Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌟🎲🌟 MoneyPot.com - page 57. (Read 119056 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
August 12, 2016, 01:09:32 PM
As if, that's way to simple, and your forgetting the human factor of not stopping with playing.

That's a common fallacy. Whether every player keeps playing until they bust, or stops as soon as they are ahead, the law of large numbers still applies, and the house profit still tends towards the expected house profit in the long run.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
August 12, 2016, 01:06:50 PM
That prediction is waaaaay off, if you invested then you should know that

No its not. It's called variance and happens in the short term. If you know daily betting volume and the houses edge, you can easily calculate what your expected profit should be. In the long run you will be right on, in the short run, you'll show variance. It's called math and it's absolute.

No, it's just wrong. He's saying you can divide the returns the bankroll should earn over a year by the bankroll amount to get an estimate of your expected earnings on an annual percentage basis.

Suppose the bankroll is 2000 BTC and the expected earnings are 1000 BTC per year. Using QS's formula that gives 1000/2000 = 0.5 as his annual percentage expected earnings whereas in reality earning 1000 from 2000 is more like 50%. I think he forgot a factor of 100 somewhere.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
August 02, 2016, 12:41:50 PM
Getting worst today, just requested another withdrawal and choose priority fee (200bits) but sent with less than 5k satoshi fee. Confirmation Warning "The transaction fee is less than recommended."
You said it will be fixed last night or this morning, but it is not fixed yet.  Cry Cry

The amounts mentioned here are really small, but the point is that it is just plain old stealing.
It would be praiseworthy if MoneyPot would comment on this, and nog just saying it will be fixed.

We believed the issue to be fixed, but are adjusting it to work more properly.  

We handle withdrawals ranging from 100 bits to 30,000,000 bits, so we need to find a proper balance for everything.

The transaction fees have risen from the halvening, making things more complicated, but we will keep attacking it until we have a solid solution in place.

edit; We have now changed the system to a default 200 bits fee, and a 300 bits priority fee.  You will note a memo when you are about to make a withdrawal/send.

Oh come on, whats the matter with this thing. I have choosen the default 200 bits fee and yet you guys send with less than 5k satoshi. Literally you are stealing away 15k satoshis from my transaction. Whats so hard for you to use the old system? the previous system will send my transaction with 10k if I choose default and 20k for priority without any reducement at all

Yeah, it is kind of stealing. Imagine if there are hundreds withdrawal request per day, 15k satoshi x 100 = 0.015btc/day stolen from players. It should be not a hard thing to do for a proffesional site like moneypot but seems they do not consider it as an important thing.

We are not attempting to profit off of fees.  

There are instances where we end up saving on the fee and there are instances where we end up paying more for the fee.

When the blockchain is backed up, we have had days when we spend over 0.08 just in overage fees.

The setup is for the dynamic fee to be used that will generate confirmations quickly.  It may be less than what the user has paid.  It might be more than what the user paid.

To my knowledge, the same system is used on Bustabit, Primedice, and other gaming sites.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
August 12, 2016, 12:38:47 PM
Let's say I can invest 0.20BTC for 6 months, is there an average on what I would be earning or even a potential, thanks. Smiley

No one can say how much you can earn in that timeframe as your profit will depend on how much the house wins against the players, if the house loses ofcourse you will lose too so there is no guarantee

There should be a semi predictable amount of return if you know the daily betting volume.  I am not sure what it is, but Quickseller put up a formula a few pages ago that shows you how to calculate it.

No its not. It's called variance and happens in the short term. If you know daily betting volume and the houses edge, you can easily calculate what your expected profit should be. In the long run you will be right on, in the short run, you'll show variance. It's called math and it's absolute.
As if, that's way to simple, and your forgetting the human factor of not stopping with playing.
Please scroll through dicesites.com and look at how spot on the calculations are in 2 years time.
Even moneypot got An expected value of 477btc but got a Profit of 697btc, and this is when we just had a big loss of almost 60 btc (went from 430 to 370)....

That is called short term variance.  In the long run, as I have said, you will always end up at an expected profit.  Its just math and you can't argue with that.  2 years time can be considered short term if your bet volume is low enough.  I don't remember enough statistics to show how long you would have to look for based on a given volume to be within a single confidence interval, but it def can be done and calculated.
In that case anything can be called short term in this fast paced industry wich Comes back to the fact that you can't predict it in such a short time frame..... Because the question was Profit in 6 months right.
Which makes it kinda look like you just want to make a theoretical math Point that can't be used for the questions People ask most of the time.

If you can't use the exact method to determine what your expected profit will be...what can you use?
Nothing if you don't want a calculation that needs years upon years and even with that time you still got all the variables

For anyone that want to know 1 month it turned 16,7% 2nd month it was 10,5%, 3rd month it was maybe 0-2%
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
August 12, 2016, 12:16:09 PM
Let's say I can invest 0.20BTC for 6 months, is there an average on what I would be earning or even a potential, thanks. Smiley

No one can say how much you can earn in that timeframe as your profit will depend on how much the house wins against the players, if the house loses ofcourse you will lose too so there is no guarantee

There should be a semi predictable amount of return if you know the daily betting volume.  I am not sure what it is, but Quickseller put up a formula a few pages ago that shows you how to calculate it.

Please scroll through dicesites.com and look at how spot on the calculations are in 2 years time.
Even moneypot got An expected value of 477btc but got a Profit of 697btc, and this is when we just had a big loss of almost 60 btc (went from 430 to 370)....

That is called short term variance.  In the long run, as I have said, you will always end up at an expected profit.  Its just math and you can't argue with that.  2 years time can be considered short term if your bet volume is low enough.  I don't remember enough statistics to show how long you would have to look for based on a given volume to be within a single confidence interval, but it def can be done and calculated.
In that case anything can be called short term in this fast paced industry wich Comes back to the fact that you can't predict it in such a short time frame..... Because the question was Profit in 6 months right.
Which makes it kinda look like you just want to make a theoretical math Point that can't be used for the questions People ask most of the time.

If you can't use the exact method to determine what your expected profit will be...what can you use?
August 12, 2016, 11:59:42 AM

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1014
All Games incl Racer and Lottery game are Closed
August 12, 2016, 11:47:27 AM

well said and I would like to point to a very nice read  "the Law of large numbers"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers
legendary
August 12, 2016, 11:43:01 AM

August 12, 2016, 11:06:03 AM

legendary
August 02, 2016, 09:05:45 AM
Getting worst today, just requested another withdrawal and choose priority fee (200bits) but sent with less than 5k satoshi fee. Confirmation Warning "The transaction fee is less than recommended."
You said it will be fixed last night or this morning, but it is not fixed yet.  Cry Cry

The amounts mentioned here are really small, but the point is that it is just plain old stealing.
It would be praiseworthy if MoneyPot would comment on this, and nog just saying it will be fixed.

We believed the issue to be fixed, but are adjusting it to work more properly.  

We handle withdrawals ranging from 100 bits to 30,000,000 bits, so we need to find a proper balance for everything.

The transaction fees have risen from the halvening, making things more complicated, but we will keep attacking it until we have a solid solution in place.

edit; We have now changed the system to a default 200 bits fee, and a 300 bits priority fee.  You will note a memo when you are about to make a withdrawal/send.

legendary
August 11, 2016, 11:22:51 PM

August 11, 2016, 11:07:35 PM

copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
August 11, 2016, 09:43:51 PM

In order to figure out roughly how well your investment should perform over a year, take the average daily amount that is gambled at MP, multiply this by 1.825, this is the amount of returns the bankroll should earn over a year with a 0.5% house edge. You can then divide this amount by the current bankroll amount to get an estimate as to how much you are expected to earn on your bankroll investment on an annual percentage basis.

The above assumes no betting growth and no bankroll growth with is unusual for a new site like MP.
The above assumes that bankroll earnings will be withdrawn as they are earned (unlikely), assumes no betting growth (unlikely) and no bankroll growth (also unlikely), however it should give you a rough estimate as to what you could earn. There will also be variance which means that earnings will not be steady. 
legendary
August 11, 2016, 09:10:21 PM

Activity: 147
Merit: 114
August 11, 2016, 09:04:49 PM
There is "unspecified-error", what is the reason?

Make sure to log out of the app you were using, in that screenshot you just leaked your access token which someone else will be able to use (I believe)

I tried that way but still gives error. However in localhost this is working perfectly.

did you get a new key pair from google for the correct url?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!
August 11, 2016, 11:45:47 AM

legendary
August 01, 2016, 02:05:01 PM
So the withdrawal fee is not fixed yet? This is the second time I choose 200bits for withdrawal but your system process the withdrawal with only 7k satoshi (less than the default one)
And yeah I need to wait for longer time to get the transcantion confirmed by blockchain. Wondering, how much the transaction will be used if I choose the default one. Hope you can fix it asap.

This will be done by tonight or tomorrow morning.
August 11, 2016, 11:26:07 AM
You can't predict it, 1 month you make good profit, the Next month you make a loss. Just try it if you wanna do it
Activity: 507
Merit: 252
August 11, 2016, 11:10:36 AM

Make sure to log out of the app you were using, in that screenshot you just leaked your access token which someone else will be able to use (I believe)

I tried that way but still gives error. However in localhost this is working perfectly.
legendary
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1886
August 11, 2016, 11:08:42 AM

Pages:
Jump to: