Pages:
Author

Topic: MinToRRo Bitmain Antminer Firmware S5 / S7- The Flash one! - page 2. (Read 14994 times)

Activity: 561
Merit: 517
Trustless IceColdWallet

Hello Fubly,

I need assistance. I executed your 'Upgrade' procedure and did a System Upgrade, Restore Backup of Mintorro-SetpOne.tar on my AntMiner S7 Batch 2. I waited over 10 min and the miner never recovered and never came back up on the network. The network status light flashes red continuously. I am attempting to recover using your 'Recovery' procedure. I flashed the SD card successfully, installed it in the Miner and booted up on the SD card without an issue so I am back up and mining for now but I need some help here.

Recovery Question: I can now only run the miner on the SD card as it will not bootup with network connectivity without it. Should I flash the original Firmware and then restore my original backup to get this miner able to boot up on stock firmware and without the SD card?

Upgrade Question: I really want to see this firmware function. How do I determine what went wrong and how do I get this firmware functional? Do I need to be at a particular stock Bitmain firmware level running first for the upgrade to be successful?

Hi Ondart,

I was writing you a detailed email atm, please check your inbox and let me know if it now working!

Please take a look to the How To, then will you discover that the SD-Card is only for recovering a none working Antminer. It will recover every absolute death flashed Antminer S5 and S7.

fubly
Activity: 78
Merit: 10

I am at the point now where I am attempting to activate the license key so I can change to Red Z-Mod 492. Every time I login it asks me to register. When I attempt to register it says 'NO ist falsch' so something is not right. I see the following errors on the screen. The text says I have a valid license. I can't seem to find a way around this issue at the moment. The good thing is that while I figure this out, my rig is still mining with my normal settings so I am not losing anything. I wanted to note that the support provided by Michael on the support e-mail has been responsive and appreciated even with the time difference from the US.

Here are the errors I see when attempting to register my license:

Warning: unlink(/config/user_data/configs/license-active.json): No such file or directory in /www/miner-settings.php on line 212

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/includes/headar.php:3) in /www/miner-settings.php on line 277

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/includes/headar.php:3) in /www/miner-settings.php on line 277

I ended up booting to the SD Card and then flashing the latest Bitmain S7 Batch 7 firmware. Once I did this I was able to boot up without the Recovery SD card zwilla mod. I then re-executed the Mintorro-Setpone.tar Ugrade and it was successful this time. I was able to get into the interface and determine that it was hashing with my default values. I then successfully executed the Update procedure. My lesson learned here was to flash to the latest default firmware before executing the Update procedure. I think a comment about this should be at the beginning of the Update instructions. I am trying to configure the miner and get into 'Z-Mod 492' Red mode next. I'll post more info soon. So far so good...

Hello Fubly,

I need assistance. I executed your 'Upgrade' procedure and did a System Upgrade, Restore Backup of Mintorro-SetpOne.tar on my AntMiner S7 Batch 2. I waited over 10 min and the miner never recovered and never came back up on the network. The network status light flashes red continuously. I am attempting to recover using your 'Recovery' procedure. I flashed the SD card successfully, installed it in the Miner and booted up on the SD card without an issue so I am back up and mining for now but I need some help here.

Recovery Question: I can now only run the miner on the SD card as it will not bootup with network connectivity without it. Should I flash the original Firmware and then restore my original backup to get this miner able to boot up on stock firmware and without the SD card?

Upgrade Question: I really want to see this firmware function. How do I determine what went wrong and how do I get this firmware functional? Do I need to be at a particular stock Bitmain firmware level running first for the upgrade to be successful?

Trustless IceColdWallet
you can find the source codes here:

http://www.mintorro.com/help.php

Kano, what problem do you have? Do you also give away a work of many month for free?
What else do you want to stay in your thread?

I do not know what else you want from me. What is the point of your actions?

Let me explain:
  • Working 12 to 16 hours a day on this firmware sine December 2015 also on most Sun and Saturday's
  • to get out more features of this machine.
  • Compiling so many tools (see the link above) to get it work
  • I spend weeks to figure out how this guys from Bitmain, start boot, and hide code from our eyes.
  • More then a month to get cgminer 492 working
  • and also the Nicehash support
  • my mistake by acting with the cryptoglance software (more than a month)
  • many many days without any sleep
  • form March to May many times 36 hour working - 8 hours sleep for 3-4 periods, then knock out for 12 hours

All time spending on this project, about 1800 hours.

And now, you have really nothing better to do than talking, writing and acting from one post to the other against me.

If you write a song it will not be "open source", a single musical note is "open source".

You better ask bitmain where the "source" of bmminer is. It is a fork of your 4.9.2 and nothing else.
Also you can ask them where the "REAL" source of cgminer 4.8.0 for Antminer S7 is or where the REAL source of the S5 cgminer is.
That what they where posting on github is an absolut fake!

If you also life from nothing, decrease the fee of your pool, please, and let me sell my composition.

And now let me explain in german what I wrote, and after this you can explain where there the problem is:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14698985

I was writing that with MinToRRo it is possible to get better results out of every hash work

other user inclusive you mean that I have no plan how hashing works. Then I wrote:

Stimmt, Ahnung habe ich definitiv keine!!!

Means:
YES, I have absolut no idea how it works!!!
and

Jedoch, wenn ich einem Core, die Möglichkeit gebe eine Operation auszuführen = Hash-Auftag
bekommt dieser eine Möglichkeit diese Aufgabe auszuführen innerhalb einer bestimmten Zeit.

By studying the driver from bitmain (more then 2 month, every day)
Means:
But, if I give a single core more time, before I get an error (timeout),
what mean that the input work on this core was for the ass.

OK?! Understand: -> TimeOut = Work for the A = on most cases Hardware Error = Bitmain definition.

And now?Huh I'am a liar? No !!! or YES Huh Make up your own mind.

But I say, think and believe that: AS lower the hardware error AS lower the work for the A AS higher the chance to find better shares AND AS lower the Hardware Errors AS higher the hashrate

So ist es aktuell in der original Software hinterlegt, wenn ich jetzt aber hingehe und diese Zeit nur leicht anhebe, dann erhöht das auch
die Wahrscheinlichkeit.

Means:
At moment it is on original software recorded, but if I decrease now the timeout a little bit, then I decrease also the chance

Finish! And you mean that's all a big lie? Make up your own mind,please.

And I done more then optimizing the timeout, I also reserved 10 x more ram for cgminer and limited the cpu to 94%.

Before you or every other mean that this is also bs, than please just open your miner with ssh, then screen -r and press d and d again. For that you will enter the debug mode, now you can verify that your miner only hashes the half more or minus. This is the evidence that if the cgminer has not enough ram and cpu power the hashrate goes down.
press "CTRL" and on "A" and then on "D" to leave the screen session

thx fubly

Edit: Update:
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Trustless IceColdWallet
Update: I have added an automatic https http redirect now on mintorro.

For updating please use only the "Mintorro-Update.tar" this will update only the running system. Within the half time of StepOne File!

Oh I forgot, I have opened all port on the boards (9), can any one confirm if they work. On my bixes it doesn´t work, but I'm 100% sure that I added the code as it have to.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Good news i like it but it was a bear to get loaded in right for me i had to make sure my S5 had the July Firmware not the one i had in it . once i had it set to that firmware it all loaded in great took a few mins to adjust but now i can do a lot more with what i have for now once i get a S7 or two il buy two more copy's and the s5 is going solo .

ty
and

hope my feed back helped remember this is  what i had to do to get it to work , now to play with it see what freedom it gives me.

cya

PS trying to download the SD image still says Sorry, you have reached the download limit for this file. not the tar file i can  download the tar file and it still loads any firmware version i try to S7 and the only way it lets me adjust the fan speed is if i use the old classic way and it only hashes at 4.56 GH no TH very slow because of the firmware it keeps trying to load the S7 and S5 use completely different firmware but the S5 + will work on the S5 if you have so many blades loaded using it. sigh for now because of the annoying high 100 % fan speed it going back to the default S5 i was using from nice hash .I'll study it more and watch some of the wordless videos with no writing that explains nothing, so its hit and miss guessing .but i do like it but it's not working as intended and should not be such a pain to get just right .

last question was this even tested on a S5 it looks like no it wasn't ?. I'm willing to bet it will load a S7 or S9 flawless .

cya
legendary
i got into it I  put port 80 like this at end if you can't access it.

Code:
https://your Ip:80
 make sure it is
Code:
https
not
Code:
http

read father i was able to find the flash not the SD image which is what had a limit on it after i was able to read your site better Smiley .

I can only access it with the SD image loaded on the miner i did make a mistake of not backing up my old s5 setting so now the only way i get into it is if i have the sd card in the s5 . the Mintorro-SetpOne.tar

image was loaded in how you said etc so no idea wtf went wrong. I'll fix that and burn a s4 image t0 SD and load it as a S4 then put it back to default  s5 because I tried to load the default image with your image for recovering  it gives me a dead page and doesn't work and I tried other things probably everything you ask me to.
and the fan from what i was able to figure stays at 100 no matter what mode it is till I adjust it , it loads the s7 firmware o my s5 so now im gonna get the s5 july firmware after i get it back to default were i can do something,then try  sense there was a issue using other version of cgminer then the one from that firm ware the fan spins at a 100 % if you load in any other miners software then what it came with.  I'm not being a jerk if it seems I am this is feedback to me there is no other way to put it but seem to be rude im not . if i had a S7 the way it looks it will load out of the box as intended but i don't but will soon sense the S9 are out and above what i can afford .s7 should be come S5 prices and S5 should be come S3  prices if there not all ready i haven't gone shopping yet.

and this can also mean the BB files got corrupted so it won't load any pages thu the browser but will if i use SSH which i can do that way but is not to help full unless i do a lot of replacing so ill S4 it then load the July bitmain firmware and let you know.

recovering now
Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /www/index.php:23) in /www/includes/inc.php on line 31

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/index.php:23) in /www/includes/inc.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/index.php:23) in /www/index.php on line 32

so using this does work https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=007201604120945219855QObfk20066C then i loaded it to the S5 July firmware it looks like you all use  . im back to default S5 now gonna reload the Mintorro-SetpOne.tar and see what that does with the S5 July firmware not the May version i had loaded .
Trustless IceColdWallet
well to start with i can't down load any thing it keeps saying this to me

Sorry, you have reached the download limit for this file.

if there is  no limits on down loads why i do keep getting the above .

your site is so hard to understand because the translator you all use when i use it, does not work to well. i end up using google translator which actually works better then one you all use or seems to if you use the same one it''s not set up right or something .

Download limit now fixed!

I hope you don't think  i have to pay another 20 bucks for software that never worked right to start with .  beyond that let me know . Please !!! .

last thought  clicking this : http://www.mintorro.com goes to a dead page or i get this:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.4.20 (Ubuntu) Server at www.mintorro.com Port 80

The page is empty, thats right! And no other 20 bucks!

i was able to read the site enough to get flash but now after  i do it how you said here i get this

recovering now
Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /www/index.php:23) in /www/includes/inc.php on line 31

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/index.php:23) in /www/includes/inc.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/index.php:23) in /www/index.php on line 32

How could you flash your minern, when the download limit is reached?

/www/index.php:23 -> just looks for your /config/cgminer/cgminer-s7.conf (this is nearly impossible, that this file is not existing. If is only called s7.conf, but it is used for all miners S5 and S7)

I was upgrading more then 40 miners, without any problems like that.

Warning: session_start(): It is a php problem, on the first start.
At this case:

1. The software tries to read the settings-file but it takes some seconds to create it.
2. You are using the copy for more then one miner, if so, click on the button "unregister miner" on that you want uninstall MinToRRo.

Just put in your credentials again.
        Your login = the email Address from customer account
        Pass:       = what you want

Did MinToRRO recovering your settings?
Was the miner running after update on your own and private cgminer.conf ?

Honestly i don't see how this is much better then before the fan still spins at a 100 %  all the time  but now i can't even access anything on my S5 to lower the fan speed and will have to do a hard ware reset and hope that works if it doesn't then the SD way , if that does i do have a BB laying around as backup , i hope i just didn't thrash the BB on the miner now .

On which mode do you run the firmware?
on "Overkill mode" it runs on 100% Fan Speed, there is no open source code for the driver. There is one, but not that with the vil mode from Bitmain!

also i don't use the July firmware from bitmain it sucks worse then the ones before it i do use the may 2015 version forked from nicehash sense it works better then any version bitmain put out and not the July 15 2015 version you all may have , i see i may have to update to for this to work right ?

I really want to use this software but at this point in time it's shit and i can't say i have anything good to say about it , till it really works like it should out of the box  GL .. I normally don't have issue picking some thing up.

I sent another email !!! .

cya

How long does it take to recover the new firmware?

Let me know, if on all other modes the fan is running normal?
And sorry for that problems!
legendary
well to start with i can't down load any thing it keeps saying this to me

Sorry, you have reached the download limit for this file.

if there is  no limits on down loads why i do keep getting the above .

your site is so hard to understand because the translator you all use when i use it, does not work to well. i end up using google translator which actually works better then one you all use or seems to if you use the same one it''s not set up right or something .

I hope you don't think  i have to pay another 20 bucks for software that never worked right to start with .  beyond that let me know . Please !!! .

last thought  clicking this : http://www.mintorro.com goes to a dead page or i get this:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.4.20 (Ubuntu) Server at www.mintorro.com Port 80

i was able to read the site enough to get flash but now after  i do it how you said here i get this

recovering now

Honestly i don't see how this is much better then before the fan still spins at a 100 %  all the time  but now i can't even access anything on my S5 to lower the fan speed and will have to do a hard ware reset and hope that works if it doesn't then the SD way , if that does i do have a BB laying around as backup , i hope i just didn't thrash the BB on the miner now .

also i don't use the July firmware from bitmain it sucks worse then the ones before it i do use the may 2015 version forked from nicehash sense it works better then any version bitmain put out and not the July 15 2015 version you all may have , i see i may have to update to for this to work right ?.  I really want to use this software but at this point in time it's shit and i can't say i have anything good to say about it , till it really works like it should out of the box  GL .. I normally don't have issue picking some thing up.

I sent another email !!! .

cya
Trustless IceColdWallet
OLD MENU - FREE VERSION
Trustless IceColdWallet
CHECK DETAILS

by a click on this Menu you will be redirected to a file browser where you can see and check what files are stored inside your config

• click on Dashboard > Miner > Check Details
  • you get a full file browser to:
  • watch and check the files about your config
  • downloading them by click on them
  • navigation by click on folders
Trustless IceColdWallet
DEBUG

this will crawl all your miners and output one time the request of Mining Software api (cgminer-api)

you will get detailed information about the running machines
Trustless IceColdWallet
MY BACKUPS

nothing easier than that

Making Backup

• click on menu ->Miner
  • then on menu -> MyBackups
  • click on button -> "make a Backup"
  • browse the files
  • click on a generated backup (download starts)

Delete Backup
  • delete backups, just click on button "delete all backups"

Restore Backup
  • restore your backup - > click on button "Firmware upgrade"
  • choose the file you downloaded
  • click on the button "run this action"
  • you find it also Menu > Miner > Firmware upgrade > upload > run this action

Find a backup
  • click on the sign to find a backup and enter your search string followed by hitting "enter"
Trustless IceColdWallet
Trustless IceColdWallet
FEARTURE LIST
Trustless IceColdWallet
NICEHASH SUPPORT

Our build is ready, Cgminer 4.9.2 is running stable since 20th June with extra nonce support. One of our Antminer S7 is running on it, check here:

MinToRRo Antminer S7: Details on NiceHash (see details)

check if xnsub enabled ("algo":1)

_______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________
How to setup MinToRRo with NiceHash xnsub support? - Pool Mining

(stratum+tcp://sha256.eu.nicehash.com:3334) - it depends on your location - see here https://www.nicehash.com/?p=gstarted

• click on menu "Miner"
  • click on "My local Miner"
  • switch the button "NiceHash Mode" to on (green)
  • setup your poolworkers
  • click on "Make Overkill Mod"
  • click on "Start Mining Software"
  • wait for restarting, MinToRRo will you redirect to the overview page (some seconds)

_______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________
How to setup MinToRRo with NiceHash xnsub support? - Solo Mining

• like above
  • use this Address - (stratum.solo.nicehash.com:3334)

How to setup the Worker on NiceHash servers? - manual Worker / automatic Worker

Manual Worker:

• User = your BTC Address.
    Worker= use a dot {.} behind your User/BTC like this: 1QAUCDw2naJzCXrxfKARwDLyMx71qxQneh.Worker1

Automatic Worker:

• you find this function on Menu "my local miner" above the Pools
  • click on the switch "Enable Pool Automatic Worker !" (green)
  • now you have the choice between "Mac-Address" or "IP-Address"
    Worker= use a dot {.} behind your User/BTC
  • check if NiceHash Mode is activated
  • click on "Make Overkill Mod"
  • click on "Start Mining Software"
  • wait for restarting, MinToRRo will you redirect to the overview page (some seconds)

Trustless IceColdWallet
POOLS

try it: Add a Mining Pool

http://www.mintorro.com/index.php

click on the green button to add a miner or add a pool

Adding a Pool

• click on Dashboard
  • click on "add a panel" (green folder sign on the right)
  • click on "add a pool"
  • new panel opens now
  • select a pool from the dropdown menu
  • fill this form with the details you have from your pool opp
  • the field "homepage" can filled with a link of your own choice
  • note! Not all fields are required. It depends on your selected pool
  • click on the button "save"
  • you will be redirected to the Dashboard now
  • the first time crawling your pool will take some seconds
  • if you want it faster, refresh the page by "reload your browser (circle button) tab"

Pool Overview on Dashboard

• click on "goto" will redirect you to the link "homepage" you filled in the form before
  • click on "edit" will open the pool setup form
  • click on "up" sign, will hide / show the pool
  • click on "X" sign, will delete the pool panel (followed by the question: "sure to delete"
  • click on "url" will redirect you to the pools website
  • for example "nicehash" here you will be redirected to the stats page of your wallet by clicking on "url"
Pages:
Jump to: