Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero fake announcement - page 4. (Read 4855 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
May 24, 2017, 10:44:42 PM
I also think his stunt is hypocritical by the way, and I think he fucked over "monero enthusiasts" a lot more than the "pump & dump" crowd, because the pump&  dump crowd is probably playing the market really well right now and making a ton out of these 25% price fluctuations.

Aren't "monero enthusiasts" into monero because of the technology?

Yes, but they like money too. I didn't say he took the tech away from them. But the pump & dump crowd benefitted more from this. You never know which longterm effects this will have.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
May 24, 2017, 10:23:53 PM
I also think his stunt is hypocritical by the way, and I think he fucked over "monero enthusiasts" a lot more than the "pump & dump" crowd, because the pump&  dump crowd is probably playing the market really well right now and making a ton out of these 25% price fluctuations.

Aren't "monero enthusiasts" into monero because of the technology?
May 24, 2017, 10:22:09 PM
Actually, I think a lot of people on twitter that are now congratulating him are people who profited from this either by selling and rebuying lower, or shorting. Which makes Fluffy unrightfully think some truly love his action as a good statement. Some will probably agree for real though, but I doubt they have given it enough time to really let it sink in and think about all effects this could have short & long term.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
May 24, 2017, 10:13:32 PM
A good increase in the price the previous day and negative statements coming the next day will surely affect the altcoins ecosystem. Users have quoted as a whole blaming the altcoin network though there are good altcoins similar to eth, doge, creditbit, etc have been growing good just because of the good development team. Fake volume issue happened with bitcoin causing a downtrend, now the same has happened in one among the altcoin.
Activity: 342
May 24, 2017, 09:21:28 PM
i honestly don't think he shorted XMR.  but yes, he knowingly took advantage of his position to fuck the market.  and now he's going around saying "see! i taught you a lesson not to trust anybody!"  real fucking mature.  how about you let Monero users/hodlers decide that for themselves and not blatantly screw people over.  that move may have killed XMR, time will tell.

I personnaly think he shorted the market. But there never will be any proof of that.
Everyone earned extremely well in this market in the last weeks and months, so nobody should cry for the loss.  
The gain was artificial and so was the loss.

My main concern is that monero is a great project but with what happend less people will donate their time and money to Monero because the trust is gone and their money is now gone too...
May 24, 2017, 09:19:47 PM
i honestly don't think he shorted XMR.  but yes, he knowingly took advantage of his position to fuck the market.  and now he's going around saying "see! i taught you a lesson not to trust anybody!"  real fucking mature.  how about you let Monero users/hodlers decide that for themselves and not blatantly screw people over.  that move may have killed XMR, time will tell.

Doubt it. Many are selling now but it keeps at its support lines. This influenced time shortterm (few hours) but a stunt like does does not change TA.

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
May 24, 2017, 09:09:47 PM
seems all altcoin are fake, bitcoin is the only coin to invest, i lost my btc in one of these fake coin last weekend. i will never invest in any fake coin anymore. Angry Angry Angry

In this case, you should learn how to research a coin before blindly investing in her. A lot of altcoins have great potential with a team behind who aims to develop a ecosystem around the coin and they don't deserve your hate. Don't blame every coin because you made a stupid choice with a scam coin.
Activity: 68
May 24, 2017, 09:06:45 PM
i honestly don't think he shorted XMR.  but yes, he knowingly took advantage of his position to fuck the market.  and now he's going around saying "see! i taught you a lesson not to trust anybody!"  real fucking mature.  how about you let Monero users/hodlers decide that for themselves and not blatantly screw people over.  that move may have killed XMR, time will tell.
Activity: 168
May 24, 2017, 09:01:10 PM
seems all altcoin are fake, bitcoin is the only coin to invest, i lost my btc in one of these fake coin last weekend. i will never invest in any fake coin anymore. Angry Angry Angry

Activity: 342
May 24, 2017, 08:56:38 PM
At first, despite loosing money, I thought it was fun and I sort of respected the move. But If we look further the "troll" what just happened last night was totally immature, and lacking in jugement.

The market just dumped, and he could have personally profited from it. I clearly understand that the point was to fuck with daily traders. What he did was actually really really bad... He mislead people knowing the fact that his announcement would create confidence in the project.

He wanted to get rid of pumps and dumps but he clearly made a short position knowing people would be tricked.
Some peoples new to cryptos have lost thousands of $ by putting all their eggs into the monero.

You can't be on the inside and act like this. People in companies that do this go to jail. That is not the kind of person I want writing my privacy-focused crypto-currency.

EDIT: For understanding watch the videos of the announcement : http://mea.business/
Pages:
Jump to: