Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining in 20 years time - page 7. (Read 6177 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 10, 2016, 04:24:34 AM
99.21875% will be mined in 20 years time. If electricity isn't very cheap by then and/or if bitcoin isn't worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, it's hard to imagine anybody wanting to mine then. How will transactions then be verified?
After all bitcoin get mined miners will get transaction fees as reward. And i am sure if the demand of bitcoin keep growing like the current stage there will be lot of transaction in one block so fee of all those transaction will be enough to reward miners and also at that time if price don't get increase enough to be profitable than recommended fee per KB will be increased. So basically bitcoin will keep on working on those year also. Nothing to panic about...
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
July 10, 2016, 04:23:24 AM
99.21875% will be mined in 20 years time. If electricity isn't very cheap by then and/or if bitcoin isn't worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, it's hard to imagine anybody wanting to mine then. How will transactions then be verified?

Miners falling off would mean decreasing difficulty, so that shouldn't be a problem over a long enough time frame (i.e. difficulty matching up with the decreased hash rate). Besides, it is assumed that after almost all coins are mined, miners will earn by collecting transaction fees...

What actually happens then is hard to predict, though
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
July 10, 2016, 04:12:53 AM
Pages:
Jump to: