Pages:
Author

Topic: Mom - Bitcoin - Portand, OR - page 2. (Read 2802 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
August 07, 2012, 06:43:18 PM

I'll just mention this in case the person responsible is reading things and/or others are doing similar promotion.  I was chatting with my mother today and the conversation turned to Bitcoin (I couldn't help bragging about being in the black for a change Smiley )

Mom said that she had been in a coffee shop in St. Johns (which is a suburb-like-thing of Portland Oregon) and saw some Bitcoin posters.  Her take was that they seemed a little light on technical detail and a seemed to promote Bitcoin as a little to 'ultimate solution-ish' and things just didn't really seem right with it to her.  In other words, her take from the posters was that it had some smell of scammyness.

My mom is fairly bright and although she's not very technical was able to understand the basics of how the block chain is secured after I explained how hashing works (a year ago.)  She is also fairly keen to scams and does not get sucked into them very easily.  She may not be a perfectly typical target for 'consumers', but on the other hand, she shares my suspicion and disgust at the state of mainstream financial system exploitation so she may be typical of people who would have a hope of catching an interest in the solution.

Pages:
Jump to: