Pages:
Author

Topic: Most Hodlers have now turned to Traders? - page 3. (Read 695 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 1
January 25, 2019, 04:25:25 AM
Many hodlers now are selling their coins to have a capital for trading to recover their losses on this bear market. Well, I think for now that will be the best decision. The crypto market now is stable and it is good for trading.

What do you think guys is the best thing to do this time? Hodl and wait or Trade and get profit.
As expected, you cannot continue to just hold your cryptocurrencies without thinking of another diversification move to expand your portfolio. It is good to always trade your holdings.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
January 25, 2019, 04:08:06 AM
if I think I want to get better profits, I think I will hold back some time to wait for the bear market to be really stable, because now the market price is still not good, so I prefer to hold it back.
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
January 25, 2019, 04:04:58 AM
With this current market's situation, most of hodlers aims to trade because in trading there would be a chance of earning even not that much while in holding there is no assurance of when you can meet profit.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
January 25, 2019, 04:03:21 AM
Many hodlers now are selling their coins to have a capital for trading to recover their losses on this bear market. Well, I think for now that will be the best decision. The crypto market now is stable and it is good for trading.

What do you think guys is the best thing to do this time? Hodl and wait or Trade and get profit.

I'm still hodling my assets but I trade as well. It is not easy to trade in this market though. Most coin volumes are very low and not encouraging. Best to keep holding while taking time off crypto
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 25, 2019, 04:01:00 AM
if they intend to become holders, they cannot sell in the middle of the road because of the current price conditions?
It's why holders are turning into traders, they can shift at any moment that they want and they can break their strategy for being a long term holder in the middle of journey.
that means they don't have the character as holders
Characters are useless if your fund is starting to melt.
because when you become a holder then trust and patience for the coin they buy must be there, if they turn into traders because of the price conditions they are not actual holders #imo
There's nothing wrong if you will be called trader or holder, there's no problem on it.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
January 25, 2019, 12:46:48 AM

It is depends on that person, but i think some traders already take a rest and change to holder to make sure their assets is safe. Like some of my friends they not trading very much for now because bear market not really good to do trade.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
January 25, 2019, 12:25:05 AM
How can this be possible when there's literally no liquidity in the market? Unfortunately a lot of low quality assets have turned many investors into bag holders for now and not much profits can be made in a bear market from these sorts of investments so it's probably best to wait for the next time the market sees a major turn around as there should be some gains if the projects are of good quality
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
January 24, 2019, 01:30:07 AM
if they intend to become holders, they cannot sell in the middle of the road because of the current price conditions? that means they don't have the character as holders, because when you become a holder then trust and patience for the coin they buy must be there, if they turn into traders because of the price conditions they are not actual holders #imo
If they are holding, they can hold for as long as they like. Even for a day. Buy a coin today, hold it for a week and then sell it. You are still a holder. You can sell whenever you like. That is why it is important to fix some specific goals of profit/loss. Trading is something totally different than holding.
Just remember, the price is bound to increase in the long run. So long run holders actually will be making profit.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
January 24, 2019, 01:21:07 AM
I dont think holder is a good term to call a long-term trader.
You misunderstood that. HODLER is long term holding not long term trader, OP didn't called holders as long term traders.

So, what you call holders are not becoming traders but they are trader who start trading their fund because of the market drops and trying to recover their loss.
Holders can shift to traders just to avoid further losses and they are trying revive their portfolio's though, I'll remain as a holder.
if they intend to become holders, they cannot sell in the middle of the road because of the current price conditions? that means they don't have the character as holders, because when you become a holder then trust and patience for the coin they buy must be there, if they turn into traders because of the price conditions they are not actual holders #imo
Activity: 1876
Merit: 289
Zawardo
January 24, 2019, 01:04:30 AM
for me both holding cryptos and trading, but it's up to you what strategy for you to make profit this stable market, it's good to buy crypto now and hold for long term, but it's good trading as well with this condition of the market.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 468
January 24, 2019, 12:54:18 AM

Yea, trading is a way to make profit even on such bad bear market. Search for a new ways to make profits is better, than do nothing and see how your portfolio going down.
the best decision for now is to trade instead of having to hold a hold that spends a lot of time. provided you have to understand how to trade or at the expense of some of your funds for learning trading. I think it will be better than holding
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
January 24, 2019, 12:47:33 AM

Yea, trading is a way to make profit even on such bad bear market. Search for a new ways to make profits is better, than do nothing and see how your portfolio going down.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
January 24, 2019, 12:25:47 AM
If you CAN trade then sure do trading. But, if you suck at it then holding will be a better choice.
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
January 23, 2019, 11:58:19 PM
The market is really stable over past month hovering around $3500 to $4000 mark, really a good idea, but I do think to convert all holding investment for trading amount, can take a portion of all investment to be used for trading is a good idea as market is still not on upward trend, it is only going down.
Activity: 826
Merit: 252
January 23, 2019, 11:49:42 PM

This time market is not stable but sideways but down trend still running, I think you should include your analysis into your post. Stable is when price action cross the limit for buy/ sell and try to find where the go. Many people give advice to recovery their asset with trading by selling their coins but they didn't realize that if trading also can make them broke. I prefer to keep hold and try use your skill into another on line activity, such as blog, you tube channel or facebook ads.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 23, 2019, 11:43:52 PM
I dont think holder is a good term to call a long-term trader.
You misunderstood that. HODLER is long term holding not long term trader, OP didn't called holders as long term traders.

So, what you call holders are not becoming traders but they are trader who start trading their fund because of the market drops and trying to recover their loss.
Holders can shift to traders just to avoid further losses and they are trying revive their portfolio's though, I'll remain as a holder.
Activity: 581
January 23, 2019, 11:42:16 PM
Perhaps that is true since keep hodling on the coins at this moment is so much painful time. the price of the coins are dropping so much that makes every holder to wait even longer, so to keep them in check and still having some income, they done trading.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
January 23, 2019, 10:58:07 PM
I dont think holder is a good term to call a long-term trader. So, what you call holders are not becoming traders but they are trader who start trading their fund because of the market drops and trying to recover their loss.
Activity: 658
January 23, 2019, 10:53:37 PM
That would be a good thing to do, since hodling coins for too long without  having any other source of profit would be painful way to wait if it got too long.
So waiting while trading is the best option that every hodler has right now, so starting form today every new hodler should prepared to do trading to fill the space while they wait for the coins they hodl to rise up.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
January 23, 2019, 10:42:56 PM
As long as they are not trading at loss, well I support them, after all not all project delivers their token in the dump value, some gave out their token in a good value that is not affected by the dump and why should anyone who has it still wait. But if it is at the dump value, I don't know how it will pay the seller than to wait hodling till there is a pump. 
Pages:
Jump to: