Pages:
Author

Topic: More proof that savegox.com is a sham. - page 2. (Read 29680 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
To sign up for the Coinsummit you can register yourself as:

- Pre-series A Entrepreneur

- Post-series A Entrepreneur

- Angel Investor

- VC or PE professional

- Service Provider (e.g. Lawyer, Banker, Headhunter)

- Hedge Fund professional

- Corporate

...or "other".

Couldn't they have at least allowed me to save face by putting myself down as "Joe Bloggs" ?   Tongue
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
Reddit is blowing up.
Activity: 644
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

I found this site: http://www.coinsumm.it/

What's with the dates - is this thing in July or did it already happen in March?

Anyone?

EDIT: Got it now - the site has two events mixed up. Please don't worry about my question any more.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
Obviously, the above doesn't relate to Brock Pierce or Danny Brewster. What was your question again?
No further questions, Your Honor.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

Among the speakers are Brock Pierce, [ ... ]
I thought that "serial entrepreneur" was a mocking term, like "serial killer", "serial rapist", etc.  Funny to see him describe himself as such.

Danny Brewster of Neo&Bee was a serial entrepreneur too, it seems.  Tongue

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/serial-entrepreneur.html

An entrepreneur who continuously comes up with new ideas and starts new businesses. As opposed to a typical entrepreneur, who will often come up with an idea, start the company, and then see it through and play an important role in the day to day functioning of the new company, a serial entrepreneur will often come up with the idea and get things started, but then give responsibility to someone else and move on to a new idea and a new venture. This can be a good thing if the individual has lots of unique ideas and is the best one suited to get each one started, but can be a bad thing if the individual stops putting time into a company that needs his or her help, in order to try to move forward with a new idea that may or may not succeed.

Obviously, the above doesn't relate to Brock Pierce or Danny Brewster. What was your question again?

Among the speakers are Brock Pierce, Shakil Khan and Roger Ver. A lot of other "Angel-Investors" will also speak there. So these AIs maybe belong to the same network (more or less) and do not want to hurt each other too much, because it would negatively affect the group?

I was reading about Amir Taaki & friends and the Intersango gox in some other thread.  There they mentioned that Amir was organizing a London Summit.  Is it this one?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

reminds me of this one:

Cheesy

EDIT: Only difference: There have never been allegations against Sergei Mavrodi concerning child abuse.

EDIT2: And Mavrodi was not able to pay millions of $ to avoid a court case.

Among the speakers are Brock Pierce, [ ... ]
I thought that "serial entrepreneur" was a mocking term, like "serial killer", "serial rapist", etc.  Funny to see him describe himself as such.

Danny Brewster of Neo&Bee was a serial entrepreneur too, it seems.  Tongue
Something is brewing:

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/951-post-your-bitcoin-foundation-resignations-here/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2589v1/bitcoin_foundation_resignation_over_brock_pierce_1/

(...) the fact that within 24 hours about 5% of only 140 or so members said goodbye to their membership. At LEAST that. (...)

legendary
I am only wondering, why all the bitcoin-media is not covering the shady history of this Brock Pierce guy?
Good question. Who supports that media, e.g. Coindesk? Not small investors, I would think... Perhaps some people with large MtGOX balances?   Tongue

founder and owner of coindesk is Shakil Khan. He is invested in SecondMarket and BitPay. BitPay is a competitor to GoCoin (Brock Pierce). Although I do not think that there is real competition among the two, because Pierce´s investments seem to focus primarily on asia/china (KnC-miner, Robocoin).

Among the speakers are Brock Pierce, Shakil Khan and Roger Ver. A lot of other "Angel-Investors" will also speak there. So these AIs maybe belong to the same network (more or less) and do not want to hurt each other too much, because it would negatively affect the group?

One thing is interesting though: Above each speaker´s name is a photograph, but the picture of Pierce is not a photograph.

There's a Michael Jackson and a Johnson pic. Perhaps, he felt he couldn't compete. Besides, he's the only one in the group that has his likeness on physical bills.

I am only wondering, why all the bitcoin-media is not covering the shady history of this Brock Pierce guy?
Good question. Who supports that media, e.g. Coindesk? Not small investors, I would think... Perhaps some people with large MtGOX balances?   Tongue

founder and owner of coindesk is Shakil Khan. He is invested in SecondMarket and BitPay. BitPay is a competitor to GoCoin (Brock Pierce). Although I do not think that there is real competition among the two, because Pierce´s investments seem to focus primarily on asia/china (KnC-miner, Robocoin).

One thing is interesting though: Above each speaker´s name is a photograph, but the picture of Pierce is not a photograph.

legendary
wtf is this serious ?

Nah! I made it all up for my thesis on trolling. The professor said that the facts where pretty good, but the grammar and presentation sucked, so he gave me a D- for deffort.  Roll Eyes

i found this humorous. hi Phinn! still gumshoeing on forums i see? good work!

Damn straight, with case in point I did some more gumshoeing via Google and you won't believe what I discovered. I discovered what gumshoeing is. BTW, thanks, bud.

@Phinnaeus Gage

Thank you very much for the information about sunlot and Brock Pierce.

I remember the case Bruce Wagener and how mtgox (Mark Karpales) defended its affiliation with him, even when there was no doubt about his shady/criminal history.

Yet back then, bitcoiners did generally not tolerate, that a pedophile conartist promotes their beloved investment.

Today it seems to be different. A simple google search is required to reveal the shady history of Brock Pierce and yet this guy gets not only a lot of positive media attention, but also a director seat at the Bitcoin Foundation.

Someone kick these bitcoin-media-sunlot-cheerleaders please.

And, thank you, too, bud. (a five word sentence with three commas, that can't me right, thus Google it)
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Your Argument is Irrelephant
wtf is this serious ?

Nah! I made it all up for my thesis on trolling. The professor said that the facts where pretty good, but the grammar and presentation sucked, so he gave me a D- for deffort.  Roll Eyes

i found this humorous. hi Phinn! still gumshoeing on forums i see? good work!
@Phinnaeus Gage

Thank you very much for the information about sunlot and Brock Pierce.

I remember the case Bruce Wagener and how mtgox (Mark Karpales) defended its affiliation with him, even when there was no doubt about his shady/criminal history.

Yet back then, bitcoiners did generally not tolerate, that a pedophile conartist promotes their beloved investment.

Today it seems to be different. A simple google search is required to reveal the shady history of Brock Pierce and yet this guy gets not only a lot of positive media attention, but also a director seat at the Bitcoin Foundation.

Someone kick these bitcoin-media-sunlot-cheerleaders please.
I think I need to take a silkwood shower.

An ex-girlfriend and a songwriter friend of mine, whose daughter is a Bitcoiner, are in a dance scene together in that movie, of which was filmed in Nashville.

Note to self: Dig up that pic of her, I and Chuck Seals taken at one of the shows I hosted. Chuck showed up with an RV full of 13 guys from California, all of which were over 21-years-old. Chuck was Dan's uncle, and he had one major hit under his belt, of which was sung by Patsy Cline's during her last recorded session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fklJZDtEM4

After reading that its the only way to get that fresh feeling.
Activity: 352
https://www.realitykeys.com
Maybe, but AFAIK in Japan, as in any coutry, the owners of a failed company have the lowest priority for asset distribution.  They only get what is left after all the other creditors (including employees, and, hopefully depositors) have been fully paid.  In this case, since assets < debts, that is nothing.

Yup, that's how liquidation works in Japan. Obviously if it was possible to avoid liquidation that would be a much better deal for Mark personally, who IIUC is owed huge amounts of Bitcoins by Gox the company, and outside a liquidation the company wouldn't be able to write off what it owes him unless he agreed to let them.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
I do NOT know the details or the extent to which Karpeles or Gonzague would be immunized from liability in a rehab scenario.
We know about Gonzague, the Sunlot PR guy said it explicitly:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6511936

I do not know about Mark.  Ostensibly, AFAIK, it would depend on the results of that investigation. I asked the PR guy about it, but he did not answer.  In fact it seems that he stopped posting on that thread at about that time (a thread that he himself created for that purpose).

Maybe Savegox needs a better spokesperson? 

Savegox may be seeking to relieve certain folks from liability including Gonzague and Mccaleb; however, the power to decide to relieve some persons from liability is NOT merely with Savegox.  Various customers would need to choose to agree to such a waiver, and the court would need to be willing to go along with such waivers.  Additionally, waivers from civil liability would NOT necessarily relieve these guys from criminal liability - however, I doubt that any government authority would necessarily pursue criminal liability, if there were some meaningful global settlement agreement that effectively outlines a transition of GOX and a meaningful path forward for GOX.

A practical matter sometimes is to seek the cooperation of some persons within in order to gather evidence and to hold the most culpable persons responsible.  I am NOT sure about the practicality of this.. but if the hunch is that Mark took the coins, then it may be best to get the cooperation of the lower two guys.  On the other hand, if all three were running off with coins, then relieving 2 out of 3 might NOT be the fair and just approach.

However, it does appear that the Japanese system is fairly deferential to corporate leaders - accordingly, it remains quite unclear how extensive or remedial any liquidation plan would be.

Maybe, but AFAIK in Japan, as in any coutry, the owners of a failed company have the lowest priority for asset distribution.  They only get what is left after all the other creditors (including employees, and, hopefully depositors) have been fully paid.  In this case, since assets < debts, that is nothing.

If truly some investigation were to take place and more coins could be found or the personal assets of Karpeles or some of the other top folks could be taken, then maybe liquidation could go farther in the furtherance of substantive justice.  I doubt that would be the case, but maybe I am NOT knowledgeable enough  to realize that there could be some serious pursuit and tracing of the purported "lost" coins under a liquidation scenario.

legendary

An ex-girlfriend and a songwriter friend of mine, whose daughter is a Bitcoiner, are in a dance scene together in that movie, of which was filmed in Nashville.

Note to self: Dig up that pic of her, I and Chuck Seals taken at one of the shows I hosted. Chuck showed up with an RV full of 13 guys from California, all of which were over 21-years-old. Chuck was Dan's uncle, and he had one major hit under his belt, of which was sung by Patsy Cline's during her last recorded session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fklJZDtEM4
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
WOW Mark Rectum is perfect for the bitcoin foundation.
He would fit Right In There.
Nice n tight with the rest of those phony fkn assholes. Disband that scammy bunch already.
They have even listed Satoshi as a founder. Scammy, unethical bastards.
thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: