Pages:
Author

Topic: [MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP SCAM] Beware of Scammer: Bobsurplus - page 5. (Read 7674 times)

Activity: 190
Merit: 12
wow, thanks for that info..

somethin off about bob.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Always knew Bob was scummy but wow... that man(?) belongs in jail.
Activity: 500
Merit: 253
You guys seem chill. Misinformed, but not maliciously trolling for no reason our out of jealousy. I'd be down to talk to you a bit more. But a lot of stuff is kinda sensitive so I won't go into tactics, strats or anything like that.
What sensitive stuff is included in these tactics and strats?

Couldn't tell ya.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
You guys seem chill. Misinformed, but not maliciously trolling for no reason our out of jealousy. I'd be down to talk to you a bit more. But a lot of stuff is kinda sensitive so I won't go into tactics, strats or anything like that.

LOL.

What sensitive stuff is included in these tactics and strats? Pumping up a coin with low volume and then selling against the current of buyers you are "informing". Man you are some kind of economics genius. A couple people in the group may get $ but the majority WILL be losers. That is the nature of this scam. That is why it's illegal in the regulated market.
I met bob in a cloak forum maybe a month ago and messaged him because it was obvious that he's the dude who pulls the strings behind the scenes. I asked his opinion on things and we had a good convo that convinced me that he was for real. Later he told me that he was going to start up a group and that I should join and learn more. Guys like bob have better things to do than scam me out of 1btc so I went for it. Sure it was risky, but I'm glad I did it.

And, I don't really care how much profit Bob makes on a move as long as I'm making my 100%. It's as if Bill Gates offered you an $80k a year job and you were pretty grateful about it. Would you go home cursing Bill Gates because hes making way more than you are? No.

About his ban I'm not sure. I'll have to ask him when it gets lifted.

I get it. There's tons of scams online and you guys are just doing your due diligence. If something sounds too good to be true then it usually is and all that. I know I've been a cheerleader for bob, but that's just because I've gotten to know him a bit and have experienced the results of being in his group first hand. Believe me or not, it's all good. The group has pretty much reached it's desired size for now as far as I know.

And I only edit my posts when I find a spelling error, or feel like I didn't articulate something clearly.

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Considering you are and have been Bobsurplus' friend even before this 'club' was formed and literally one of the first to invest not long after an hour of forming the 'club' you sure are not suspicious.

Also, I like the part most where instead of Bobsurplus telling you guys to buy in at the Xcloudcoin IPO he instead establishes a solid amount for himself while the price is at its lowest during the IPO, and THEN tells you guys about it then to buy-in @ 18k nearly x2 his buy-in price. He then tells you guys to exit at 100% profit, while he exited at about 400% profit + all the BTC he gained from his 'members'.

niiiice.

further proof of how it all went down (bob's instructions, buy-ins and exits) as mentioned above taken from the 'members' thread:

https://i.imgur.com/LVtSUml.png

Yes, I didn't bother to link the message because I know how your 'club' is with editing and deleting posts.

One last thing, when is Bobsurplus going to be unbanned?  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Dirty investment tactics.

Would help if someone from defaulttrust negged him and gave him red. Might stop people from "investing"
Activity: 591
Merit: 500
I guess some people never learn.
NWO
Activity: 392
Wasn't he a part of the digital commerce team who raised over 130+ btc and told everyone that they are the real deal and they would never vanish. After they collect their btc, they made an excuse that it was too difficult.

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514
Someone needs to red fuck him. That's an elaborate scam dude.
Activity: 308
Dang.

People better become fully aware of this, and not get scammed by him, unlike the several unfortunate investors.
Activity: 280
Quick explanation of how scams like these work (courtesy of HoldTheLine): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8260613

"This 'club' is the oldest scam in the book - Let me explain how it works.

You all give 1 Bitcoin per month to Bob. He then pools all your Bitcoin together and uses half your money to firstly buy a nice stack of coins for himself in an alt market of his choosing. The other half of your money goes towards placing a big Buy wall just above where he purchased his last coins with your money.

At this stage he has very quietly placed all the coins he just bought with your money in little bundles up the sell order book. The last of his bundles is set at price 'Y'.  He then puts the word out to everyone "Guys, pump is on X - Target Y+10% GO!" - All of you will then introduce MORE money and buy up all the coins he has just purchased with your own bitcoin.

You will then be reliant on each other to buy up your coins as Bob has already made his money - All he has to do is remove his buywall and you are all fucked. Not only have you given him 1 Bitcoin but you have now bought a bunch of coins far higher than they would be going for 'but for' Bob's buy wall made up of your own bitcoin.

Now, Bob is smart, he won't just remove his buywall - but roughly a quarter of you will buy too late, you will think "Ah damn, only just got the message - well price is Y-10% and target is Y so I guess I can still make 5-10%!"

Problem! Everyone has already started selling you their coins as when the target is Y the majority of people will always start selling somewhere between Y-20% and Y-10% - depending on their 'greed levels'. Either way you just got burned.

Now he has conveniently placed the disclaimer 'If you follow my guidelines' in his post - It enables him to say "Oh gee man I'm sorry to hear that! But I did do what I said I would didn't I? You were just a bit slow! Better luck next month!" - Those who have fallen for this scam will probably just say "Meh you're right, thanks so much Bob!" and get back to thinking they are part of a special club.

If you cannot see this scam for what it is then I feel sorry for you, because even if you make a bit of money from this, Bob is risking your funds - not his - to both buy and pump up a coin. He doesn't have to risk a single Satoshi of his own stash for this scam to work - but you give him not just 1 Bitcoin as a 'joining fee' but MORE bitcoin in the form of buying his coins above the buy wall he puts up with the rest of your money. He get's ya twice.

Bob I respected you and your substantial portfolio - but this is pretty damn disappointing. "
ATTENTION:

BEWARE OF BOBSURPLUS's so-called membership. (posting this where you can stop deleting it Bobsurplus)

I provided evidence in his membership thread as you can read below. It was simply providing facts for potential investors. Then he proceeds to delete my posts in his thread which can be found here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8256168

Here is the screencap of my initial post: (i actually considered investing but after some digging I knew it was best not to)

https://i.imgur.com/pWdhlHn.jpg

Here is the screencap of deleted posts & content:

https://i.imgur.com/fH1wLOs.png

As you can see, he basically confirmed that he did drive the price down of CLOAK to 150k yesterday. Really Bobsurplus? Is that what you do to your own community? You create your own FUD to shake out people from the very coin you're supporting?

Guys, if you want to gamble (or completely waste) your 1 BTC, feel free to join in his "club". As you can see, he is already a very 'trustworthy' guy.
Pages:
Jump to: