Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining motherboard - Onda B250 BTC-D8P - Anyone tried ? - page 3. (Read 3909 times)

Activity: 289
Merit: 107
That isn't the case for the Octominer board. You only need 2 of the 6 pin connectors on the board for power even with 8 gpu's. I guess the Onda is different, but its definitely a hassle from a connection stand point.  I still like the Onda board better for windows operation though as with a g4400 cpu its so much more responsive than my Octo board.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
I finally got around to putting 8 gpu’s into by newer 8 gpu version Onda board. I plugged in 2/6 6 pin connectors on the motherboard but only 4 of my 1070 ti’s will power up. Do you really have to plug in all 6 and then plug in 8 more for the cards? That’s just ridiculous. Even my 1600g2 doesn’t have enough connectors without ordering splitters or extensions. I only needed 2 6 pins on the octo board, I can’t think of any good reason to require all 6 when your directly powering the cards anyways.

Am I missing something or is this the actual requirement?

GPU's can draw up to 75W through the PCIE slot.   they need juice.... gotta make it available to them.  if you are populating all 16x slots, you need ALL extra power plugs plugged in.... as the 16x slots don't get power from anywhere else.   some 16x slots share the same molex/sata port, but, in general, they are necessary to plug in.

Remember, only two plugs per PCIE cable or per SATA/molex cable.
if using a SATA cable;  you could try one splitter and powering 3 ports;  but I do not recommend.

These boards do have hefty requirements to fully work.
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
I finally got around to putting 8 gpu’s into by newer 8 gpu version Onda board. I plugged in 2/6 6 pin connectors on the motherboard but only 4 of my 1070 ti’s will power up. Do you really have to plug in all 6 and then plug in 8 more for the cards? That’s just ridiculous. Even my 1600g2 doesn’t have enough connectors without ordering splitters or extensions. I only needed 2 6 pins on the octo board, I can’t think of any good reason to require all 6 when your directly powering the cards anyways.

Am I missing something or is this the actual requirement?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello guys, I  got few rigs set up on this Onda B250 D8P motherboard and all share the same problem - everything works great on every possible setup, except when you put card in 1st GPU slot(the 16x one), then it gives out constant 4Mh/s from a GPU that is in the first slot and other cards get unstable hashate(keeps jumping up and down), which also gives SMOS monitor wrong info on monitoring. It works perfectly on a  7 card setup with 1st slot being empty. Works also great, when using 8 cards but one card is plugged on the small pci-e port thru a riser(again, 16x slot is empty). So my question is, are there any BIOS setting I am missing, or something else? I can already say that it cannot be a faulty board, since more than 10 rigs share the same problem.

Using SMOS, mining only ETH w/ AMD rx570 gpus,  1650w psu, celeron g3930(iirc), m.2 ssd.
If you need more details, let me know, been struggling with this for a very long time already
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

I know it probably has nothing to do with your problem, but the onda D8P doesn't have an M.2 slot....

Very strange its only the first slot, but its on all boards... so that part makes me curious since its pretty much not reasonable to happen.

Sorry, my bad. Wanted to say mSata slot

Hello guys, I  got few rigs set up on this Onda B250 D8P motherboard and all share the same problem - everything works great on every possible setup, except when you put card in 1st GPU slot(the 16x one), then it gives out constant 4Mh/s from a GPU that is in the first slot and other cards get unstable hashate(keeps jumping up and down), which also gives SMOS monitor wrong info on monitoring. It works perfectly on a  7 card setup with 1st slot being empty. Works also great, when using 8 cards but one card is plugged on the small pci-e port thru a riser(again, 16x slot is empty). So my question is, are there any BIOS setting I am missing, or something else? I can already say that it cannot be a faulty board, since more than 10 rigs share the same problem.

Using SMOS, mining only ETH w/ AMD rx570 gpus,  1650w psu, celeron g3930(iirc), m.2 ssd.
If you need more details, let me know, been struggling with this for a very long time already

I had the same problem. change mode I think this solution.

i have 230 cards.
Thank you for answering.
What do you mean with "change mode"?
Activity: 378
Merit: 21
English ↳ Turkish Translator ✓

I had the same problem. change mode I think this solution.

i have 230 cards.
legendary

I know it probably has nothing to do with your problem, but the onda D8P doesn't have an M.2 slot....

Very strange its only the first slot, but its on all boards... so that part makes me curious since its pretty much not reasonable to happen.
Activity: 50

8 x 1080 TIs work fine for me with this board...
Activity: 2

legendary
Very cool. I am liking these boards. They run stable and are dead simple to setup.
I look forward to your results on some of those older cards.

5 cards no problem.  gonna try some more later today.

470,550Ti,650,650Ti,960SSC   =)  Breaking out the old guys for this test.

They all worked like a champ.  Installed a driver for the 470; and it was able to handle all the cards except the 960.  for that I needed to install it's nvidia package as well.

Broke out a GTX275;  no dice.  Driver is too old and doesn't play well with the newer GPU's in the system.  Always Code42.   No bother on that GPU.

as far as miner apps:  There's very little available.   I've been running XMR-stak on the ONDA since its been on.   It can utilize all the cuda GPU's because it uses its own library DLL/functions;  not "cuda ver X" you have installed and available to use.

Each new GPU you install, you must boot to windows, and wait for all the device manager operations to finish before proceeding.   I always reboot before mining.  Just to make sure configs are saved for the pcie bus in the HAL.   Simply swapping 2 cards positions makes the system freak out and need to reconfig itself.

So far;  aside from the known that the 470 is a heat-pump;  (and not having my kill-a-watt meter) It's been pretty stable.    I like this board.   Very much.   Ordered a frame from Spotswood and submitted payment yesterday I believe.    I am using a 80Plus 1000w power supply on it presently, but Ill probably swap that one out for my coolmax 1600w. 

I've been saving $$$ and have a bunch of friends who owe me cash as well, so when the new card generation hits the shelf, I am just going to buy and populate this thing.   The last two times, I should have, and lost out big time....    I don't mind if I loose out this time, cause Ill have some shiny new hardware in my hands anyways.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Very cool. I am liking these boards. They run stable and are dead simple to setup.
I look forward to your results on some of those older cards.

legendary

legendary
Hmmm, IIRC, the BIOS on both of my boards was defaulted to IGFX.  I thought about that, but didn't mention it because I thought it was default.

Well, I'm pretty sure that's your issue.  Good luck!

Yep success.

Currently up and running mining XMR with 3 GPU, and the CPU.  I need to shut down my rosewell machine and yank the two cards out of it to populate it with 5x.
Hmmm, IIRC, the BIOS on both of my boards was defaulted to IGFX.  I thought about that, but didn't mention it because I thought it was default.

Well, I'm pretty sure that's your issue.  Good luck!
legendary
Try installing windows 10 clean.

not an option.  I need to install and have it online for a month or two before I can do a clean install.  This way my hardware profile is present on the activation server for next time.  I have yet to have an issue with a 7->10 upgrade that requires a clean install.

What I did try, and seems like it may be working, is change BIOS primary graphics setting to IGFX; and it booted to windows on the internal graphics with no issues while a card was installed.   I am attempting to install the driver now.  Strangely windows didn't show it as a GTX650;  it called it a basic display adapter.   Uaually it ID's it's model at least.

Anyhow;  I will report back once I get more done.   Hopefully I can get this thing running XMR on my old GPU pile to fully test it's multi-gpu capability in windows 10 tonight.  Hopefully I have enough power left on this circuit to do it safely XD.  These old GPU's pull a lot of juice;  especially the GTX470.
Try installing windows 10 clean.
legendary
Im having the strangest of luck.  Maybe its because windows was installed off the integrated GPU?

My onda board works fine.  All PCIE slots respond;  I can see POST display on all of them when tested one at a time;  but once it goes to boot past POST;  its just a black screen.  With any GPU installed;  the onboard graphics do not respond or show a POST at all.

I still need to try a DVI port on the pcie gfx cards to see if that gets response;  but since the display is still lit and blank;  I think its not the case.

If at any time I remove all PCIE graphics and plug back into the built in HDMI port;  it boots up and works as you would expect.

Kind-of annoying....

Anyone else run into this kind of issue with the onda board???

I installed Windows off the integrated GPU and didn't have issues. Why are you trying to view video from the PCIE GPUs?

Do you have all the molex and Sata power cords connected to the board?

Did you just install one GPU and try a boot?  The IGPU should still control the video.  Then install the driver and reboot.  The PCIE should show in DM.

Then you can add one at a time or plug them all in.  I did it both ways on my 2 boards and all the cards were recognized either way.

What I did:

used integrated graphics for the start.  i3-6100, 8gb ram, 64gb Msata.
installed 7;  updated to SP1.  Upgraded to 10 free.   Updated 10 all the way to 17xx;  no more updates available.
Used windowsupdate driver search to install the other peripherals (smbus controller, etc)  As well as the onboard intel video driver.

All good so far.    Can't install the crimson blockchain driver cause no device is present.  Can't install the nvidia driver cause no device is present.   Totally normal.  I can run xmr-stak fine on the CPU.... all is good.

Now; This is with a 1000w PSU, and all power plugs on the board populated correctly mind you.

From here:
Simply plug in a GPU;  and onboard graphics no longer POST.  if I plug the HDMI into the video card;  Ill see post there, but then after post nothing but blank screen.  Via the HDD status light on the msata drive;  it looks like its booting into windows.  Can't see anything past that.  If I plug the GPU into slot 2 instead of slot 1, same exact results;  post seen on GPU, but nothing but a black screen past POST.  The monitor does receive a signal of the right dimensions (1366x768); but nothing makes it there from windows.   effin strange.

I tried plugging in anything form a GTX470, 650, 550, 650ti, 550ti to a GTX980.... nothing, same results.

unplug all gpu and hook to onboard HDMI;  works as it did originally.
Im having the strangest of luck.  Maybe its because windows was installed off the integrated GPU?

My onda board works fine.  All PCIE slots respond;  I can see POST display on all of them when tested one at a time;  but once it goes to boot past POST;  its just a black screen.  With any GPU installed;  the onboard graphics do not respond or show a POST at all.

I still need to try a DVI port on the pcie gfx cards to see if that gets response;  but since the display is still lit and blank;  I think its not the case.

If at any time I remove all PCIE graphics and plug back into the built in HDMI port;  it boots up and works as you would expect.

Kind-of annoying....

I installed Windows off the integrated GPU and didn't have issues. Why are you trying to view video from the PCIE GPUs?

Do you have all the molex and Sata power cords connected to the board?

Did you just install one GPU and try a boot?  The IGPU should still control the video.  Then install the driver and reboot.  The PCIE should show in DM.

Then you can add one at a time or plug them all in.  I did it both ways on my 2 boards and all the cards were recognized either way.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
Im having the strangest of luck.  Maybe its because windows was installed off the integrated GPU?

My onda board works fine.  All PCIE slots respond;  I can see POST display on all of them when tested one at a time;  but once it goes to boot past POST;  its just a black screen.  With any GPU installed;  the onboard graphics do not respond or show a POST at all.

I still need to try a DVI port on the pcie gfx cards to see if that gets response;  but since the display is still lit and blank;  I think its not the case.

If at any time I remove all PCIE graphics and plug back into the built in HDMI port;  it boots up and works as you would expect.

Kind-of annoying....

I got four cards to work with Windows 10 .

But I only could use the gpu on board.  I think it was 8gb ram and a i5 7400t
legendary

Kind-of annoying....

Activity: 280
Merit: 28
Is it sold anywhere else except for Aliexpress and Ebay (where same sellers sell same stuff)? The idea of waiting a month for the mb to arrive isn't very appealing.

I have 1 left new.

Are you USA based

It fits in a usps game flat rate box

I can ship it on Monday .

Do want to run Windows or smos Linux?

Windows use a i3 or better with a 8gb stick of ram.

Linux use a celery stick and 4gb ram

Thanks mate but atm my interest is more in "general knowledge" field. I need to buy 4 more 1080TIs to fill the last 12xGPU rig I built, then I will look at MB options for the next one Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: