Pages:
Author

Topic: Minimum wage. - page 7. (Read 4816 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 21, 2015, 12:48:43 PM
What are your thoughts about the minimum wage? Is it a job killer or a way of ensuring companies pay their workers fair wages and what do you think about its effects on employment?
Businesses pay their employees what their time to the business is worth. Pay too little, the quality of the individual employee goes down, pay higher wages and the quality of the applicants goes up, along with the productivity of the company (providing that it's managed correctly)

I would love to have the guys who work under me and who I couldn't do without to get paid the maximum amount that we can afford, guess what? They already do. Anymore and our bottom line (profits for the LIV's out there) will begin to suffer.
If our profits fall then so does the chance of our company expanding and hiring more people.

If we paid too little, our competition wouldn't have a hard time attracting our employees to work for them.

The greatest myth about the minimum wage among the majority of it's supporters is that every business owner sleeps on a king size mattress stuffed with $100 bills because he/she won't pay their employees a "fair living wage"

Minimum wage is a political ploy that decreases prosperity and drives inflation, that in turn creates more dependant on the government voters (guess who they vote for?)

It's OK though, Hillary Clinton is out there campaigning for "the little guy" and will soon make it all alright by taxing the "rich" (unless they bought her for protection)
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
August 21, 2015, 12:47:33 PM
What are your thoughts about the minimum wage? Is it a job killer or a way of ensuring companies pay their workers fair wages and what do you think about its effects on employment?
Irrespective of its economic effects, it's coercive. It obstructs voluntary association. I am therefore opposed to it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
August 21, 2015, 12:46:43 PM
Pages:
Jump to: