Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining profits over the next six months... - page 2. (Read 1781 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
October 11, 2015, 04:32:47 AM
I've noticed recently that mining profits in Bitcoin have gone down.  They are still the same in USD, if not more, but slightly lower on a BTC basis.  I'm curious what people think will happen to mining profits over the next six months taking into account all of the fundamental developments affecting Bitcoin.  If someone is making 1 BTC a month today with their hash rate what do you think it will be in six months based on your projections?  I know there are a lot of variables and this is a tough question to answer but I'm still interested to see if anyone is willing to take a shot at it.  Thanks!

It is not easy to predict 6 month's away. In mining time this is a LONG LONG time.  We try to predict it weekly and even then there are surprises.

With difficulty it will go down in 6 months.  But how much no one can say for sure.  If we knew there would not be speculation.

If difficulty goes down does that mean miners make more rewards per day day per TH?  What is the correlation that miners need to worry about with difficulty?  Thanks!

those that will not follow with the new chips that are more efficient are bound to drop the game, otherwise nothing will change, there will be more diff right, but this because there will be more efficiency too

those two parameters will remain constant

Also we are looking at some miners that are ROI point after having.  This is a huge difference.  No matter how long we speculate no knows what it will happen.

I am a miner and always will be just a lot of "if's" that you cannot predict months away.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
October 11, 2015, 03:21:02 AM
I've noticed recently that mining profits in Bitcoin have gone down.  They are still the same in USD, if not more, but slightly lower on a BTC basis.  I'm curious what people think will happen to mining profits over the next six months taking into account all of the fundamental developments affecting Bitcoin.  If someone is making 1 BTC a month today with their hash rate what do you think it will be in six months based on your projections?  I know there are a lot of variables and this is a tough question to answer but I'm still interested to see if anyone is willing to take a shot at it.  Thanks!

It is not easy to predict 6 month's away. In mining time this is a LONG LONG time.  We try to predict it weekly and even then there are surprises.

With difficulty it will go down in 6 months.  But how much no one can say for sure.  If we knew there would not be speculation.

If difficulty goes down does that mean miners make more rewards per day day per TH?  What is the correlation that miners need to worry about with difficulty?  Thanks!

those that will not follow with the new chips that are more efficient are bound to drop the game, otherwise nothing will change, there will be more diff right, but this because there will be more efficiency too

those two parameters will remain constant
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
October 11, 2015, 02:39:01 AM

Assuming price remains constant, block discovery in pools remain consistent aka luck, then decreases in difficulty will result in the remaining network miners acquiring more blocks, and increased return per TH.

Of course that is until halving where block rewards decrease as well then by default it becomes an interesting period for observation.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
October 11, 2015, 02:35:52 AM

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
October 11, 2015, 12:54:57 AM

Activity: 546
Merit: 501
October 11, 2015, 12:40:09 AM
Pages:
Jump to: