Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining Container by Polivka GmbH - page 4. (Read 28975 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 101
Hydromining!
April 20, 2015, 09:55:43 AM
Some pictures:

"Old" stilts design vs. new one (on the right):

Air outlet, with side walls to prevent the hot air from getting sucked to the air intake again:

Inside:

Hot aisle, faster running fan:

Cold aisle, slower running fan:

Letting the fans run at different speed functions really nice, you can feel a definite airflow from the cold aisle to the hot aisle over the whole shelf.
Hydromining!
April 02, 2015, 11:23:57 AM
Serious mining anyone?

We have a new, improved air intake layout, also we will be able to spin the fans at different speed so to create a lower pressure in the hot aisle.

As for the stilts: We had a licensed structural engineer engineer calculate the whole thing, nothing in the dimensions changed, we can put in up to 2 metric tons of payload at normal European wind speeds.
Customers can have a CE sign for that.

Thanks for your attention!
Hydromining!
March 14, 2015, 01:27:06 PM
I'd definitely question the strength of the leg supports. What's the empty (no miners) weight of the fully-outfitted container? Adding 114x S5 to the mix will increase the weight by a good 900lb. Have you the engineering figures on the strength of the attachments, shear strength of the bolts and drilled-out tube?

Also, is there an option to run C20 cables instead of C14? If we're looking for space density, 2KW and 2.8KW PSUs (as well as SP30 and up) require C20 cables.

You forgot to add the weight of the operator inside. Somebody has to come in for maintenance once in a while and move around, which can change a lot in the distribution.
Also, with all the wires inside there's not much room left for a person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swap_body You are allowed to put 16to inside that Smiley

Also the aisles are 90cm in width, which is sufficiently spacy even for bigger persons.
Hydromining!
March 14, 2015, 10:31:56 AM
Awesome, thanks for the data.  Is there a rough estimate on your hashrate for that 120kW?  Just curious.

Keep up the great work.

Sorry, I honestly don't know - you would have to ask my clients for that...

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
March 14, 2015, 10:17:50 AM
Awesome, thanks for the data.  Is there a rough estimate on your hashrate for that 120kW?  Just curious.

Keep up the great work.
Hydromining!
March 14, 2015, 09:44:41 AM
Do you have any stats on the full setup?  Things like total container hashrate, internal/exhaust temps, decibel levels, miner stability when fully loaded container is sealed etc...

That would be most interesting.

Intake left, "cool" aisle atm: 13.81 degree centigrade
Intake right, "hot" aisle atm: 14.12 degree centigrade
exhaust left, "cool" aisle atm: 17.85 degree centigrade
exhaust right, "hot" aisle atm: 24.2 degree centigrade

Both of the fans are running in delta now - we want to try soon to let the left one spin in star mode, so there is some underpressure in the hot aisle which should prevent the miners blowing hot air over to the cold side.
Regarding decibel levels: I have measurement equipment, but the place is noisy anyways - so it's hard to tell what's causing the levels. It's granted that the miners are louder than the big fans.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
March 14, 2015, 09:38:47 AM
Do you have any stats on the full setup?  Things like total container hashrate, internal/exhaust temps, decibel levels, miner stability when fully loaded container is sealed etc...

That would be most interesting.
Hydromining!
March 14, 2015, 09:25:03 AM
Pictures of this stocked? I'd want metal shelving rather than solid wood, every bit of air flow helps.

Love to see these full!

Hydromining!
February 11, 2015, 03:18:13 AM
@Polivka GmbH!!!!
Is this an Ant Castle?Huh  Any ants living in there yet?Huh

Any serious propositions? I am open for anything. Would love to fill up the shelf to the last square inch... 
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
February 10, 2015, 10:08:50 PM
@Polivka GmbH!!!!

Is this an Ant Castle?Huh  Any ants living in there yet?Huh

legendary
Activity: 1050
February 10, 2015, 01:04:55 AM
7 cents here is residential, that's Canadian, o 6 or 5 cents USD.

I've seen 4 or 5 for Business in bulk
legendary
Activity: 1358
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 10, 2015, 12:26:35 AM
The 2 cents are what you get when you run the power plant or what you pay including the fee for the network, taxes etc?

That is what you pay as an industrial customer. I also guess fish ladders were planned for those plants from day one.

Regarding the fish ladders: I guess the dams in Washington state are all huge, the area where I live and Austria in general is full of small privately owned power plants, I guess most in the 10kW to 50kW capacity range. For them fish ladders are often very difficult to integrate. There is anyways little option because if you don't build the fish ladder you have dismantle you power plant and build back the river to it's shape before the plant, which is often even more expensive.

I've heard of that. It makes even less sense for cases where the river was diverted (not entirely) to the plant many decades ago. So the water to the plant is in a separate channel and the fish can go through the old river bed. But even those channels apparently are required to build fish ladders.  Huh

It's a pretty sad story - many power plants in Austria stand still because the ROI times for investing are >50 years.

I think if you can convince them to sell their power for 0.05 US cents or less, you'd find some interested people in this space.
Hydromining!
February 09, 2015, 04:04:30 PM
Here in washington state, where we have 2 cent per kilowatt hour hydro power, and more bitcoin mines then we know what to do with... and all of our dams have fish ladders. it can be done, and done profitably.

also doesnt vienna have a nuclear power plant that has never been turned on?

The 2 cents are what you get when you run the power plant or what you pay including the fee for the network, taxes etc?

The Austrian nuclear power plant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwentendorf_Nuclear_Power_Plant - never went live.

Regarding the fish ladders: I guess the dams in Washington state are all huge, the area where I live and Austria in general is full of small privately owned power plants, I guess most in the 10kW to 50kW capacity range. For them fish ladders are often very difficult to integrate. There is anyways little option because if you don't build the fish ladder you have dismantle you power plant and build back the river to it's shape before the plant, which is often even more expensive.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
February 09, 2015, 03:05:22 PM
It's the investment cost of the miners measured in Bitcoin which is the problem. There is just nothing left to cover the risks you are taking, even it looks like you could mine back the Bitcoin invested in an acceptable time frame. It looks completely different if you already have the hardware.

Regarding subsidies for hydro power it depends if you get any - there is only some money if you newly renovate your power plant and can prove that it will increase the yield by at least 20%.
If that's the case you can choose between getting some money for each kWh for the next 13 years or a fraction of the investment.

It's a pretty sad story - many power plants in Austria stand still because the ROI times for investing are >50 years. Also there are many ecological rules and other regulations, until ~2024 all power plant owners will be forced to install a fish ladder which often consumes the profits of ten or more years.

Here in washington state, where we have 2 cent per kilowatt hour hydro power, and more bitcoin mines then we know what to do with... and all of our dams have fish ladders. it can be done, and done profitably.

also doesnt vienna have a nuclear power plant that has never been turned on?
Hydromining!
February 09, 2015, 12:30:25 PM
In your particular case, that would mean you make more from the EU subsidies than mining? If you don't mind sharing, how much are the hydro subsidies this year?

It's the investment cost of the miners measured in Bitcoin which is the problem. There is just nothing left to cover the risks you are taking, even it looks like you could mine back the Bitcoin invested in an acceptable time frame. It looks completely different if you already have the hardware.

Regarding subsidies for hydro power it depends if you get any - there is only some money if you newly renovate your power plant and can prove that it will increase the yield by at least 20%.
If that's the case you can choose between getting some money for each kWh for the next 13 years or a fraction of the investment.

It's a pretty sad story - many power plants in Austria stand still because the ROI times for investing are >50 years. Also there are many ecological rules and other regulations, until ~2024 all power plant owners will be forced to install a fish ladder which often consumes the profits of ten or more years.
legendary
Activity: 1358
https://gliph.me/hUF
February 09, 2015, 11:56:26 AM
[...]

I know mining calculations look not really good at the moment - guess why this thing is still empty...

In your particular case, that would mean you make more from the EU subsidies than mining? If you don't mind sharing, how much are the hydro subsidies this year?
Hydromining!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
February 08, 2015, 10:05:15 PM
It is now in hardware. I will post in it  this time to say I think moving it to hardware was correct.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
February 08, 2015, 09:47:48 PM
Thanks. I already PM'ed ckolivas, who moved the thread - maybe he has mercy and reconsiders his decision. I guess a lot of interested people would miss it here.

As for the biogas generators: Don't they produce 2/3 of heat compared to electricity anyways? Do they need even more heat in the process?
My company runs mining in water power plants in Austria - if the numbers align a bit more favorably I will put it near one and fill it up with miners. Any project propositions - just PM me.

Even though the thread was move to a least desirable locale [in your mind], consider posting on this forum as much as possible, whereupon your sig will garner more eyeballs, coupled with appropriately bumping your thread periodically with relative information.

Also, don't forget that there's other crypto forums out there that you can join. The key is to play nice, and have a good product (check) at a descent price point (I'm not qualified to judge this).

Do all the above, and you'll be pleasantly surprise the mileage you'll enjoy, albeit one caveat: Your mileage may vary.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1050
February 08, 2015, 05:26:06 PM
Pictures of this stocked? I'd want metal shelving rather than solid wood, every bit of air flow helps.

Love to see these full!
Pages:
Jump to: