Pages:
Author

Topic: Money vs Barter - page 5. (Read 1865 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
July 17, 2018, 04:54:44 AM
Money is one of the important concepts, This section talks about money from the perspective of microeconomics.when people exchange goods and services without using money, this is called barter. "I'll cook dinner if you'll do the dishes" is an example of barter. Imagine an economy in wich i can sell services as a consultant to banks, but what i want is to buy a new suit. the clothing store that sell suits does not have any use for my services as a banking consultant. i sell consulting services for money, and i buy a suit using money. money serves as a medium of exchange. the bank does not sell suits. how can barter work?
Obviously the money has upper hand over barter system. Money has numerous advantages and this is the reason why money system has replaced barter system with the advancement of technology, there are millions of advantages in transacting with money as compared to barter system as you need not depend on someone else need to buy soy and now the era is coming of virtual currency which is more advanced than this money system and if all go good then crypto will replace the money system.
Barter system was for the people of stone ages and paper currency is for the old people of today and for young generation digital currency is in the market. Barter system was much difficult to exchange commodities into your required ones. When the use of paper money started people felt ease in its use and the proof is this that it still exists in the world.
Activity: 238
July 15, 2018, 04:20:27 AM
The main difference between the money system and the barter system id you distinctly observe is that of the decentralization, the value of the goods exchanged in the barter system was accepted by both parties and was not regulated by a central authority however when money was introduced that all changed
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
July 09, 2018, 04:17:35 PM
Money is one of the important concepts, This section talks about money from the perspective of microeconomics.when people exchange goods and services without using money, this is called barter. "I'll cook dinner if you'll do the dishes" is an example of barter. Imagine an economy in wich i can sell services as a consultant to banks, but what i want is to buy a new suit. the clothing store that sell suits does not have any use for my services as a banking consultant. i sell consulting services for money, and i buy a suit using money. money serves as a medium of exchange. the bank does not sell suits. how can barter work?
Obviously the money has upper hand over barter system. Money has numerous advantages and this is the reason why money system has replaced barter system with the advancement of technology, there are millions of advantages in transacting with money as compared to barter system as you need not depend on someone else need to buy soy and now the era is coming of virtual currency which is more advanced than this money system and if all go good then crypto will replace the money system.
Just like the time of barter and the money was introduced we are now at that moment, so hard to adopt since some were just comfortable at money itself but some are looking for innovation, just like what we are right now, other people finds cryptocurrency as replacement but there are lot of people too who are not in favor of it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
July 09, 2018, 01:40:42 PM
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
June 25, 2018, 09:10:43 AM
Lol… your example of selling services as a consultant to the Bank and getting paid with money is not really the perfect definition. It’s in no way having anything to do with barter. When you do a consulting job for the bank in an exchange for getting paid with money, man what you’re doing is a job, you’re actually working for the bank and not doing trade by barter.

Trade by barter can only exist between two people, when they exchange what they have to get another– let me say that I have a Gucci shoes which I no longer need, but needed Versace shoes. Luckily for me, you happen to have a Versace pair of shoes which you’re ready to exchange for a Gucci pair of shoes. When we both decide on giving what we have to get another, then it’s a trade by barter.
Yeah there is no concept of money in barter system. Barter system was hundreds years ago when there was no gold, silver and money. After barter system, buying and selling was in gold and silver and then in money. Now the time has changed and people are turning towards digital currency. Now the era of cash money is coming to end. The future will be of crypto.
Activity: 313
Merit: 100
June 19, 2018, 03:36:54 AM
if we do barter it is not wrong in certain conditions, but I think that means we are going backwards in the world of economic civilization, because the money was created to overcome the problem while doing a barter such as the different needs of two people who make this transaction can be overcome by using currency
Barter system was thousands years ago, then gold and silver started and then paper money. Now is the era of digital currency and the world is turning towards digital currency. Crypto is the best option to fulfill this desire for using digital currency throughout the world. I think this is the last thing we will use as regular currency and will not be replaced by anything else.
Activity: 196
June 18, 2018, 04:17:33 AM
You can make a chain barter. Do your services and get something in return if you don't need it you go where it comes in handy. And change as long as you do not have what you need to purchase the desired suit.
 Smiley
Activity: 332
Merit: 12
June 18, 2018, 02:58:35 AM
Barter can be useful in some cases, we use that in our small business here in neighborhood sometimes, to exchange some goods and materials that we need.
Lol… barter is of no use these days. Even in your neighborhood these days, there are lots of stores here and there where you can get what you need with your money. And these days when you need something from your neighbors, it requires no trade by barter, all you do is to just beg for that if it’s possible, or you can ahead to buy it from them… If that’s what is required. So no more trade by barter, although I know there are people that still does it, but it’s no that popular now.
It is right that today barter system is not working because now people do not have commodities of their own to change with other people for their needs. Money has solved this problem, but paper money has also some problems while using outside the country. Now this problem has also been solved by cryptocurrency and blockchain has made it easy to shop anywhere in the world and pay from your blockchain wallet with just one click.
Activity: 129
Merit: 1
June 17, 2018, 12:40:00 PM
it would not be impossible if the crypto would replace the fiat as well. Because as long as the barter system, there are many problems they face, that is why they are grateful when money is created so that they can finally evaluate or measure correctly the value of what they buy or sell
Activity: 80
Merit: 2
June 15, 2018, 02:29:30 AM
Introduction to money has helped a lot, since the old barter trading and exchanges would have been very difficult because the world is constantly changing and new Technologies are being introduced everyday. For such technologies like the digital currency it would have been very difficult to trade with the barter system.
Money brings ease in life because if you want to buy something in other city there is no need to take different products with you. Keep cash in your pocket and you can purchase anything anywhere. Now crypto has brought revolution in human life. It has eliminated the borders between the countries. Now you can use your wallet from your home to buy things.
Activity: 168
June 13, 2018, 04:17:12 AM
Barter is a form of exchange of goods of our father in ancient times at that time money has not appeared due to the exchange of goods with goods such as fish exchanged with old vegetables .. that is the form of exchange not through intermediaries
Activity: 364
June 13, 2018, 02:47:51 AM
yes you are right money is a very important concept but with money you can exchange anything you want better you use money to exchange with goods you want. because with the use of unag better and more comfortable.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
June 13, 2018, 01:58:37 AM
The government is very anti barter, because they can't collect taxes on it. But to live in this society, we have to use cash. I say get creative, see what you can offer somebody to barter.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
June 12, 2018, 11:42:37 AM
Barter still happens everywhere, we got ebay, olx, and etc... the only reason why people uses money is because they don't have anything else to represent their valuables that could fit inside their pocket. Money serves as their offline Ethereum.
Activity: 392
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
June 12, 2018, 10:13:16 AM

From my own personal opinion, if you have read the old and traditional way of earning, it was called barter trading. Since then our ancestors trade their goods for something they need and want. That is when the government decided to print and create money in exchange of every service and goods you take. That is what i have read something about old economic system.

You are right, that is the first way of earning something in the history, you need to trade on everything but as of today, trading is one of the way to earn more profit and that can be applied in the market of cryptocurrency, trading is necessary in order to multiply your money.
Activity: 30
June 12, 2018, 10:08:34 AM
Money is one of the most thing in the world because your power is depends on how many money you have. Barter was consider as a money many years ago and traditional way to had another product you want but now adays money is much better than barter or trading system before because you can put money in the bank to secure your account unlike before easily to take your possession if someone was want to get your goods or anything that can trade.
Activity: 196
June 12, 2018, 04:45:58 AM
Money is a tool for us to trade products other than barter. You can buy something through money or sell something to receive non-cash such as barter. The same money will be exchanged for items of equal value
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
June 12, 2018, 04:39:39 AM

From my own personal opinion, if you have read the old and traditional way of earning, it was called barter trading. Since then our ancestors trade their goods for something they need and want. That is when the government decided to print and create money in exchange of every service and goods you take. That is what i have read something about old economic system.
yeah it's a traditional financial system in the past decades, but in some areas of my country it's still preserving this barter system, but I think this barter system could be detrimental because you might trade it for a lower item, then government make money/currency with a certain rate to make it easier
Activity: 140
June 12, 2018, 04:19:27 AM
Barter is a method of exchanging goods and services little known
This method has its origins in the past, when money was not available to you (not officially money), they do not use the money to buy each other's goods, or exchange goods. as primitive
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
June 12, 2018, 03:43:23 AM
Barter can be useful in some cases, we use that in our small business here in neighborhood sometimes, to exchange some goods and materials that we need.
Lol… barter is of no use these days. Even in your neighborhood these days, there are lots of stores here and there where you can get what you need with your money. And these days when you need something from your neighbors, it requires no trade by barter, all you do is to just beg for that if it’s possible, or you can ahead to buy it from them… If that’s what is required. So no more trade by barter, although I know there are people that still does it, but it’s no that popular now.
Pages:
Jump to: