Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero Promotions - Twitter. Now crowdsourcing content! - page 3. (Read 4121 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Listening to Smooth and keeping it on track. Why not a "Why does privacy matter to you?" Twitter promotion?

In 140 characters or less:

Privacy matters to me because my account balance
is between me, my account, and the government
I'm paying to mind their own business.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Cmon, it's the altcoin board, where we only discuss Monero and Bitcoin-XT. If you can't handle the heat, then get out of Saudi Arabia  Tongue

I want the coin to do well myself, but this is not going to make it happen Tongue Focus on getting me a GUI wallet instead.
Oh shit XMR doesn't have a GUI wallet? That is nuts that should definitely be priority number one or at least done before even launching the coin, no wonder it isn't doing better.

Just imagine how good it will do when it has the official enterprise level GUI on top of the community built GUIs already available.  Smiley
Honestly I will start stacking the shit out of it as soon as it has trezor support, I am just too concerned about stacking a coin without the hardware security and paper wallets are a bit of a pain. Official GUI is a step in that direction and I am for it.

Trezor support is challenging because of the computational requirements relative to the hardware, but people have been looking at for a while. Anyway, we have a main thread for stuff like that. Lets keep this thread on topic or let it die.

Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Cmon, it's the altcoin board, where we only discuss Monero and Bitcoin-XT. If you can't handle the heat, then get out of Saudi Arabia  Tongue

I want the coin to do well myself, but this is not going to make it happen Tongue Focus on getting me a GUI wallet instead.
Oh shit XMR doesn't have a GUI wallet? That is nuts that should definitely be priority number one or at least done before even launching the coin, no wonder it isn't doing better.

Just imagine how good it will do when it has the official enterprise level GUI on top of the community built GUIs already available.  Smiley
Honestly I will start stacking the shit out of it as soon as it has trezor support, I am just too concerned about stacking a coin without the hardware security and paper wallets are a bit of a pain. Official GUI is a step in that direction and I am for it.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Agreed...enough is enough with all the XMR threads. Monero people do seem to spam non stop, and I think it makes the coin look bad because of it. It is almost like you are trying too hard. We are on Bitcointalk not Monerotalk so chill with the constant new threads.

disclaimer: I actually do hold some XMR - so I am not a hater.
Hello Monero community. I appreciate all the helpful twitter ideas you have been sent me so far. Between bitcointalk, twitter, reddit and the getmonero forums it can be hard to respond to everyone in a timely manner.

I started this thread for 2 reasons.

First of all I want everyone to be able to suggest ideas for the @xmrpromotions twitter account (140 characters of less please)

Second I want the entire community to provide feedback on which ideas are good and which are bad. By providing feedback in advance you can help shape our social media image. Lets work together to increase adoption.

Keep the great ideas coming! #xmr

I have an idea, keep your promotions for your coin at your forums or in dedicated threads, there is far too much Monero spam on this sub already.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Maybe do a giveaway retweet promotion. Come up with some generic message like:

#Monero #XMR anonymous cryptocurrency. Secure, private, untraceable.
And send 0.5 or 1 monero to whoever retweets with more than 20 followers. Or something.
Activity: 983
Merit: 502
For purposes of organization, I see nothing wrong with people sharing Monero twitter ideas here in once place

How typically arrogant.

How typically Munero.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
While most other coins have the good sense to use their own dedicated forums for this sort of minutiae, or failing that their ANN threads, you - in true Monero style - use it as an excuse to start yet another Monero thread in the altcoin discussion section. Classic XMR.

We do have our own forum here:
https://forum.getmonero.org/

Activity is gradually increasing there, but the truth is that bitcointalk is still more active.

For purposes of organization, I see nothing wrong with people sharing Monero twitter ideas here in once place
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Hello Monero community. I appreciate all the helpful twitter ideas you have been sent me so far. Between bitcointalk, twitter, reddit and the getmonero forums it can be hard to respond to everyone in a timely manner.

I started this thread for 2 reasons.

First of all I want everyone to be able to suggest ideas for the @xmrpromotions twitter account (140 characters of less please)

Second I want the entire community to provide feedback on which ideas are good and which are bad. By providing feedback in advance you can help shape our social media image. Lets work together to increase adoption.

Keep the great ideas coming! #xmr

Pages:
Jump to: