Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero Fantasy Football League 2018 - page 6. (Read 3397 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
August 24, 2018, 04:35:42 PM

Can you link to a bylaw that you find credible?

Here are a couple sample league constitutions that could be adapted:

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=13grant_commish4
https://www.thefantasyhut.com/football-constitution

There are elements from both of these that I like, but I think either one would need to be modified to fit this league.  I'm willing to take a crack at drafting something if that's something the league is interested in.
Activity: 10
August 24, 2018, 03:05:36 PM

ahncddp, hey so I'm not sure what username you messaged on reddit because I still didn't get one at all.  Mine is [floam412] minus the brackets.  Again, not trying to doubt you... just doing my due diligence now to avoid confusion about it in other future leagues. Thanks again.

not sure if I did something wrong in reddit but I actually clicked on your username in the reddit thread about the league. I then chose messages.  The message to you is in my message history.

Here is a link to a screenshot of what I see in my messages section

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yx49b7awpudnn80/reddit_pm.png?dl=0

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
August 24, 2018, 12:05:15 PM
excellent post

I would merit this but I think this an alt account just for this league and I don't have much left. Smiley

Can you link to a bylaw that you find credible?

I have never searched for them before but I think that is a great idea.

Especially looking forward if we keep this thing going and everything goes the way we hope and we keep it at 1 XMR every year.

JW "I don't know what PPR is",

https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/91309b70-d75b-4c51-82ce-d8f124958a17
August 24, 2018, 09:57:38 AM
How long does the whole draft process usually take? Hour? The hours?

With 8-10 people we're probably looking at 1-2 hours.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
August 24, 2018, 09:50:06 AM
How long does the whole draft process usually take? Hour? The hours?
August 24, 2018, 09:47:03 AM
So with that being said, how should we go about vetting people in the future leagues from now on to make sure two teams don't collude together to get better players on one team to ensure winning?

In the spirit of this being the Monero Fantasy Football League (and as a participant with a pseudonymous single-use identity), I don't think vetting participants should be required, but I would also be OK with requiring a refundable security deposit for non-vetted participants (including myself).  

It might be a good idea to establish some league rules / bylaws to maintain fairness and establish dispute resolution procedures in advance of the start of the league. You can google fantasy football league bylaws / constitutions for some examples.  

Edit: Also, is everyone ok with 5 PM on Sunday for the draft?? 

I'm good with any time on Sunday, but we should clarify the time zone.

Don't know what ppr is.

LOL - dude, our league was *full point* PPR last year - and you won it!

Edit: We've got some people who have voted (only 3 so far including myself), so be sure to vote on the new poll so I can adjust accordingly... thanks Smiley

I can't vote, probably because this account I'm using is still a Newbie, but I'm good with either full or half point PPR.

Edit #2: I looked in the settings for Yahoo and it doesn't look like I have the option to change the playoffs to include a 2 week championship/play off sort of system...  It only allows me to pick the weeks (Weeks 15 and 16, or Weeks 16 and 17) between 4 people; OR can do a 6 person play off in weeks 14, 15, 16; etc.

Ah, bummer. Depending on how many players we end up with I would vote for a four player playoff in weeks 15 and 16.

legendary
August 23, 2018, 11:16:04 PM
Count me in Smiley

Great! Nice to see you. Smiley
Activity: 1873
Merit: 840
Keep what's important, and know who's your friend
August 23, 2018, 11:11:42 PM
Count me in Smiley

You got it!

Just for future reference to everyone else, I will be spotting Hhampuz so I will give a tx tomorrow to spot his buy in.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 5894
Meh.
August 23, 2018, 10:59:16 PM
Count me in Smiley
legendary
August 23, 2018, 10:40:44 PM
PPR reduces the amount of bias towards running backs due to a larger majority of possessions going towards running backs, plus the fact that the amount of attempted throws towards WRs usually are split 50/50 if there are two dominant WRs or even 1 dominant one and 3 "OK" WRs.... but the QB usually spreads around the love in regards to WR... that's why PPR is sort of a good idea.

As of right now it's 3 votes to 1... anyone else object towards doing PPR?

It makes running backs that catch worth more than any other player and there are not enough of them that are not on committees to feed an entire 10 team league so the first few players that pick are at a big advantage but anyway I'm not going to argue about it all day.

I'll just hope I get an early pick. Smiley

I totally get your point... It's all wrapped up in a debate I'm not prepared or capable to argue because I don't necessarily understand the statistics of it all.  I just feel like PPR is popular due to a specific reason and why it is a default value... it might be skewed a little towards certain people, but so is not having PPR... and so is all the other ways.  You could argue against any certain type of scoring given data trends.

OK, I was just checking out the teams and have seen this team "TY 4 your donation".

WE ARE NOt AMUSED!!! Smiley

OK, The yahoo league says the draft is at.
Live League Draft in 2 days 21:07:47
Sun Aug 26 5:00pm PDT
Draft room will open 15 min before your draft time.

Can you recheck as the OP says 5PM EST
August 23, 2018, 10:35:19 PM
PPR reduces the amount of bias towards running backs due to a larger majority of possessions going towards running backs, plus the fact that the amount of attempted throws towards WRs usually are split 50/50 if there are two dominant WRs or even 1 dominant one and 3 "OK" WRs.... but the QB usually spreads around the love in regards to WR... that's why PPR is sort of a good idea.

It makes running backs that catch worth more than any other player and there are not enough of them that are not on committees to feed an entire 10 team league so the first few players that pick are at a big advantage but anyway I'm not going to argue about it all day.

I totally get your point... It's all wrapped up in a debate I'm not prepared or capable to argue because I don't necessarily understand the statistics of it all.  I just feel like PPR is popular due to a specific reason and why it is a default value... it might be skewed a little towards certain people, but so is not having PPR... and so is all the other ways.  You could argue against any certain type of scoring given data trends.
legendary
August 23, 2018, 10:24:35 PM

August 23, 2018, 09:52:09 PM
Looks like you guys want the guy who gets 20 catches behind the line of scrimmage and gets zero yards for it gets 20 points.

That makes so much sense.

Only 0.5 per catch, so 10 pts  Wink

Ahhh yeah, it got changed, forgot that. That is not as bad. Smiley

(still stupid though)

Activity: 22
August 23, 2018, 03:02:29 PM
What the hak
legendary
August 23, 2018, 12:39:27 PM
Looks like you guys want the guy who gets 20 catches behind the line of scrimmage and gets zero yards for it gets 20 points.

Ahhh yeah, it got changed, forgot that. That is not as bad. Smiley

(still stupid though)
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1242
August 23, 2018, 11:46:07 AM

legendary
August 23, 2018, 10:48:43 AM

August 23, 2018, 10:03:58 AM
I've got nine XMR in wallet now, but only five teams in Yahoo...draft is this Sunday right?

I paid, but have not received an invite to the yahoo league as of yet, but the proposed draft date and time is good for me.

Ohyea, missed your tx id earlier, but I've got yours. Phishead should send you invite link.

I will when I get done with work today.. please PM me your email address... same goes for everyone who haven’t gotten a link to join.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
August 23, 2018, 08:21:32 AM
I've got nine XMR in wallet now, but only five teams in Yahoo...draft is this Sunday right?

I paid, but have not received an invite to the yahoo league as of yet, but the proposed draft date and time is good for me.

Ohyea, missed your tx id earlier, but I've got yours. Phishead should send you invite link.
Activity: 10
August 23, 2018, 12:04:15 AM

Pages:
Jump to: