Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining , still worth it? - page 8. (Read 7308 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 24
April 02, 2018, 08:12:13 AM
Can anyone tell me what is Proof of Stake?

Can anyone use Google?
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
April 02, 2018, 07:53:43 AM

Proof of stake (PoS) is a type of algorithm by which a cryptocurrency blockchain network aims to achieve distributed consensus. In PoS-based cryptocurrencies, the creator of the next block is chosen via various combinations of random selection and wealth or age (i.e., the stake).
Activity: 794
Merit: 272
April 02, 2018, 07:49:44 AM
If you think $0.02 cents per day per 30mhs RX 580 which is $450 is profit then by all means, hang yourself and make sure to buy a fabricated coffin to rest in peace for life hehe

Ya because surely that will be the case forever... Look these things go in cycles. Be patient for when the script flips again. Although, we aren't likely to start any sort of bull run until 2019 in my mind.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
April 02, 2018, 06:01:20 AM
If you think $0.02 cents per day per 30mhs RX 580 which is $450 is profit then by all means, hang yourself and make sure to buy a fabricated coffin to rest in peace for life hehe

totally agree with you
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
April 02, 2018, 05:58:53 AM
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
April 02, 2018, 05:47:08 AM
Activity: 58
April 02, 2018, 02:52:42 AM
i think it's still worth it but it depends on the coin you're mining.
and also most importantly how much you're willing to invest in the machines (asic or gpu miner)

Are ya still willing to  invest into the new hardware ? Smiley

definitely still willing to invest in new hardware.
that's why even for now our team is in the midst of developing an app that can generate crypto as well.
Activity: 2
April 02, 2018, 02:34:49 AM
Anyway, mining rigs are much cheaper now.
Activity: 112
April 02, 2018, 01:15:11 AM
and also most importantly how much you're willing to invest in the machines (asic or gpu miner)

Yes I just did it but I also made 7 figures last year on the bull run. I will mine for the long term.

It's is a bit weird course coin prices  are at low but difficulty and hardware prices  are still at high marks - so obviously it is much better to buy coins instead of GPU and ASICs. Then you can sell coins at high and buy equipment.
But it is your choice, I respect it Smiley
April 02, 2018, 01:07:15 AM

Yes I just did it but I also made 7 figures last year on the bull run. I will mine for the long term.
April 02, 2018, 12:57:52 AM

Activity: 58
April 01, 2018, 11:40:43 PM
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
April 01, 2018, 05:50:02 PM
Yeah for a minute or two.

May be yes may be no, we ll see. Thise bearish market can lasts for monthes.

Or years.  I'm only 34 years old though.  I have a good 20 years that I'd be willing to wait.
Activity: 126
April 01, 2018, 04:53:28 AM
The answer would be on how much willing to spend and if there is an investor willing to spend. We can directly asks ourselves
if it is profitability on different many factors. In order for us to know  if it is profitability in all different factors , that is the time that the presence of mining calculators. So that we/ they can compute in order for them to know or asses the success of mining project.
March 31, 2018, 04:21:19 PM
If you build new Rig's now, it is very not worth!
At this price, maybe take up to 24 month to get ROI !

Oh. 24 monthes to get ROI is a very very good rate I'd say. Now Smiley As for my estimation  it's not less then 60 monthes Cheesy

As I said prior, I am at about 9 months ROI. You just have to think outside the box and hodling will more often than not help that.

There should be some trick here Wink
March 31, 2018, 01:50:44 AM

Oh. 24 monthes to get ROI is a very very good rate I'd say. Now Smiley As for my estimation  it's not less then 60 monthes Cheesy

As I said prior, I am at about 9 months ROI. You just have to think outside the box and hodling will more often than not help that.
March 31, 2018, 01:19:03 AM
Yeah for a minute or two.

May be yes may be no, we ll see. Thise bearish market can lasts for monthes.
March 31, 2018, 01:17:34 AM

Oh. 24 monthes to get ROI is a very very good rate I'd say. Now Smiley As for my estimation  it's not less then 60 monthes Cheesy
March 31, 2018, 01:07:19 AM
More central than eastern, and under 4.6c/kwh
Unfortunately I've not found a good location (YET) in the land of Super Cheap Electric in 2 of the adjacent counties.

Upside is rents are cheaper where I'm at, so right now it sorta balances out.

A long, long time ago when I was a miner in 2012, I already knew the place and its benefits. I was about to move to Washington and decided not to, being a trader is much better, I can live anywhere and my returns are better, although I do love the salmon from Seattle and I would have loved staying around there for life.

Agreed your upside is higher with trading but also your downside is lower. Mining is for people that are a little more risk averse than you.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
March 31, 2018, 01:02:26 AM
More central than eastern, and under 4.6c/kwh
Unfortunately I've not found a good location (YET) in the land of Super Cheap Electric in 2 of the adjacent counties.

Upside is rents are cheaper where I'm at, so right now it sorta balances out.

A long, long time ago when I was a miner in 2012, I already knew the place and its benefits. I was about to move to Washington and decided not to, being a trader is much better, I can live anywhere and my returns are better, although I do love the salmon from Seattle and I would have loved staying around there for life.
Pages:
Jump to: