Pages:
Author

Topic: Moneypot just took a huge loss? - page 3. (Read 7588 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
February 06, 2016, 08:21:01 PM
well, why did i say months is becuz it took about 2 to 3 months for me to gain certain amount of btc and now to get back on the green, by the same rate i experience before, i would say need another month from this post onward.

If you invested soon before the drop, I'd say you're looking at 1.5-2 months, assuming another hit doesn't come. But that's the joy with investments: you don't know what's going to happen. The only difference between investing in a site and playing on it is that the house (investment) has a long-term positive. It could take 6 months. It could take 5 years. It could take 50000 years. The math doesn't say *when* it will occur, just that, under mathematical principles, it will.

yup, i invested when mp since the available of the take over and it is still way deep in the red.

well i am not complaining cause i believe in the end, i will still make it in the green. when i start to invest in mp, i also got hit by a huge loss but i still manage to bear it out, not as huge as this tho.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
February 06, 2016, 07:54:02 PM
well, why did i say months is becuz it took about 2 to 3 months for me to gain certain amount of btc and now to get back on the green, by the same rate i experience before, i would say need another month from this post onward.

If you invested soon before the drop, I'd say you're looking at 1.5-2 months, assuming another hit doesn't come. But that's the joy with investments: you don't know what's going to happen. The only difference between investing in a site and playing on it is that the house (investment) has a long-term positive. It could take 6 months. It could take 5 years. It could take 50000 years. The math doesn't say *when* it will occur, just that, under mathematical principles, it will.
legendary
February 06, 2016, 07:50:44 PM
legendary
February 06, 2016, 06:41:05 PM
today i just went to see my moneypot and the drop is really very huge for me. it is gonna to take months to recover the losses.

I think "months" would very likely be an overstatement. In post #3, ndnhc posted that the investor profit was -27.3 btc on Jan 29. At this moment, the investor profit is only -19.0 btc. With this trend, the number could turn back positive in a month or so, but of course it could also receive another heavy blow. Tongue

And in the first 30 days, the site ended up like +28 BTC, so following that pattern, it should just be a couple weeks for breakeven.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
February 06, 2016, 12:27:01 PM
today i just went to see my moneypot and the drop is really very huge for me. it is gonna to take months to recover the losses.

I think "months" would very likely be an overstatement. In post #3, ndnhc posted that the investor profit was -27.3 btc on Jan 29. At this moment, the investor profit is only -19.0 btc. With this trend, the number could turn back positive in a month or so, but of course it could also receive another heavy blow. Tongue
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 06, 2016, 12:16:13 PM
sound dangerous. must be aware about this. it's not look like it can turn back to normal anytime soon, but i really hope it will.
Activity: 840
February 06, 2016, 11:42:45 AM

Depending on the amount wagered actually. Most of the sites in moneypot has a standard house edge of around 1 % so if they want to recover 25~ btc then it will need atleast 2500 btc wagered , around 25 days assuming it has 100 btc wagered per day without any surprise variance to take a hit for the house. Due note that this number is just average so it could be faster or slower
legendary
February 06, 2016, 09:44:58 AM
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
February 05, 2016, 12:11:26 AM
Well, my withdraw came through so all sorted out now. Thanks for getting this fixed up for me.
legendary
February 04, 2016, 04:53:41 PM
which clutter up the thread with the same complaint so ranlo locked the thread

Misinformation ftw. Ranlo didn't start the thread so Ranlo had no control over the thread so Ranlo could not have possibly locked the thread. Ranlo never censors anyone.

@Blazed, there was a note among admins about the withdrawal. Not sure why it hadn't been sent yet. I'll ping it...

are you one of the new owners of MP?

as far as I understood MP paid out the OP's big win and confirmed there was nothing wrong with his bets. why are you still delaying all withdrawals?

Nothing was delayed, per se. To keep a bit safer, the site runs far less BTC in the hot wallet than the cold wallet. There were a lot of withdrawals the day he tried to withdraw, which had drained the hot wallet. At this point, Blazed had made a withdrawal that exceeded its balance, which puts it in a "failed" state for admins to take care of. Shortly after, there were more deposits, but the system doesn't automatically attempt to keep pushing transactions through that are already "failed," so it still requires admin intervention.

Past that, I apologize but I have no information, Sad.
legendary
February 04, 2016, 12:12:20 PM

Misinformation ftw. Ranlo didn't start the thread so Ranlo had no control over the thread so Ranlo could not have possibly locked the thread. Ranlo never censors anyone.

@Blazed, there was a note among admins about the withdrawal. Not sure why it hadn't been sent yet. I'll ping it...

Alright...still nothing though.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128
February 04, 2016, 05:23:34 AM

as far as I understood MP paid out the OP's big win and confirmed there was nothing wrong with his bets. why are you still delaying all withdrawals?

I think when there are several admins such problems occur.
If even one of them is no satisfied with a particular result, they will have to pause and stop withdrawals unless all are satisfied.
elm
legendary
Activity: 1050
February 04, 2016, 03:01:43 AM

legendary
February 04, 2016, 02:14:08 AM

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
February 04, 2016, 01:58:31 AM
I have been waiting 48 hours now for a withdraw... anyone else having issues? Is there a main thread for MoneyPot anymore?

Edit: it is a small amount also... little under .4BTC

I withdrawed around 0.25 like 7 hours ago and it is sent immediately . The old thread by rhavar has been locked and there is a new moneypot's thread but it seems some app owner is derailing his personal issue there which clutter up the thread with the same complaint so ranlo locked the thread
legendary
February 04, 2016, 01:27:32 AM
I have been waiting 48 hours now for a withdraw... anyone else having issues? Is there a main thread for MoneyPot anymore?

Edit: it is a small amount also... little under .4BTC
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
February 03, 2016, 03:39:45 PM
In a case where a player's bankroll is higher than the site bankroll, wouldn't such a system maximize the risk (along with expected profit)? Is that desirable, say, against a 1% fixed max profit?

The charts I posted assume the player has an infinite bankroll, and makes a max bet every time. ie. I'm already assuming the player(s) have more than the site.

Am I correct to say that in such a case, an investment in bustabit would be safer than one in moneypot?

That would depend on how bustabit sets its maximum bet. I think Ryan sets it way too high most of the time relative to the site's bankroll. I expect he's operating way past the peak on the chart, and maybe has a negative expectation of log bankroll growth if everyone was to max bet all the time. But it's not (last i heard) open to public investment, and he's aware of the risks, so what can you do?

Edit: What would be the max bet (on a 1% HE) on a 999x line on a 100BTC bankroll? I think it would be higher than LB's..

It would depend hugely on the other numbers in the payout table. The Kelly calculation is dominated by the more common payout multipliers.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit
February 03, 2016, 03:25:55 PM
Can someone summarize why the bet went through? Was the bet supposed to go through?

The bet went through because the site was using the Kelly criterion to decide how much of its bankroll to risk. The Kelly criterion tells it to risk 35.3% of its bankroll when playing the 'red' line (with 121x max payout).

https://www.moneypot.com/bets/18530298 shows <1% house edge. But risking tens of bitcoins at 1% edge is crazy, so I assumed it shouldn't have gone through Huh

People are familiar with dice site style betting, where there are only two outcomes (win/lose). In that case Kelly tells us that the percentage of the bankroll to risk is the same as the percentage house edge.

It's quite different for plinko games where there are a range of outcomes. In that case Kelly tells us to risk more than (house edge)% of the bankroll. See my most recent two charts. Risking 35% hits the peak of those charts. Risking only 1% gets you far lower expected log growth.

Thanks for clearing it up. Cheesy

Makes perfect sense now.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
February 03, 2016, 03:19:33 PM
Can someone summarize why the bet went through? Was the bet supposed to go through?

The bet went through because the site was using the Kelly criterion to decide how much of its bankroll to risk. The Kelly criterion tells it to risk 35.3% of its bankroll when playing the 'red' line (with 121x max payout).

https://www.moneypot.com/bets/18530298 shows <1% house edge. But risking tens of bitcoins at 1% edge is crazy, so I assumed it shouldn't have gone through Huh

People are familiar with dice site style betting, where there are only two outcomes (win/lose). In that case Kelly tells us that the percentage of the bankroll to risk is the same as the percentage house edge.

It's quite different for plinko games where there are a range of outcomes. In that case Kelly tells us to risk more than (house edge)% of the bankroll. See my most recent two charts. Risking 35% hits the peak of those charts. Risking only 1% gets you far lower expected log growth.

you are saying that risking 40% of the BR would be optimal but half = 20% would also be acceptable? did I get this right?

It appears that 35.3% is optimal (for the 121x red line - it differs vastly depending on the line we're talking about). And looking at the chart, it looks like risking half that doesn't reduce the expected log growth by a whole lot.

what about those 83% or 99% KC risk for the plinko game?

Those were for different payout lines. The 83% was for the 'orange' line, and the 99% was a silly extreme example where all the payouts were very close to 1x and the true house edge was much higher than 1% (since the player isn't really risking most of his stake at all when there's no chance of losing most of it).

The orange line pays out like this:

if   r >= 26333 and r < 39203: p = 0.4
            elif r >= 14893 and r < 50643: p = 1
            elif r >=  6885 and r < 58651: p = 1.1
            elif r >=  2517 and r < 63019: p = 1.2
            elif r >=   697 and r < 64839: p = 1.5
            elif r >=   137 and r < 65399: p = 2
            elif r >=    17 and r < 65519: p = 3
            elif r >=     1 and r < 65535: p = 9
            else:                          p = 23

and when I ran a simulation I got a plot of return against risk like this:

It peaks around 83% as expected. Risking half that looks like it gets you around 60-70% of the expected growth.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit
February 03, 2016, 02:31:52 PM
In a case where a player's bankroll is higher than the site bankroll, wouldn't such a system maximize the risk (along with expected profit)? Is that desirable, say, against a 1% fixed max profit?

Am I correct to say that in such a case, an investment in bustabit would be safer than one in moneypot?

Edit: What would be the max bet (on a 1% HE) on a 999x line on a 100BTC bankroll? I think it would be higher than LB's..
Pages:
Jump to: