Pages:
Author

Topic: mining with my laptop - page 2. (Read 3361 times)

legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
September 15, 2015, 11:08:34 AM
what do u mean by ASIC? I need to buy these things and do what? connect them with my PC? or just doing it with them and not doing anything with my pc.?

ASIC stands for Application-Specific Integrated Circuit.  Its basically a specialized computer that only does 1 thing, mine for bitcoins, and does it extremely efficiently.  You buy one, some connect through a USB to your computer, most just connect through an ethernet cable to your router.  Then they just run.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
September 15, 2015, 11:04:03 AM
what do u mean by ASIC? I need to buy these things and do what? connect them with my PC? or just doing it with them and not doing anything with my pc.?
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
September 15, 2015, 10:57:47 AM
Laptops, or desktops actually, will not earn any bitcoins anymore.  You need an ASIC to earn any amount of bitcoins.  Try looking up Bitmain...they are the only company shipping new units at the moment.

I wouldn't even recommend trying it out on your laptop.  The pool will probably not recognize such a low hashrate and you will just burn your computer out pretty fast.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
September 15, 2015, 10:56:08 AM
Hey everyone. I want to mine some bitcoins..
the thing is that Idk if I can do that and you said its not worth it..
my pc is: Asus ROG Gl551JW-Ds71
CPU: i7- 4720HQ 2.6 up to 3.6GhZ
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M 2GB.
I wanted to know if this computer could earn something for me or not
+ I wanna know how much it can earn for me/lose- less or more how much per day ( if you might guess or know by knowledge )

Second thing:
I have another pc and I will tell you the GPu and the CPu/

CPU: i7 - 5500u 2.4GHZ up  to 3Ghz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT ( or gtx ) 840M 2GB

Same questions about that laptop. thanks everyone who help Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: