Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining room cooling issue. - page 3. (Read 2917 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
We are the champions of the night
March 14, 2014, 01:55:54 AM
Does the room have a window?  If so, you could probably put a small AC in
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
March 14, 2014, 01:54:24 AM
I have a room that is about 8'x8'x11' which serves as home to my 6 Antminer S1's.  The problem is that the room gets quite warm when door is shut.  If I leave the door open, I will most likely annoy my roommate with the noise.  Any way for me to keep my miners cool and not annoy my roommate?  I was thinking about cutting a hole at the bottom and top of the door but I wonder if that'll be enough.  If the room is very warm, it's obviously damaging to the miners right?  The room doesn't get hot enough to start a fire or anything(obviously) but it feels like the middle of summer when the rest of the apartment is cool.  I have my miners unplugged for the moment till I figure out a solution.  Smart inputs will be appreciated.

"Any way for me to keep my miners cool and not annoy my roommate?"

Probably not.

My $.02.

Wink
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 14, 2014, 01:52:32 AM
I have a room that is about 8'x8'x11' which serves as home to my 6 Antminer S1's.  The problem is that the room gets quite warm when door is shut.  If I leave the door open, I will most likely annoy my roommate with the noise.  Any way for me to keep my miners cool and not annoy my roommate?  I was thinking about cutting a hole at the bottom and top of the door but I wonder if that'll be enough.  If the room is very warm, it's obviously damaging to the miners right?  The room doesn't get hot enough to start a fire or anything(obviously) but it feels like the middle of summer when the rest of the apartment is cool.  I have my miners unplugged for the moment till I figure out a solution.  Smart inputs will be appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: