Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining , still worth it? - page 6. (Read 7308 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
April 05, 2018, 03:58:12 PM
If you are looking for a reliable facility to host your miners we have space available. Send us your requirements here, https://www.miningdx.com.

Mining doesnot worth it so there is no need for new facility Smiley

Learn to speak English.

Doesnot  matter, there is a lot of dialects here. Better don't mistake the imaginary earnings for reality losses anymore  Wink
Activity: 112
April 05, 2018, 03:44:22 PM
If you are looking for a reliable facility to host your miners we have space available. Send us your requirements here, https://www.miningdx.com.

Learn to speak English.

Doesnot  matter, there is a lot of dialects here. Better don't mistake the imaginary earnings for reality losses anymore  Wink
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
April 05, 2018, 02:47:35 PM

Learn to speak English.
April 05, 2018, 01:44:59 PM

Activity: 462
Merit: 118
April 05, 2018, 09:24:26 AM
I still think it is worth it. depends on your strategy though.

I checked my pool address just now and I am expecting 1.9 ETH a month (went up by .09) and I pay $230 for unlimited electricity for my house. I know this number can fluctuate based off of difficulty.

I am not worried about the price per ETH at this moment because I am still making close to $800/month at todays prices. I am mostly mining for the coins at this point though. I am looking for a big jump on prices throughout the year and will sell at that time.

What kind of setup do you have to make 1.9 ETH / month?

Probably around 25-30 GPUs depending on the cheapest GPUs you can get. You would need 3 motherboards to run them. Then these would probably run at an estimated electric power consumption of around 4000-5000 watts. These are very rough estimates. I wouldn't get into buying GPUs for mining at this time tho. Too much is uncertain.

Dont buy gpus now. The antminer E3 is too much cheaper and will drive gpu down the drain.
In general, mining is just not worth it now. Too much risk for this kinda return.

I really feel like the E3 will get bricked like the cryptonight variety did. Nobody like bitmain these days.  Grin

Or could be like SIA coin. No fork.
I hope bitmain lowers their production.

I just hope they try to focus on coins that already have established ASIC markets rather than trying to create new ones that the community doesn't want. They should come out with an improved Bitcoin miner instead of branching to cryptonight, ethash, and everything else under the sun.

Why would one improve a btc miner when there is no need to. Can only improve to 10nm which is not much. It will cannibalize sales of their own S9 product....no point. The current 10nm node miners have proven to not be special or anything.
Activity: 794
Merit: 272
April 05, 2018, 08:29:04 AM

I checked my pool address just now and I am expecting 1.9 ETH a month (went up by .09) and I pay $230 for unlimited electricity for my house. I know this number can fluctuate based off of difficulty.

I am not worried about the price per ETH at this moment because I am still making close to $800/month at todays prices. I am mostly mining for the coins at this point though. I am looking for a big jump on prices throughout the year and will sell at that time.

Probably around 25-30 GPUs depending on the cheapest GPUs you can get. You would need 3 motherboards to run them. Then these would probably run at an estimated electric power consumption of around 4000-5000 watts. These are very rough estimates. I wouldn't get into buying GPUs for mining at this time tho. Too much is uncertain.

Dont buy gpus now. The antminer E3 is too much cheaper and will drive gpu down the drain.
In general, mining is just not worth it now. Too much risk for this kinda return.

I really feel like the E3 will get bricked like the cryptonight variety did. Nobody like bitmain these days.  Grin

I just hope they try to focus on coins that already have established ASIC markets rather than trying to create new ones that the community doesn't want. They should come out with an improved Bitcoin miner instead of branching to cryptonight, ethash, and everything else under the sun.
April 05, 2018, 08:12:40 AM

I really feel like the E3 will get bricked like the cryptonight variety did. Nobody like bitmain these days.  Grin

April 05, 2018, 08:08:08 AM

I really feel like the E3 will get bricked like the cryptonight variety did. Nobody likes bitmain these days.  Grin
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
April 05, 2018, 07:45:12 AM
Until you get your E3 to your house, you could only use it to heat up your house Wink
April 05, 2018, 07:41:03 AM

Activity: 280
Merit: 102
April 05, 2018, 03:44:36 AM

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Out of the box is where I live
April 05, 2018, 03:11:15 AM

Activity: 50
April 03, 2018, 09:06:49 PM
Mining will worth it, if you did research of what currency with what equipment you can mine with best calculated roi, and smaller period of time.
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
April 03, 2018, 08:41:46 PM

Yes, mining is still worth it. You just need to be better than the average joe.

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
April 03, 2018, 05:35:45 PM
Can you get cheap Electricity?
Maybe

Can you get free electricity?
It's profitable

Is the electricity expensive?
Better to buy the coins you would want to mine

Did someone gift you free GPUs and you're not sure?
You can give it a try and see what it does, maybe do something bad and steal some eletricity somewhere, maybe it's even profitable without doing it.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
April 03, 2018, 05:15:03 PM
Guys but since last 2-3 month price for GPU went down a bit( as example rx 570)  just 2 months ago they were hiting 550$++ and now i can find them even under 400$ so price is hitting lower.  I can agree its not a price where they should be( for example begining price when they went out) but its better then overpriced 550$...
ANyway if the market will not hit back to the top, the price will drop aswell, so lets see how it goes;)
cheers!

NEWEGG pricing (not the third-party sellers there) was more like $400-$450 for most RX 470/480/570/580 at the "2-3 months ago" peak - so they have dropped some but not as much as you claim (lowest NEW listing the last 2-3 days at $339).
They DID get into the $550+ range briefly a YEAR ago on internal pricing.

Nvidia availability has gotten a TON better the last 2 weeks, though mostly MSI and Gigabyte models, and the price has dropped some - I think most of the price premium there at this point is due to "RAM shortage gouge pricing".

As long as coin prices don't jump again, GPU price should keep sliding slowly while availability gets better.

Activity: 76
Merit: 1
April 03, 2018, 03:46:08 PM

April 03, 2018, 02:52:21 PM
Lets remember mining is not about profit and is about securing the blockchain you believe in.

Sure.. Thats exactly what i had in mind when i bought shitloads of graphic cards last year and payed them a lot of money. I told to myself: "damn, these cards are expensive, but i just know that they will secure dat blockchain!".

Get real. We`re in it for the money. Also stop mixing blockchain tech with crypto currencies.

then be in it for the long term... don't sell things you mine right away. If you are unable to pay for the electricity out of pocket then maybe you should stop mining. 

No, i`m fine. I mine with a plan. And it`s a long term one. I just wanted to make it clear that, at least for me, i am in this game solely for the profit and nothing else.

That is your prerogative of course but I am in it to free us from fiat which is doomed to fail. I would love to create a stable crypto that people can actually use for a reliable means of transacting. I am actually working towards a project now to do just that.  Wink

All the best with the project mate  Smiley And if i may add yours is a noble path.

Thanks I will need it... Price stabilization in a decentralized manner is a tall task but I donate about 12 hours of research a day toward that goal.
April 03, 2018, 02:48:23 PM
The level of "this is bad" has reached new levels. I am paying a lot on electricity per kWh and right now I am barely breaking even. ETH is under $400... I am very very close to unplugging...

At first you may mine at night with a chipper electricity
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
April 03, 2018, 02:37:24 PM
Lets remember mining is not about profit and is about securing the blockchain you believe in.

Sure.. Thats exactly what i had in mind when i bought shitloads of graphic cards last year and payed them a lot of money. I told to myself: "damn, these cards are expensive, but i just know that they will secure dat blockchain!".

Get real. We`re in it for the money. Also stop mixing blockchain tech with crypto currencies.

then be in it for the long term... don't sell things you mine right away. If you are unable to pay for the electricity out of pocket then maybe you should stop mining. 

No, i`m fine. I mine with a plan. And it`s a long term one. I just wanted to make it clear that, at least for me, i am in this game solely for the profit and nothing else.

That is your prerogative of course but I am in it to free us from fiat which is doomed to fail. I would love to create a stable crypto that people can actually use for a reliable means of transacting. I am actually working towards a project now to do just that.  Wink

All the best with the project mate  Smiley And if i may add yours is a noble path.
Pages:
Jump to: