Pages:
Author

Topic: Mintpal, my wierd feeling - page 2. (Read 2472 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
April 25, 2014, 06:57:27 AM
Is this your company detail?

Yes, that is correct.

Well, I hope I have got it wrong, if so, I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.  I do like Mintpal, in my opninion it's one of the best Altcoin exchanges as in how the site looks and perform.
The situation that we were talking about made me not use Mintpal anymore, but I believe you when you say it's not possible. So I must have overlooked something.

No worries, based on some of the tickets recently, I think it is quite frequent that people get confused. We are quite open when things do actually go wrong, which they certainly have done in the time that we've been around, but we must also defend ourselves against things that we do not believe to be true at all.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
April 25, 2014, 06:43:26 AM
I trade Bitcoins/Altcoins using various exchanges for quite a while now, and never seen such a thing. I understand that to you I might sound like I am not telling the truth.
But it did happen. I had NO BTC in my balance, I only had Bitcoin Scrypt, once I saw that I had BTC in my balance, I checked the BTCS/BTC market, and I see -> my sell order is bought by some one <- And yes it was MY sell order......

Then after browsing through the site my BTC balance was gone, and my sell order was again open........

It could be that the page at that moment showed wrong information because the page was not updated/refreshed correctly.

But as I said, it was very weird, never seen such a thing.

Again, it would have shown up in the Your Trades table if this was true, so I'm afraid you've got it wrong. If it was just in the Recent Market History as you said, it does not mean it was your trade as multiple people can have an order at the same price. I can tell you that it is is simply not possible for a trade to rollback and we have never reversed a single trade.

A surprising number of people get confused like this and write things without being sure that it happened.

Well, I hope I have got it wrong, if so, I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.  I do like Mintpal, in my opninion it's one of the best Altcoin exchanges as in how the site looks and perform.
The situation that we were talking about made me not use Mintpal anymore, but I believe you when you say it's not possible. So I must have overlooked something.

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
April 25, 2014, 06:38:03 AM
Link doesn't work. Can you please update?
The link does work for me, which is strange. Search for companieshouse and use their web check functionality.

Is this your company detail?
April 25, 2014, 06:17:34 AM
Just to follow up, I'm afraid as we have quickly become popular, we have recently become a target of people lying. Just yesterday a handful of people came into our IRC room claiming to have lost BTC and then not being able to provide any proof about it.

While we cannot stop people from spreading misinformation, I would just like to advise users that they are welcome to try us out and see for themselves that everything works fine. 99% of our users have never had an issue, but if you do think something strange has happened then please open a support ticket. We will do our best to assure you and solve the problem if there is an issue.
April 25, 2014, 05:58:37 AM
I trade Bitcoins/Altcoins using various exchanges for quite a while now, and never seen such a thing. I understand that to you I might sound like I am not telling the truth.
But it did happen. I had NO BTC in my balance, I only had Bitcoin Scrypt, once I saw that I had BTC in my balance, I checked the BTCS/BTC market, and I see -> my sell order is bought by some one <- And yes it was MY sell order......

Then after browsing through the site my BTC balance was gone, and my sell order was again open........

It could be that the page at that moment showed wrong information because the page was not updated/refreshed correctly.

Again, it would have shown up in the Your Trades table if this was true, so I'm afraid you've got it wrong. If it was just in the Recent Market History as you said, it does not mean it was your trade as multiple people can have an order at the same price. I can tell you that it is is simply not possible for a trade to rollback and we have never reversed a single trade.

A surprising number of people get confused like this and write things without being sure that it happened.
legendary
April 25, 2014, 05:35:58 AM
The link does work for me, which is strange. Search for companieshouse and use their web check functionality.

This IS true, it was with Bitcoin Scrypt. My Bitcoin Scrypt sell order was bought by someone, it also showed the transaction in the "Recent Market History" section. Looks like a reset of some kind....?? No reason for me to lie about it. I'm not hating on Mintpal in any way. Just saying it was very weird.
No, it's not possible for it to reset like that. If it was in the Recent Market History, it does not mean it was your trade, someone else might have set an order at the same price and was ahead of you in the queue. You would have seen a popup in the corner if it was your trade.

April 25, 2014, 05:23:36 AM
A lot of votes disapears...
It's the removal of bot votes, we attend to it 2-3 times a week.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
April 25, 2014, 05:19:31 AM
A lot of votes disapears...
April 25, 2014, 05:18:41 AM

This IS true, it was with Bitcoin Scrypt. My Bitcoin Scrypt sell order was bought by someone, it also showed the transaction in the "Recent Market History" section. Looks like a reset of some kind....?? No reason for me to lie about it. I'm not hating on Mintpal in any way. Just saying it was very weird.
No, it's not possible for it to reset like that. If it was in the Recent Market History, it does not mean it was your trade, someone else might have set an order at the same price and was ahead of you in the queue. You would have seen a popup in the corner if it was your trade.
legendary
April 25, 2014, 03:46:24 AM
I stopped using mintpal since I once saw something really strange. I had an open sell order, and I saw some one bought my sell order and some of the sell orders above me. And this all was visible in the transaction history, where you can see the buys & sells that people made. Then suddenly everything changed, my sell order and other sell orders that were bought by some one now again appeared as open sell order section, like nothing has happened. This is very weird, my coins were sold, I had the BTC in my balance, then my BTC balance was gone, and I had my coins back.  Huh Huh

This is simply not possible and not true.

Looks like the haters are out in full force today trying to spread FUD.
[/quote]

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
April 24, 2014, 11:41:22 PM

Our company registration just went through today actually. We'll follow up on our site with more details in around a week, you can check at the following link.
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

April 24, 2014, 07:37:40 PM
I have no idea how work the Startup in England, but they are claiming to be so. I'm finding no proof of this, even from them.

Our company registration just went through today actually. We'll follow up on our site with more details in around a week, you can check at the following link.
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

We ourselves would only recommend to store funds on an exchange for trading only, otherwise keep it in your wallet.

mintpal is full of shitcoin

Thank you for that wonderful feedback.

Mintpal is corrupt

Looking forward to hearing how.

I stopped using mintpal since I once saw something really strange. I had an open sell order, and I saw some one bought my sell order and some of the sell orders above me. And this all was visible in the transaction history, where you can see the buys & sells that people made. Then suddenly everything changed, my sell order and other sell orders that were bought by some one now again appeared as open sell order section, like nothing has happened. This is very weird, my coins were sold, I had the BTC in my balance, then my BTC balance was gone, and I had my coins back.  Huh Huh

This is simply not possible and not true.

Looks like the haters are out in full force today trying to spread FUD.
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2014, 05:58:57 PM
Pro tip, never keep any coins on ANY exchange ever.

1G4HV9UkHN6mHNDcZdLgJuELFBc8ZRUzVw
legendary
April 24, 2014, 05:51:10 PM
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2014, 05:41:50 PM
Mintpal is corrupt
Activity: 644
Merit: 251
April 24, 2014, 05:39:10 PM
mintpal is full of shitcoin
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
April 24, 2014, 05:19:00 PM
I can't take them amiss.
Its a cool site, cool system, the charts suck.

But an exchange? You wouldn't want to call that an exchange in the real world.
The turnover is marginal. No liquidity, peanuts.
You can start a market turmoil for some crap coin with 10 grand or less.
It'll look great. You can circulate coins among exchanges to mock real interest.
Its so easy, much easier than with stocks. A traders dream, actually.
Many no brain deals out there, anytime. Nobodies looking, do as you like.

So they make a market for coins they pick up on, thats in the mix.
The way they run it seems professional.

When ZEIT was running up 1000% last week it was so very clear to me what was going on.
Its not nice, but I'd call it business as usual.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit, if it were a spinoff of some big and bad bankster.
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
April 24, 2014, 12:46:51 PM
Hi,

I have some kind of weird feeling about Mintpal on this month.

Not always respecting the rules of the voting list, the new coins they add out of the voting list, ...

They earning a very big amount of money. Especially on this PoS shitcoin hype.

I have no idea how work the Startup in England, but they are claiming to be so. I'm finding no proof of this, even from them.

They hold too much money to me and they bring no proof at all that they are solvent.

Do you guys/ladies know something about them ? Am I paranoid ?

you feel some type of way about mintpal ?

you can check companies house for registration info on UK based operations
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 24, 2014, 09:10:12 AM
Well actually i havent checked the firm out, but my advice when working in crypto world:
Most of the transactions and people are working ann, never trust anyone more then your willing to lose.

What comes to the last month activity, havent noted anything special that would woke up my alarm bells

I have no idea how I can check the firm, and user from England can tell how to ?

What mean the 'Startup' status in England ?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
April 24, 2014, 09:06:48 AM
Same here. I do not fully trust this site.
Pages:
Jump to: