Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining motherboard - Onda B250 BTC-D8P - Anyone tried ? - page 4. (Read 3909 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I'm based in the USA and have 9 of these boards in stock.

I test these for working condition before shipping.

I use a G3930 for the CPU

I use 4GB 260pin DDR4 for the RAM - model AD4S2400J4G17-B

PM me if interested. These can ship pretty quick and are less expensive that what is typically found on Ebay and Amazon.

Edit: Spelling

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
This main board is really stable so far. I have an i5 CPU and this for ram.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019A81BIW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like the Spotswood frame too. Easy to setup and works great.

my cpu is new. how is the good frequency memory ram for this motherboard? 1.2 v or 1.35 v ?? what the people use ??
For a short test, Ill be using one of these as a mining and gaming machine at the same time........  Just to see how well it can handle it.

My mSATA and cpu cooler arrived today, so finally time to populate and power this puppy up.

good  so win 10  with the i3 I sold you   if I recall .

what size ram?

8Gb Ram it's 1.2v.  I went to frys.com and looked up ddr4 sodimms that were in stock;  and made sure in the description it only showed 1.2v.  I ended up buying Patriot Viper 8Gb PC4-21300 2666MHz; and yeah, the i3-6100.  Right now its finally through it's windows 7 install->update-win10 upgrade.   I put a 64Gb mSATA in it.      Works like a champ.

Next is to put a real power supply on it (presently using a pico PSU on a +12 barrel plug; and the onboard gfx port) and populate each slot one at a time, as well as get the nvidia / amd drivers installed onto this drive.    Once everything is verified working; Ill image the drive as a fail-safe clean-reset for my D8P in the future.  
Not sure if others could use it as the windows license may be tied to the drive serial...  They would have to activate windows on their own.  But ill have a base point for a windows 10 image for mining for myself regardless.

I need a case for this thing;  I responded to spotswood's thread, but haven't heard from him.   Id rather have a case like the one [i believe citronick] is using... the enclosed metal case.  There is even a version that has provisions for risers and 4 more GPU.

Right now;  Its running off a pico PSU, and a USB wifi card for internet access.  It's doing XMR on the cpu, maintaining ~50*c....   Until I get GPU's on it (and it in a case), it will probably sit like this after initial setup with drivers.

Im having trouble with figuring out the right driver/combo for AMD to get good hashrates on ETH, XMR and other algos combined in one install.   Making progress...  Just annoying as #@$^ cause it feels like you are going in circles sometimes.
Activity: 50
FYI, I'm using Celeron 3930 with no issues.

Phillip, I'll take it if he doesn't want it.  PM me if applicable.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
Is it sold anywhere else except for Aliexpress and Ebay (where same sellers sell same stuff)? The idea of waiting a month for the mb to arrive isn't very appealing.

I have 1 left new.

Are you USA based

It fits in a usps game flat rate box

I can ship it on Monday .

Do want to run Windows or smos Linux?

Windows use a i3 or better with a 8gb stick of ram.

Linux use a celery stick and 4gb ram
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
Is it sold anywhere else except for Aliexpress and Ebay (where same sellers sell same stuff)? The idea of waiting a month for the mb to arrive isn't very appealing.
My 2 ONDA D8P boards are running rock solid. I have no complaints.

I just wish I understood how much power was sucked through the 3 SATA connectors and the 3 molex connectors on the board for the purpose of dividing PSU power in a multi-PSU set up.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I messed around running games on an 8 GPU rig last summer. It was fun but it seemed like the games could not even close to use all the power of all the cards.
Have fun, I look forward to your results.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019A81BIW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

my cpu is new. how is the good frequency memory ram for this motherboard? 1.2 v or 1.35 v ?? what the people use ??
For a short test, Ill be using one of these as a mining and gaming machine at the same time........  Just to see how well it can handle it.

My mSATA and cpu cooler arrived today, so finally time to populate and power this puppy up.
legendary

For a short test, Ill be using one of these as a mining and gaming machine at the same time........  Just to see how well it can handle it.

good  so win 10  with the i3 I sold you   if I recall .

what size ram?
legendary

legendary

hello bubbAJoe thanks for help

24 and 8 yes  Grin and all connectors

i don't have gpu card on motherboard just use hdmi from the motherboard possibility.

- cpu is Intel Celeron G3930
- ram is sodimm 4 GB 1333 MHz 1.35 V RAM
- all connected connectors molex ...

Start bouton and :

black screen nothing motherboard hdmi video output signal on my screen. Can not access bios. However usb lights and keyboard off.

how to treat hdmi display activation with no bios acces ?

DDR4, I assume?

Dunno, I'm running 1.2V DDR4 on both of my boards.  Does this board require 1.2V memory?

Also, double check CPU and memory seating.  Check memory contacts for any tape/glue.
Hello, I have a problem with ONDA B250-D8P

i have all plug :

- Intel Celeron G3930
- sodimm 4 GB 1333 MHz 1.35 V RAM
- all connected connectors molex ...

Start bouton and :

black screen nothing hdmi video output signal on my screen. Can not access bios. However usb lights and keyboard off.

how to treat hdmi display activation with no bios acces ?

any other GPUs connected?

Do  you have both the 24-pin power cable and the 8-cpu power cable connected?
legendary
I have one of the Spotswood cases on the way should be here next week. Going to be fun.

I’ve seen that one, I asked in case someone had come across anything different. /salute
Spotswood on this site makes an open-air frame for them....
legendary
I’ve seen that one, I asked in case someone had come across anything different. /salute

I have the spots wood for the eight + four board

I consider getting a second one
legendary
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
legendary
Have guys found any closed/server style cases for the Onda boards?
Yep.

quick google searches my friend.....
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
Have guys found any closed/server style cases for the Onda boards?
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
Does anyone know the nominal and max power (watts) that is drawn through each of the 3 molex ports and each of the 3 sata ports on the D8P if only slots 1-7 are occupied (slot 0 empty)?

Reason I'm asking is because I want to run 2 PSUs to this board and I'm trying to decide the best way to split power between the 2 PSUs (1800W and 1200W) with all 8 PCI-E slots occupied.

I do with a few and try to make sure each psu is powering the same card(s) through both molex/sata and vga, so if one psu goes down there is not a card being powered only through the pcie slot molex/sata--but this suggestion came to me when I jumped psus rather than add2psu connect, with risers where the sata adapter to the riser could melt if a different psu to a card went out and the card was trying to draw 120 through a cable rated for 75. In my experience wiht onda b250s if the sata/molex to the board is unplugged and the card powered, it's just not picked up, and vice versa.
D8P, v1 (12 gpu).  rock solid. short gpu required for slot 1. only running gpus in slots 2-8 for now.

8 gb gskill ddr4
celeron 3930
Pages:
Jump to: