhill !
Ghash is abt to get 51% of the network!

More details here:
http://bitcoinboard.net/miners-boycot-ghash-io-as-the-pool-approaches-51-of-network-hashrate/
Pages:
Jump to: