Pages:
Author

Topic: Minersource.net & Miner Hosting LLC: Cheap and Secure Hosting and Sales! - page 3. (Read 13679 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Owner, Minersource.net
are there available hashing power for rent or just purely hosting for now?
Their may be some hashpower for rent, but generally only hosting for now.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
are there available hashing power for rent or just purely hosting for now?
Owner, Minersource.net
I want to offer a short review of bobsag3's hosting services (he hosts my Redhash). As someone who's been in IT for over 20 years and who owns an MSP company, I've had lots of experience with various hosting providers, and I must say that the service he provides is miles ahead of your average colo provider. The concatenation of personal approach and business professionalism he offers is certainly one of the very best I have ever encountered.

Selection of a hosting provider is a very "personal" matter, since everyone tends to have own unique requirements, but for what it's worth I for sure know who'll be taking care of my future hosting needs.

/DVB

P.S. I wasn't paid to write the above Smiley

Thanks for the kind words.

More Jupiter's and 11TH worth of BF boards hopefully arriving this week.
Ships monday!
Owner, Minersource.net
I want to offer a short review of bobsag3's hosting services (he hosts my Redhash). As someone who's been in IT for over 20 years and who owns an MSP company, I've had lots of experience with various hosting providers, and I must say that the service he provides is miles ahead of your average colo provider. The concatenation of personal approach and business professionalism he offers is certainly one of the very best I have ever encountered.

Selection of a hosting provider is a very "personal" matter, since everyone tends to have own unique requirements, but for what it's worth I for sure know who'll be taking care of my future hosting needs.

/DVB

Thanks for the kind words.

More Jupiter's and 11TH worth of BF boards hopefully arriving this week.
DVB
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

/DVB

Owner, Minersource.net
Happy to welcome the soon to be incoming Jupiters, along with some group buy machines Smiley. Exciting news soon!

We also now support direct invoicing Via Buisness Verified Paypal, and Credit Cards Via Square (if you dont want to go thru paypal).
Owner, Minersource.net
So you could host one of those (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/105-ghs-asic-miner-redhash-by-tav-limited-availability-on-ebay-303376) right away? VAT and european electricity prices render the auction prohibitive for people outside the US. How much would hosting one of those cost?

I suppose there is no way to control the miners by oneself, i.e. to have an SSH shell to make them hop between different SHA256 coins if one so desires?
I have 2 other people who have contacted me about having these hosted, so yes I can have them up within 2-3 hours of getting them. Feel free to PM me.

Oh good, I had the same reaction as Dalkore when I saw the pic Smiley

I don't quite get the fear of having the location of the hosting facility be known, except for the fact that it's being done on such a shoestring budget that it'll likely be left unattended for long periods of time, which is far from optimal. I'd be more concerned with sending valuable equipment to someone without knowing who they are or where the equipment will be located; maybe that's for security sake, but if the information that johnk has is available to any customer, you'd have to assume an interested adversary would get it too , by simply inquiring as if they are a customer or placing an actual order to have equipment hosted.

All that said, what is the staffing situation? What if someone needs remote hands? How will 2 people be able to respond 24/7? Are you aboth light sleepers, or located that far apart geographically that we can count on one if you being awake. And lastly,  what spawned this was security; given that the location will become known eventually, what is the security situation? If none, can you at least share how isolated it is from facilities with people present all night? Not like it's their responsibility, but just for the hope they could call the police if say, a moving truck pulled up front at 3 in the morning.

Knowing about the company, officers and other basic and important details is one thing and I make sure all my clients have these and I am certain Bob is doing the same.  Having information public on the ACTUAL location of the equipment is a bad idea.  People have different moralities and there are people who would not think twice about stealing property.   Like Bob, our customer's equipment well being is of our upmost concern and it would be irresponsible to give that information away. 

My company has filed all the nessesary state & city paperwork, while at the same time I take the security of my facility very seriously. I have 3 IT professionals on hand pretty much 24/7, I live 1.1 miles from the facility and I do not mind having to get up to get things fixed.
Otherwise the security information I am willing to publish is right on the OP- IP Cameras + motion detectors. The facility is located next to 4-7 identical buildings, all with active and well known businesses with security of their own.
Activity: 532
bearded, drunk, fat, naked
So you could host one of those (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/105-ghs-asic-miner-redhash-by-tav-limited-availability-on-ebay-303376) right away? VAT and european electricity prices render the auction prohibitive for people outside the US. How much would hosting one of those cost?

I suppose there is no way to control the miners by oneself, i.e. to have an SSH shell to make them hop between different SHA256 coins if one so desires?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

I don't quite get the fear of having the location of the hosting facility be known, except for the fact that it's being done on such a shoestring budget that it'll likely be left unattended for long periods of time, which is far from optimal. I'd be more concerned with sending valuable equipment to someone without knowing who they are or where the equipment will be located; maybe that's for security sake, but if the information that johnk has is available to any customer, you'd have to assume an interested adversary would get it too , by simply inquiring as if they are a customer or placing an actual order to have equipment hosted.

All that said, what is the staffing situation? What if someone needs remote hands? How will 2 people be able to respond 24/7? Are you aboth light sleepers, or located that far apart geographically that we can count on one if you being awake. And lastly,  what spawned this was security; given that the location will become known eventually, what is the security situation? If none, can you at least share how isolated it is from facilities with people present all night? Not like it's their responsibility, but just for the hope they could call the police if say, a moving truck pulled up front at 3 in the morning.

Knowing about the company, officers and other basic and important details is one thing and I make sure all my clients have these and I am certain Bob is doing the same.  Having information public on the ACTUAL location of the equipment is a bad idea.  People have different moralities and there are people who would not think twice about stealing property.   Like Bob, our customer's equipment well being is of our upmost concern and it would be irresponsible to give that information away. 
Activity: 644

Owner, Minersource.net
Nice.

I'm a bit worried about the mains though. Do you regulate the power?
(UPS/over/under voltage protection etc)
(how "dirty" is it from the utility?)
We have:
Transformer (city)>outside breaker > inside breaker boxes > either UPS or high-joule surge protectors.

Also adding 8 more singles!
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Nice.

I'm a bit worried about the mains though. Do you regulate the power?
(UPS/over/under voltage protection etc)
(how "dirty" is it from the utility?)
Owner, Minersource.net
More jupiters have been signed up!
Owner, Minersource.net
interested Smiley maybe contact you later.
Look forward to it.

Ah the sound of whirring fans. Music to my ears.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
interested Smiley maybe contact you later.
Owner, Minersource.net
Building was purchased today!
All the wiring and infrastructure equipment arrives tomorrow-Wednesday. Over 400lb. Poor UPS man
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
MinerSource.NET has partnered with BobSag3 for his vetting hosting of mining hardware. We already have referred several customers to his service. As we all know, time is of the essence in mining and we're hoping to offer our customers to have their hardware mining within 24 hours of purchase via BobSag3 This is a feature we are hoping to achieve here relativity soon.
Owner, Minersource.net
Have now/in process of purchasing 1 Avalon 3 batch, and 6-8 BFL Singles to start off the hashing. Big news coming later this week!
Pages:
Jump to: