Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining with mobile device - page 6. (Read 1561 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
October 30, 2017, 05:00:28 AM
The computations for mining bitcoins might be too complicated for a mobile device's processor. But I don't claim perfect knowledge. Maybe they are referring to altcoin mining, which is less complex.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
October 30, 2017, 04:56:19 AM
I tried this on a modded kindle tablet. I mined approximately 2 cents of bytecoin per day. However this stress on my tablet killed it. So it ended up being a net loss. You can mine on an android operating system, but you will probably lose money.

Thanks mate. That's something I didn't thought of. Facing losses due to damage on mobile hard (incase of excessive heating). But, I wouldn't mind that. I guess, in that case I will treat my already abandoned mobile device as a "fallen soldier"
still not wise to mine coins from your mobile device as it will just break it instead better to sell your device then use the money to buy btc
that is much wiser thing to do if you are willing to let the device go from that you can start trading and earn from that venture.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
October 30, 2017, 04:48:52 AM
I tried this on a modded kindle tablet. I mined approximately 2 cents of bytecoin per day. However this stress on my tablet killed it. So it ended up being a net loss. You can mine on an android operating system, but you will probably lose money.

Thanks mate. That's something I didn't thought of. Facing losses due to damage on mobile hard (incase of excessive heating). But, I wouldn't mind that. I guess, in that case I will treat my already abandoned mobile device as a "fallen soldier"
Activity: 71
October 29, 2017, 01:36:43 PM
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
October 29, 2017, 01:21:25 PM
you can do this in altcoins only like you said ' electrneum ' , but i think it's will be very hard to mine and also very hard to get profit from thin mining , but we will see soon
legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
October 29, 2017, 01:17:28 PM
Friend, its utter waste to mine monero using your mobile phone. Because it will take years for you to mine one monero using that. For mining monero you should use your pc. But you can mine electroneum using your mobile phone. That's what the developers claim about it. Even its mobile wallet has got the mining feature in it. Its blockchain will go live from 1st November. After that you can try mining it with your mobile.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 29, 2017, 11:25:21 AM
Don't try to mine any cryptocurrency with your mobile if you don't want to buy a new one Smiley) With mining people will have to invest a huge amount of money to buy mining hardware but the amount they got everyday is very little so do you think you can earn enough money to buy a new mobile when you mine cryptocurrency with your mobile? I can ensure that you're not Cheesy. Don't waste your time with it Cheesy
Activity: 101
October 29, 2017, 10:59:08 AM
Is mining with mobile device a profitable venture today? I read a bit about this and learned that Monero maybe worth mining. then there's Electroneum as well. I wanted to know from other's experience.
I would say that mining is not bad since many Crypto Enthusiast are miners themselves and on top of that it is an opportunity to do less work. You just need the necessary equipment for this, it determines how powerful your mining will go far.
One might ask why spend on buying phones. Instead get a PC. Thing is I have few old phones that I can't sell, I want to see possibility of getting some cost back before giving/throwing them away
I agree mate, a phone is not definitely useless also, it only have the advantage of mobility and instant accessibility but overall a PC is still more powerful.
Activity: 99
Merit: 21
October 29, 2017, 10:15:34 AM
Not in Bitcoin. Maybe some alt coins have difficulty which a mobile device could mine but then you would require a client from them.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
October 29, 2017, 10:12:46 AM
Is mining with mobile device a profitable venture today? I read a bit about this and learned that Monero maybe worth mining. then there's Electroneum as well. I wanted to know from other's experience.

One might ask why spend on buying phones. Instead get a PC. Thing is I have few old phones that I can't sell, I want to see possibility of getting some cost back before giving/throwing them away
Pages:
Jump to: