Pages:
Author

Topic: Moderator please remove post about Counterfeit PAMP Suisse Gold Bars - page 3. (Read 5154 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
You may not like what he is doing and what image it gives to the BTC community.
However, the trust system should be used for reporting honest and dishonest dealings.
Just because he is selling counterfeit goods doesn't necessarily make him a scammer.
He isn't lying saying their real and selling fake goods. He's punliclaly stating that they're real.
I propose that if this really annoys you, perhaps speak to him about it and as you've done, post a thread.
However, playing with the trust system isn't really a solution.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Report to moderator link doesn't work?
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
At a minimum, johnniewalker should be receiving negative trust ratings from people that object to his promoting fraud. He has crossed a line and is now a scammer in my book.

Give him a negative trust rating here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=72227
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I usually do not like to rock the boat however I find it offensive that someone would post an ad to sell counterfeit gold bars here.
My opinion, and I feel compelled to state it, is that we should NOT tarnish the good name we wish for bitcoin to have by allowing such
posts which are very very illegal.

"The anti-counterfeiting laws passed by Congress begin rather tersely: “[w]however, with the intent to defraud, falsely makes, forges, counterfeits, or alters any obligation or other security of the United States, shall be fined…or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.” The terms “obligation or other security” include United States currency. (18 U.S.C.A. § 471.) In order for a bogus bill to be counterfeit, it must be similar enough to the authentic bill so as to confuse an ordinary, unsuspecting person.
In addition to prohibiting the counterfeiting of U.S. currency and other securities, the law also prohibits possessing tools (including modern digital technology) used in counterfeiting. Furthermore, it is illegal to buy, sell, exchange, transfer, receive or deliver counterfeit securities.
People can also alter goods, by copying the item's trademark (think "fake Gucci"). For information on counterfeiting merchandise and other goods, see Counterfeiting Trademarks and Other Intellectual Property.
Counterfeiting done outside the United States
The law’s reach is not confined within the nation’s borders. Counterfeiting that occurs outside of the United States is punished identically to counterfeiting that occurs inside the nation’s borders. Similarly, the foreign possession of tools for counterfeiting U.S. securities is illegal, as is foreign transacting in counterfeit U.S. securities. "

More info here:
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/counterfeiting.htm

Original Post Here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-819417

I'm not picking fights here, I just feel that post is inappropriate and I'm sure the others here do not want to be involved with any such activity or be near it.

Pages:
Jump to: