Pages:
Author

Topic: Mininig with Air Conditioner ??? - page 3. (Read 855 times)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
August 01, 2020, 03:38:22 AM
nowadays it is not practical to mine cryptos and using aircondition, I've been a miner since 2015 and mining in a tropical country, in my experience a good ventilation is enough to cool down your gpu's. If you are living in place that has good temperature, no need to use an AC, and by the way if you are using AC it will give a not good outcome with your rigs, because if you are not doing some good config in your AC system, it will cause static in your machine.
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
August 01, 2020, 01:25:23 AM
Where I live it can get really hot during the summers and in my experience, AC doesn't do much for the rigs. What you need is a good exhaust to vent out the hot air outside.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
July 31, 2020, 11:37:49 PM
24000BTU air conditioner.
4200W power for 48 GPU+ mobo.
The room seems cool. No any heat problem so far. I feel cold air in the room.

But i fear if any type of hardware failure hot air and cold air in the same room.
I dont want to use ventilation system. I want to use AC.
Should i send the cold air directly to the rigs ?
i use wall mounted split AC.

Do not believe the watts the miner reports, that is the power load of the core only, gpu whole is 130 watts or more and x 48 = 6240 watts, each watt is = 3.4 btu, so 3.4 x 6240 = 21200 btu, so 24k btu seems okay even though you think your 48 gpus use 4200 watts ehhe

24k ac consumes around 2200 watts. Not worth unless each card earns 5 usd per day ehhe, but if you want to keep it clean, tidy and cool, that is the way. 33% more electricity spent, a good exhaust will consume around 150 watts, 10 times less.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304
July 31, 2020, 11:12:42 PM

But i fear if any type of hardware failure hot air and cold air in the same room.

It's not necessary to point the cold air direct to GPUs, but there's no specific problem of doing this if you want
It's better if you study the air flow of your room with your rigs and make the best choice with your air conditioner

The only problem to GPUs and board in general is to blow cold air if the board is too hot, but it's for long time, can do some micro ruptures on solder, but I don't see this problem in your room and rigs
So make some tests and watch the temps, no problem
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
July 31, 2020, 06:49:02 PM

legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
July 31, 2020, 04:53:51 PM
I have 4 pcs mining rigs. Each of them has 12 GPUs RX570 4GB.
Total 48 GPU. I want to use air conditioner for cooling.
What should I do ? is it safe to use air conditioner ?

cold air and hot air in the same room is a problem ?
I dont care about the profitibality I just want to know is there any problem if i use air conditioner ?
The cold air dircetly to the rigs or somewhere else direction ?

if there is anyone use air conditioner, please help me. I want to be set up a proffessional system.
7kw air conditioner is enough ?

most of us like to vent the hot air out of the room.

7kw air conditioner is not what I need to know

how many btu does it do?

you have 48 card that can pull 150 watts each that is 7200 watts 1 watt of heat is about 4 btu

so you produce about 28,000 to 30,000 btu.

you ac would need to cool more then 35,000 btu.

I would also like to mention you won't be able to use your 48 cards past nov or dec of this year. They won't work on eth or other algos.

read this thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/4gb-gpus-and-dag-file-load-problem-with-claymore-and-ethereum-5265702

it will help you to understand all those cards will become useless for mining very soon.
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
July 31, 2020, 04:38:02 PM
I have 4 pcs mining rigs. Each of them has 12 GPUs RX570 4GB.
Total 48 GPU. I want to use air conditioner for cooling.
What should I do ? is it safe to use air conditioner ?

cold air and hot air in the same room is a problem ?
I dont care about the profitibality I just want to know is there any problem if i use air conditioner ?
The cold air dircetly to the rigs or somewhere else direction ?

if there is anyone use air conditioner, please help me. I want to be set up a proffessional system.
7kw air conditioner is enough ?
Pages:
Jump to: