Pages:
Author

Topic: 105 Gh/s ASIC miner: Redhash by TAV. (Limited availability on eBay). (Read 41975 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
Both. I got almost yelled at by a Paypal supervisor for selling singles on ebay. I never ever sold BTC itself- just the hardware. They didnt differentiate.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041
User705: we will take a signed declaration of the customer receiving goods, with copy of his ID.

It does not matter what kind of reasonable argument or the amount of proof you may have. There are many scammers using stolen Paypal and Credit Cards purchasing digital currency and mining equipment. eBay/PayPal regards anything "Bitcoin or Litecoin" related to be in violation of their policy. Therefore, when you get a couple thousand dollar charge-back, PayPal is going to say fuck you, and then as as even more slap in the face, they will freeze your account and make you sign an affidavit. I will NEVER sell anything bitcoin related on eBay again. It is ridiculous. Here is the letter they sent me when they froze my account:

This.

Please please please listen to those of us who have had to do this.
I was also told I had to sign a affidavit... to bad it never came in the mail Tongue

I Am Not A Lawyer, but the policy described only seems to forbid selling bitcoins, not mining equipment.

I can definitely understand why they can't let people be exchanging currency, as that is a highly-regulated business that they surely don't want to get involved with.

Did they send this letter out in response to selling bitcoins, or gear?  It doesn't say anything about anything except actual bitcoin exchange.

Owner, Minersource.net
User705: we will take a signed declaration of the customer receiving goods, with copy of his ID.

It does not matter what kind of reasonable argument or the amount of proof you may have. There are many scammers using stolen Paypal and Credit Cards purchasing digital currency and mining equipment. eBay/PayPal regards anything "Bitcoin or Litecoin" related to be in violation of their policy. Therefore, when you get a couple thousand dollar charge-back, PayPal is going to say fuck you, and then as as even more slap in the face, they will freeze your account and make you sign an affidavit. I will NEVER sell anything bitcoin related on eBay again. It is ridiculous. Here is the letter they sent me when they froze my account:

This.

Please please please listen to those of us who have had to do this.
I was also told I had to sign a affidavit... to bad it never came in the mail Tongue
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

It doesn't appear that you've sold much on eBay with PayPal.  You seem we'll intentioned but that will not matter to eBay or PayPal and they will simply refund the buyer since you didn't follow their rules.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
mrb
legendary
See I tried that.
They still limited my funds for 3 weeks, then proceded to close it automatically today after I withdrew my funds. 2 of my Coop members have also had their accounts taken out in similar fashion. I provided them everything from invoices to pictures to timestamped shipping and no dice. Paypal and ebay are all talk, and they will tell you what you want to hear on the phone and do the exact opposite.

I am aware. But we can afford to fight a possible dispute, and it would be worth fighting IMHO.
legendary
sebdude420: local pickup is possible, but payment should be made through Paypal. We need to go though the motions to establish some eBay/Paypal history, even though, as bobsag3 pointed out, purchases of Bitcoin hardware tend to raise flags. The only way to make eBay/Paypal more friendly toward such purchases is to have more and more vendors and customers trade successfully.

Thats a mistake. If someone pays by PayPal and picks it up they will charge it back and without a tracking number you will be SOL.
Owner, Minersource.net
I don't understand why they care when it comes to hardware.  I can understand bitcoins being sold because it causes them hassle from charge backs and they don't seem to understand how the blockchain works, but hardware is a hard piece of equipment that has a tracking number which is easily accessible to them.  Maybe bitcoin in general scares them because they know its better then paypal... of course they could just embrase it and probabey make a nice little profit but whatever.

Kudos mrb!  Great work from a small operation that didn't need "preorders" to make something happen.  Keep up the good work and get a 28nm version going.

Yes! BFL can shove it! lol
All the chargebacks for everything BTC related have made them trigger-happy with regards to BTC
Activity: 756
I don't understand why they care when it comes to hardware.  I can understand bitcoins being sold because it causes them hassle from charge backs and they don't seem to understand how the blockchain works, but hardware is a hard piece of equipment that has a tracking number which is easily accessible to them.  Maybe bitcoin in general scares them because they know its better then paypal... of course they could just embrase it and probabey make a nice little profit but whatever.

Kudos mrb!  Great work from a small operation that didn't need "preorders" to make something happen.  Keep up the good work and get a 28nm version going.
Owner, Minersource.net
sebdude420: local pickup is possible, but payment should be made through Paypal. We need to go though the motions to establish some eBay/Paypal history, even though, as bobsag3 pointed out, purchases of Bitcoin hardware tend to raise flags. The only way to make eBay/Paypal more friendly toward such purchases is to have more and more vendors and customers trade successfully.

See I tried that.
They still limited my funds for 3 weeks, then proceded to close it automatically today after I withdrew my funds. 2 of my Coop members have also had their accounts taken out in similar fashion. I provided them everything from invoices to pictures to timestamped shipping and no dice. Paypal and ebay are all talk, and they will tell you what you want to hear on the phone and do the exact opposite.
mrb
legendary
Activity: 397
Merit: 350
I wanted to make it easier for you and not involve paypal.
mrb
legendary
We have a very small quantities of Redhash units now available on eBay under our new vendor account:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Redhash-105-Gh-s-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner-Avalon-clone-/321233038462?#shpCntId

I was interested in maybe buying 1 if price was right, current bid at $1,499 and 23hr left to go but I then saw your shipping quote to Australia, WTF? I could ship a Bus from USA to AUS for that price?

Shipping: $888.33 UPS Worldwide Saver | See details

Did I read that right?? "Worldwide SAVER"

Our shipping is free. The eBay posting even says "Shipping: FREE Standard Shipping".
Activity: 397
Merit: 350
im the highest bidder right now. Tongue can i get the local pickup still? Also can i just drive down and pick one up for 1500 cash?
legendary
mrb - would you entertain people sending you Avalon gen1 chips and you churning out complete Redhashes?

plus one
Plus 2

We will do it if there is enough interest.

For example is anybody interested in the following: send us 320 chips (to our company in the USA), and we will assemble a full 105 Ghash/sec Redhash unit and ship it back to you for approximately 14 BTC, shipping of the unit included, worldwide? (This might sound close to Bitsyncom's price, but the advantage over a unit shipped from China is no customs for USA buyers, plus we use higher-quality components, cables, PSUs, fans, our chassis is rackable, etc.)

Thanks for the reply, not quite within our budget.

If you turned 320chips into a Redhash (minus PSU + freight) for say $1000USD (within an assured timeframe with penalty clause for late delivery) I'm sure you'd sell a few.
Even $1000 seems very high. 
Activity: 572
We have a very small quantities of Redhash units now available on eBay under our new vendor account:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Redhash-105-Gh-s-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner-Avalon-clone-/321233038462?#shpCntId

I was interested in maybe buying 1 if price was right, current bid at $1,499 and 23hr left to go but I then saw your shipping quote to Australia, WTF? I could ship a Bus from USA to AUS for that price?

Shipping: $888.33 UPS Worldwide Saver | See details

Did I read that right?? "Worldwide SAVER"
Owner, Minersource.net

Paypal will bring down the hammer on you. They held and locked my business account with 25k in it because I sold some singles on ebay... prepare to not have a good time.
mrb
legendary
We have very small quantities of Redhash units now available on eBay under our new vendor account:
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
mrb - would you entertain people sending you Avalon gen1 chips and you churning out complete Redhashes?

plus one
Plus 2

We will do it if there is enough interest.

For example is anybody interested in the following: send us 320 chips (to our company in the USA), and we will assemble a full 105 Ghash/sec Redhash unit and ship it back to you for approximately 14 BTC, shipping of the unit included, worldwide? (This might sound close to Bitsyncom's price, but the advantage over a unit shipped from China is no customs for USA buyers, plus we use higher-quality components, cables, PSUs, fans, our chassis is rackable, etc.)

Thanks for the reply, not quite within our budget.

If you turned 320chips into a Redhash (minus PSU + freight) for say $1000USD (within an assured timeframe with penalty clause for late delivery) I'm sure you'd sell a few.
Pages:
Jump to: