Pages:
Author

Topic: Modify S5 Antminer to watercooling - page 2. (Read 15756 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 111
March 29, 2015, 04:54:09 AM
I want to use this for my s5;

http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=47

It mentioned that there is a left and right side.... does this also apply for a s5?? Do  I need to drill new wholes?

what I actualy need are only the heatsinks from this kit. How can I order only the heatsinks?
http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=51

thanks,
sam
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
January 31, 2015, 06:37:53 PM
Here's a question I've got still.  Tupsu, Why aren't you using the heatsinks that are placed on the other side of the boards from the waterblocks with the S5 boards?  Do they not fit?  The C1 has them on the both sides.  I thought at first the chips where just on the opposite (inside) on the S5, but after someone posted a pic. of one of his chips burned out on the S5 thread, it made me think that that's not the case and the chips could use the heatsinks in addition to the waterblocks.

I'm well on my way to making some final orders to create a 2700watt 5250Gh/s water cooled 8 blade (400M) set up.

My C1 are all Batch1.  Their WaterBlock is only 14 screw holes on one side. the screw hole on one side of C1 WaterBlock is missing
and  is not necessary for C1 blades . But I'm lazy to drill extra hole.

Syscooling  WaterBlock have 20 screw holes on one side. So there can be placed S5 blades on both sides of the waterblocks.

I like the C1 waterblock more. Look at the picture, why.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmains-refused-from-s9-warranty-buy-at-your-own-risk-914354

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
January 31, 2015, 06:14:24 PM
Here's a question I've got still.  Tupsu, Why aren't you using the heatsinks that are placed on the other side of the boards from the waterblocks with the S5 boards?  Do they not fit?  The C1 has them on the both sides.  I thought at first the chips where just on the opposite (inside) on the S5, but after someone posted a pic. of one of his chips burned out on the S5 thread, it made me think that that's not the case and the chips could use the heatsinks in addition to the waterblocks.

I'm well on my way to making some final orders to create a 2700watt 5250Gh/s water cooled 8 blade (400M) set up.
Activity: 125
Merit: 12
January 30, 2015, 01:46:58 AM
For some yes, but for most ppl it is not worth Embarrassed

Atm i'm looking for an electric boiler with coil for steam&hot water. This way i will not trow away the heat and have warm water(~40c) at the sink but also washing machines!

Yes I'm also planning on using the liquid cooled miners to heat the water in my hot water tank. One of these 8 board S5's running at 2400watts should be more than enough for the average family. I even installed a heat sink for dumping the excess heat when the hot water tank hits the right temperature. Once I dig in the pool, I'll be able to use them to heat the pool as well. Right now it's 9 degrees fahrenheit outside and my whole house is being heated to a very comfortable 72 degrees fahrenheit by air cooled miners in the basement radiating heat through the floors. By using the heat from the miners we get to radically extend their usable life cycle. Once I've completed my solar pv system my site will be 100% self sufficient, the only reason for me to swap out miners is due to hardware failure or to increase mining density per unit of energy consumed. This is why mega farm commercial operations have trouble competing with small home mining operations. However I do have quite a few wonderful dual purposing solutions for them that would substantially increase their profitability.       
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
January 29, 2015, 11:25:51 PM
For some yes, but for most ppl it is not worth Embarrassed

Atm i'm looking for an electric boiler with coil for steam&hot water. This way i will not trow away the heat and have warm water(~40c) at the sink but also washing machines!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 29, 2015, 11:12:31 PM

making a c2 would be the right thing to do with the s5 noise. imagine a single case with 3*c2(~7th/s) with inside pump and a long single pipe in pipe going to a big ass radiator, that you can place wherever the fuck you want!
That's a good idea,but bitcoin value changes all the time,is it worthy of doing so?
January 29, 2015, 11:08:52 PM
I don't know why bitmain doesn't sell us the upgrade kits for s1's and water cooled systems? What is the big deal. In this thread alone I saw people wanting to order over a 100 boards. Bitmaintech needs to decide whether they are miners or mining hardware dealers, because at this point they are just ticking off potential customers, driving away business and hurting their brand image.
Maybe it is unconvenient for them to do so Roll Eyes
January 29, 2015, 08:35:00 AM

making a c2 would be the right thing to do with the s5 noise. imagine a single case with 3*c2(~7th/s) with inside pump and a long single pipe in pipe going to a big ass radiator, that you can place wherever the fuck you want!
Activity: 125
Merit: 12
January 29, 2015, 02:35:30 AM
I don't know why bitmain doesn't sell us the upgrade kits for s1's and water cooled systems? What is the big deal. In this thread alone I saw people wanting to order over a 100 boards. Bitmaintech needs to decide whether they are miners or mining hardware dealers, because at this point they are just ticking off potential customers, driving away business and hurting their brand image.
January 28, 2015, 10:18:48 PM
Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!!
That's so unpleasant I know,everything changes too fastly,we couldn't forsee Cry
January 28, 2015, 10:11:08 PM
 Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!! Angry Sad Cry Damn!!!
January 28, 2015, 09:51:40 PM
Sorry,gentlemen, I am so sorry that we couldn't provide water-cooled S5 business.

As you can see in Bitmain website,with the rising of bitcoin,the price of water-cooled S5 rise,too.And if we go on doing water-cooled S5 business,the price would be risen to $1633,that's too expensive.Unfortunately,lead time is about 1 week,shipping time is about 1 week,nobody knows how will the value of bitcoin be and how much will watercooled S5 be in 2 weeks,for you and for us,we both couldn't take this risk.

So,I am so sorry again to say that we still only provide modified kits,and you could modify air-cooled S5 to water-cooled.As far as I know,if you purchase large amount of hash boards,Bitmain will do this business.They disassemble boards from miner,if you order too little,it is not convenient.But what amount is large enough,I don't know,you could ask if you are intersted.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
January 27, 2015, 06:34:19 PM

Tupsu, you stated that water blocks need to be attached to the bottom plate that you drilled holes in, but is this really necessary?  Isn't the 4 screws on the front frame (behind where the fan is attached) enough to support it?  The back would be supported by the tube connecting the two water blocks together.

I have built water blocks  in C1 housing .  There are four mounting holes on the bottom for water blocks and four mounting holes in front and rear. Screws are very short, so I used  all the screw holes.

Because  Syscooling   has not yet been posted my S5 Modified Kit , I made today  another  C1 double housing for my ordered 3 x S5.

S3 housing construction with 2 water blocks  is one possibility, but I prefer the C1 case  and even better S5 Modified Kit from Syscooling.
January 27, 2015, 06:11:25 PM

Oops, forgot it only comes with a front fan, was mixing it up with the S3 in front of me.  So, will the water blocks fit with the screws that hold them in place on the S5?
Air-cooled S5 doesn't have screw holes to hold waterblocks.

You can take bottom of  S3 and drill   into 8 extra holes. Bottom  is not necessary for working the S3

Also, you have to drill 4 more holes

Thanks for posting this, it answers what I had in mind and want to do.

Tupsu, you stated that water blocks need to be attached to the bottom plate that you drilled 4 holes in, but is this really necessary?  Isn't the 4 screws on the front frame (behind where the fan is attached) enough to support it?  The back would be supported by the tube connecting the two water blocks together.
January 26, 2015, 02:40:59 AM
Water-cooled S5 group-buying thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=936343.new#new
January 26, 2015, 01:58:05 AM
So I am confused.  Is Bitmain on board with this or do we have to lobby them to sell us what we need?
As Dogie said,it is unofficial on Bitmain now,but we could provide water-cooled S5 sale,price is $18 more expensive than official price of air-cooled S5.In addition,because we purchase boards from Bitmain,amounts couldn't be too small,if you want to purchase water-cooled S5,amouts of each order is 3 at least.You could send email to  [email protected]   for purchasing,and preparing time of arranging shipment is about 1 week.

I don't get it.  What if someone orders 5 then?  You'll get 2 partially filled cases?  One with 2 and one with 3 S5's in it?  Or one filled with 4 and then one mostly empty with just 1 S5 in it?
Ok,I don't introduce it clearly,forgive me  Wink.I said 3 S5,it is water-cooled S5,equivalent to 12 air-cooled S5.The price is $1307 each water-cooled S5.I know that is unconvenient,I will post a group-buying thread to count how many people want to purchase.If required amounts of water-cooled S5 is more than 50,the price might be a little lower.
January 26, 2015, 01:39:12 AM
You are selling a beast 8 S5 blades like the case in the OP or a 2 blades watercooled S5?
As you can see,1 water-cooled S5 have 4 waterblocks,so it is equivalent to 4 air-cooled S5's.
January 26, 2015, 01:32:35 AM
So I am confused.  Is Bitmain on board with this or do we have to lobby them to sell us what we need?
As Dogie said,it is unofficial on Bitmain now,but we could provide water-cooled S5 sale,price is $18 more expensive than official price of air-cooled S5.In addition,because we purchase boards from Bitmain,amounts couldn't be too small,if you want to purchase water-cooled S5,amouts of each order is 3 at least.You could send email to  [email protected]   for purchasing,and preparing time of arranging shipment is about 1 week.

But to fill out the case you show in the OP you would need the equivelent of 4x S5's correct?
That's right.
January 26, 2015, 01:11:13 AM
So I am confused.  Is Bitmain on board with this or do we have to lobby them to sell us what we need?
As Dogie said,it is unofficial on Bitmain now,but we could provide water-cooled S5 sale,price is $18 more expensive than official price of air-cooled S5.In addition,because we purchase boards from Bitmain,amounts couldn't be too small,if you want to purchase water-cooled S5,amouts of each order is 3 at least.You could send email to  [email protected]   for purchasing,and preparing time of arranging shipment is about 1 week.

I don't get it.  What if someone orders 5 then?  You'll get 2 partially filled cases?  One with 2 and one with 3 S5's in it?  Or one filled with 4 and then one mostly empty with just 1 S5 in it?
Activity: 637
Merit: 502
January 25, 2015, 11:57:59 PM
You are selling a beast 8 S5 blades like the case in the OP or a 2 blades watercooled S5?
Pages:
Jump to: