Pages:
Author

Topic: More than 1,200 new planets that could hold life found - page 9. (Read 7395 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
The "Goldilocks" zone. Heh. Question for you guys: do you think if we observed one of those planets where life is just starting, that life would proceed in approximately the same way it theoretically did on Earth? Or would the life be fundamentally different perhaps? Would there be mammals, bacteria, viruses, amphibians, or something else completely? Given the environment is relatively the same.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
There are liquid lakes on mars, and most definitely life. Dont trust NASA.

We should all trust you instead because you are from Mars...

Huh are you retarded?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

We should all trust you instead because you are from Mars...

Activity: 36
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Are you sure the aliens are not the ones teaching us how to relocate to another planet?

Good point. Illegal aliens are showing us how to do it, simply by coming up from Mexico. Just do it, right?

Cool
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Are you sure the aliens are not the ones teaching us how to relocate to another planet?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
Just read this article on CNN website and I am excited for scientist to find planet similar to us where we live like earth. Hope in the near future, we an choose a planet where we want to live Wink

This is still very distant future.
It's sad that we destroyed our planet earth so much, and now we have to think about settling other planets.
But, if we will destroy other planets to, maybe better we never leave our planet earth Smiley
Any way, it's great news that scientists find more than 1,200 new planets that could hold life found but it's good possibility that there is no life nor living conditions on this planets.
Don't become overexcited!

You do not have the power to keep us from being overexcited and happy about that news.

Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Just read this article on CNN website and I am excited for scientist to find planet similar to us where we live like earth. Hope in the near future, we an choose a planet where we want to live Wink

This is still very distant future.
It's sad that we destroyed our planet earth so much, and now we have to think about settling other planets.
But, if we will destroy other planets to, maybe better we never leave our planet earth Smiley
Any way, it's great news that scientists find more than 1,200 new planets that could hold life found but it's good possibility that there is no life nor living conditions on this planets.
Don't become overexcited!
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
legendary

anyone who is intelligent enough knows that there can be a life similar to earth on other planets. because everyone knows a little bit about universe.
 nobody convinces me that earth is the only planet which has life..

Anyone who is intelligent realizes that it is only a guess that there is life out there.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
That's absolutely fucking awesome, so fuck you guys, I'm out, I'll be heading to one of these planets, if they have atmosphere and vegetation that's good enough for me, this planet sucks.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
The world we are living in is getting smaller and more dangerous to live in everyday. Let's hope that by the time this place is almost uninhabitable, there'd be somewhere where our descendants could migrate to. It's not a matter of how, it's a matter of when.

I would say the exact opposite Smiley HOW is the most fundamental question.
Right now we we have an option of building multi generational ark with a supply
of frozen genetic material for diversity of future ark generations.
Conventional propelling systems of today however will be a huge problem.
With today technology it would be easy to make an ark, already on the orbit.
What about material endurance? Can a ship withstand 10K~100K years trip?
Would ethics allow us to send 300-500 people in to vastness of space?            for certain death Undecided 
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
The world we are living in is getting smaller and more dangerous to live in everyday. Let's hope that by the time this place is almost uninhabitable, there'd be somewhere where our descendants could migrate to. It's not a matter of how, it's a matter of when.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
I suspect that there is something about space travel, other planets, and aliens that we keep missing and it smacking us all right in the face every second of every day. That's what I think is going on here and now on this planet.
legendary
Believe we need to drink grape Kool aid when the next comet comes by so we can catch a ride through the cosmos.
Anyone else pumped or what?

The exploration of space seems inevitable now maybe not in any current generation alive but very soon.

And nike shoes...

Of course, there are always the Phoenix asteroids... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luaRtGn2tsI#t=5m52s.

Cool
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
Believe we need to drink grape Kool aid when the next comet comes by so we can catch a ride through the cosmos.
Anyone else pumped or what?

The exploration of space seems inevitable now maybe not in any current generation alive but very soon.

And nike shoes...

Activity: 51
Hmm interesting where did the source come from?
Pages:
Jump to: