Pages:
Author

Topic: More people now work in clean energy than in fossil fuels - page 2. (Read 167 times)

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
There are also proposals to place large mirrors in orbit to redirect sunlight to solar panels at night. To sustain night time power generation. Although I don't know how feasible it would be.

Cables carry better benefits to this imo. There's a lot that run under the sea between European countries already that share a power grid - this is probably the best alternative.

Is renewable power taking over? Or is it simply less efficient. Requiring greater manpower and more jobs to generate an equivalent sum of electricity? But then if it does create more jobs. Maybe that makes it a good thing.

Efficiency of both would probably be hard to measure. A lot of oil, gas and coal extraction have been automated since the mid 20th century if not before. I think there's more space for research in renewables and more work left (like making solar panels that are more efficient or making them out of different parts and for different things - steam based v silicon based v carbon/metal alternatives based). There's also different sized wind turbines and nuclear fusion research.

A nodding donkey doesn't need much manpower except an engineer to maintain it every so often (and they can probably maintain a few at once).

The highest cost for oil extraction looks to be the exploration and infrastructure imo too which might not need too many people working on either as exploration can be done by a small team and the infrastructure can be manufactured automatically (and then likely gets assembled into place by a larger team).

Renewables will probably become more efficient over time too as some become more robust (I think hydroelectric kry from dams might be close to that state as dams and "doors"/gates/locks? have existed for quite a long time for canals and seas).
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
I don't think that there are more crypto-funded projects in the renewable sector but it's definitely increasing.

It was big news back in 2019 due to the surviving apple co founder being involved.

I think they raised close to $1 billion dollars in funding.

Steve Wozniak Co-Founds Blockchain-Based Energy Saving Firm in Malta

Steve Wozniak has co-founded a company in Malta, which will reportedly use blockchain technology to save energy.

Steve Wozniak, co-founder of American tech giant Apple, has invested in a new blockchain-based company headquartered in Malta. Wozniak is now the co-founder of energy efficiency company Efforce, according to a report by Maltese news daily The Malta Independent on July 18.

Wozniak co-founded the company alongside Jacopo Visetti, who — according to his LinkedIn profile — works in the renewable energy and environment sector. According to this page, Visetti co-founded Efforce in January, 2018 — approximately one year and seven months ago.

According Efforce's LinkedIn page, the company provides the first blockchain-based platform focused on investing in energy efficiency, with its stated goal “to be recognized as the first and main platform in the world for tokenized energy savings.”

As per the report, Wozniak recently spoke about Efforce at the pre-launch for the Delta Summit, which is a blockchain conference held in Malta.

Wozniak reportedly spoke about how he thinks blockchain will be a great boon to decreasing the public’s environmental impact without requiring people to change their habits. Wozniak also spoke on the local government’s pro-blockchain attitude as key to Efforce’s decision to launch in Malta.

As previously reported by Cointelegraph, Wozniak also co-founded a blockchain investment project in October 2018. He founded the venture capital fund EQUI Global to support investments in blockchain solutions.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/steve-wozniak-co-founds-blockchain-based-energy-saving-firm-in-malta

Unfortunately we have no updates.

Which seems par for the crypto course. All of the cool and exciting projects that are announced completely lack follow up news and data.

They simply turn into ghosts or phantoms and disappear.
copper member
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
We all know that fossil fuels were really the bread and butter of the era that we are in now. Renewable energy wasn't a thing much back then but now, at least people realize the importance of having an alternative resource of energy because of the causes that fossil fuel has to the environment and how it affects the global temperature which everyone is affected on.

There haven't been many updates on this. But I would have to guess that crypto is being used to fund many renewable energy ventures around the globe.
I don't think that there are more crypto-funded projects in the renewable sector but it's definitely increasing. Everything that has been part of the side of mining should find ways to lessen the cost of mining a BTC so probably that's why there are crypto-funded renewable energy projects.

Is renewable power taking over? Or is it simply less efficient. Requiring greater manpower and more jobs to generate an equivalent sum of electricity? But then if it does create more jobs. Maybe that makes it a good thing.
It's definitely going to take over, it's just a matter of time. Imagine the amount of energy you can generate if you just have the right equipment to capture and store energy. The world can be saved because of that IMO.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1591
Do not die for Putin
Probably a case of too little too late on this one. The climate change is now unavoidable and the concentration of fossil fuels that most countries import have been exposed clearly during Putin's war. Energy weaponised, people unable to pay their bills and governments basically handing our money that will not go to education or health systems.

And I am pessimistic - I believe that it will be forgotten and we will still not develop renewables as they should.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Nearly 40 million people worldwide work in jobs related to clean energy, according to a Sept. 8 report from the International Energy Agency. That number represents 56% of total energy sector employment, meaning that, for the first time ever, clean energy jobs outnumber those involved in producing, transporting, and burning fossil fuels.

The clean energy jobs includes those upstream, like building solar panels and producing crops for biofuels, as well as downstream, like operating wind farms, installing energy efficiency upgrades in buildings, and selling electric vehicles.

The majority shifted during the pandemic, the report says; in 2019, clean energy was just shy of half of jobs.

Since the pandemic, clean energy has accounted for “virtually all of the growth in energy employment,” the report says. That’s largely due to the opening of large new manufacturing facilities for solar and electric vehicles, especially in China.

In spite of headwinds from rising raw material prices and trade disruptions, the report projects clean energy job growth to steam ahead, adding at least 13 million new jobs by 2030, and more than offsetting the continuing loss of jobs in fossil fuels.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/more-people-now-clean-energy-151000220.html

That would seem to correlate with other sources of data.

There are also proposals to place large mirrors in orbit to redirect sunlight to solar panels at night. To sustain night time power generation. Although I don't know how feasible it would be.

Awhile ago apple co founder Steve Wozniak helped found a crypto project to help fund alternative and renewable forms of energy. There haven't been many updates on this. But I would have to guess that crypto is being used to fund many renewable energy ventures around the globe.

Pages:
Jump to: