Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero Fork in one day.. hash rate drop predictions ? - page 4. (Read 4089 times)

Activity: 330
Merit: 1
I think I have read somewhere that bitmain found a way to use cheaper RAMs in parallel so that it could be on par with the GDDR5 rams used by GPUs. If they somehow manage to do that then its possible that they could make a miner that is cheaper than buying multiple GPUs.
Activity: 729
Merit: 114

If E3 is GPU based system, it will not be so cheap. The RX 470 cost more than $300 each, 6 will cost more than $1800.

theres literally no proof any ETH ASIC even exists.

Bitmain is not going to put consumer grade GPUs in a box and sell that as E3?
As pointed out by other even if it's GPU based design, it should be using a custom PCB and manufactured much cheaper.  Not to mention even RX470/RX570 was $179 or $189 MSRP before mining boomed.  In fact there were 4gb cards available easily for $200 odd even on Black Friday.
Activity: 367
Merit: 34
i switched about 90% of my hashpower yesterday from ETH to CryptonightV7 (via Nicehash) since it's so profitable.

reasons for using nicehash instead of monero directly.

1. simplicity is valuable to me, no need to manually trade
2. I try to only deal in coins supported by coinbase/GDAX. Since I'm US based, they're really the only exchange i trust.
3. NH pays me in BTC, which I trade straight to ETH for HODLing.
4. NH is still paying significantly more than mining ETH straight
5* (Bonus for everyone on cryptonightV7) Power use is about 30% lower than ETH! lower electric cost and lower heat all around

you can certainly make more mining Monero straight if you dont mind trading on second tier exchanges (IMO), and the little bit of extra work. Personally I'm more interested in the long term prospects of ETH so that's what im focused on holding and putting my efforts towards.

So you are supporting ETH - the coin that is going to leave gpu miners alone with asics and pos centralization. Rich become more rich ))

the E3 is a GPU based system IMO. the hash/watt ratio is clear as day that its GPU based and not a true ASIC. people are worried about nothing. if the devs fork, it will likely not have much impact as i bet the E3's can be updated to support it just as any other GPU system can.

ETH devs do not support ASICs, they are just calling Bitmains bluff.

IMO, bitmain wants a fork to happen, because it wouldn't affect the E3 and they know a second fork would not be acceptable to the community. so they want to fool the devs to forking, so they can develop a TRUE ASIC for the fork.

chess, not checkers

If E3 is GPU based system, it will not be so cheap. The RX 470 cost more than $300 each, 6 will cost more than $1800.

dont think too hard.

i said it's GPU based. not that they are using off the shelf GPUs from other manufacturers. they are likely using custom boards that they build themselves that more or less act similar to a GPU and has the same capabilities for mining. think closer to something like the mining cards available.

Bitmain has billions of dollars, factory manufacture connections, and the cheapest labor and electric costs in the world. it's totally reasonable to think they can buy/manufacture parts cheaply enough to sell this for $800, which may even be close to cost for them, since they bumped the price to 1800 to make more profit.  
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
i switched about 90% of my hashpower yesterday from ETH to CryptonightV7 (via Nicehash) since it's so profitable.

2. I try to only deal in coins supported by coinbase/GDAX. Since I'm US based, they're really the only exchange i trust.
5* (Bonus for everyone on cryptonightV7) Power use is about 30% lower than ETH! lower electric cost and lower heat all around

you can certainly make more mining Monero straight if you dont mind trading on second tier exchanges (IMO), and the little bit of extra work. Personally I'm more interested in the long term prospects of ETH so that's what im focused on holding and putting my efforts towards.

So you are supporting ETH - the coin that is going to leave gpu miners alone with asics and pos centralization. Rich become more rich ))

the E3 is a GPU based system IMO. the hash/watt ratio is clear as day that its GPU based and not a true ASIC. people are worried about nothing. if the devs fork, it will likely not have much impact as i bet the E3's can be updated to support it just as any other GPU system can.

IMO, bitmain wants a fork to happen, because it wouldn't affect the E3 and they know a second fork would not be acceptable to the community. so they want to fool the devs to forking, so they can develop a TRUE ASIC for the fork.

chess, not checkers

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

And he is suporting Nicehash which in my eyes is a menace. Their constant changes in what is mined, causes huge spikes in networks. On top of that they dump coins driving the prices down. People thing about that before using Nicehash. Its bad.

I constrained my rigs to ONLY mine CryptonightV7 on NH, there is no coin switching happening on my systems.

again, i have my reasons for my decisions. you don't have to like them, but it's my path. I support ETH, and doing this gets me MORE ETH, simple as that.

And I have a right to an opinion, which I simply stated. It was not a personal attack on you, I just stated that you use Nicehash and I don't like them because the cause huge problems for other miners. But its your choice and your hardware, so after all you have to decide how to mine not me Smiley And as you said you only mine monero, so thats ok.

I am just saying.

And he is suporting Nicehash which in my eyes is a menace. Their constant changes in what is mined, causes huge spikes in networks. On top of that they dump coins driving the prices down. People thing about that before using Nicehash. Its bad.

I constrained my rigs to ONLY mine CryptonightV7 on NH, there is no coin switching happening on my systems.

again, i have my reasons for my decisions. you don't have to like them, but it's my path. I support ETH, and doing this gets me MORE ETH, simple as that.

chess, not checkers

legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
This Forked got an overwhelming support of miners who want to shutdown their rig because of the drop of ethereum profit  and now pointing all of their hash power to this newly forked xmr, I think this is not the time to point my miner too...

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Merit me or don't.
Blimey. Amazing how much Bitmain was mining!
The Monero hashrate has now stabilized nicely. Its amazing how much ASIC and botnet hasrate was on the blockchain. 70% at least.
Activity: 26
Eth chart was only decrease a little. ASIC-Bitmain is mining. Vitalik need to see the focking Eth chart and XMR chart
Activity: 75
Well, there is a big difference between cryptonight and ethhash algos
It's not the same to have 1 milion cards on both coins, cryptonight just can't eat so much cards to be profitable
Activity: 61
Diff will go up now and that's normal because everybody will try to mine Monero while is still very profitable, but I believe that this hard fork will help the entire "GPU miners" community because diff on ETH should decrease a little.

We'll see if ETH hashrate will decrease, probably not too much if there really are ASICs mining it. Also if ETN forks there should be some more room for GPU miners  Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 103
Diff will go up now and that's normal because everybody will try to mine Monero while is still very profitable, but I believe that this hard fork will help the entire "GPU miners" community because diff on ETH should decrease a little.
Activity: 301
Merit: 31
Well its back to 198Mh/s now. looks like its going to go up now Sad

Yes, and diff is going up, too... Now we will see that Nicehash miners will leave the pools very soon...
Activity: 330
Merit: 1
Well its back to 198Mh/s now. looks like its going to go up now Sad
Activity: 247
Merit: 59

Looks like we hit the bottom already. It seems like its starting to rise again. Nicehashers are probably mining it right now.

The lowest I saw it go about 20 minutes ago was 175 MH/s, now we are at 187 MH/s. We shall see. We just passed the 720th block. Now at 1,546,721.
Pages:
Jump to: