Pages:
Author

Topic: Most iconic erm... I mean most ridiculous topics from Off-topic board - page 2. (Read 478 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 589
This one here was just annoying and just like @lovesmayfamilis observed, it was a one lined question.

LMAO, I just added that topic to OP too =))) That's another good example of the ridiculous stuff posted in Off-topic board. I highly doubt that the discussion about finding a nickname for author's girlfriend "might be of interest to bitcoiners" (according to the description of the board).
Maybe it could be interesting to the Bitcoin community if we suggest nicknames that relate to Bitcoin..say, "BTC cupcake? Bit-plum?. Meh, some of these users be the reason I often wonder if the rules of each board are read before posting. Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
If we're listing most iconic threads from the Off-Topic section, no list would be complete without mentioning this one:

Let's talk about how hot Asian girls are. [NSFW]

It is 187 pages of exactly what the title infers, with (NSFW) pics to back up the discussion.

This thread is the best topic on bitcointalk.

It ran for 3.5 years before it got locked. There was one member, dragonbird, who posted there 414 times... as a matter of fact, every post he ever made on the forum was in that thread, lol. He was a dedicated expert on the subject.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
This one here was just annoying and just like @lovesmayfamilis observed, it was a one lined question.

LMAO, I just added that topic to OP too =))) That's another good example of the ridiculous stuff posted in Off-topic board. I highly doubt that the discussion about finding a nickname for author's girlfriend "might be of interest to bitcoiners" (according to the description of the board).
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
 Yeah. And if they were asked, they'd say they are making contribution in the forum. They really take this off topic thing too seriously. This one here was just annoying and just like @lovesmayfamilis observed, it was a one lined question. As if the forum would shatter if they put more effort in their questions. Sad Who even gave the rule that most of these questions should be one line or one worded? Or is it reserved for stupid questions only?
 Instead of the board being littered with spam from account farmers, isn't there a way to just scrap it or maybe turn it to someplace useful?
legendary
In addition to these stupid topics, that section is full of answers that consist of one word [...] I think everyone understands that this is an open window for increasing activity.

That very well said, lovesmayfamilis! And this is also mentioned in the sticky topic of the board:

An example of what threads aren't allowed and posts that won't be tolerated:

https://archive.is/qqd4B

However, the bans applied in this section for breaking its rules are very low. Maybe posts get deleted for having zero-value and for being one liners but, since hilariousandco stated that bans will be applied for all these cases, I don't understand why many of these users don't get banned.

If you are caught spamming unsubstantial posts just to farm or rank up your account your account(s) will be immediately permabanned without warning.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
In addition to these stupid topics, that section is full of answers that consist of one word, and this is very well-used by those who like to multiply their alternative accounts. I don’t know whether they will pay attention to reports with low-value posts, but I think everyone understands that this is an open window for increasing activity.
legendary
According to the description of Off-topic board, the materials presented there should be "Other topics that might be of interest to bitcoiners. ".

Furthermore, according to the sticky topic from Off-topic board,

1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads.
3. No pointless or uninteresting threads.
Off topic is a section for any other topics that do not fit into any other sub, however, it is not a subforum for account farmers to lazily spam their way through the ranks and doing so will no longer be tolerated. If you are caught spamming unsubstantial posts just to farm or rank up your account your account(s) will be immediately permabanned without warning.

However, during time, I noticed many topics which have absolutely no connection to bitcoiners nor present any interest for them. So I decided to make a list with such topics (those interested are free to contribute), in part for the lulz, as they are hilarious, and in part thinking that maybe their authors may be banned for posting such content, which violates the description of the board and the rules quoted above.

1. I impregnated a girl! What do I do?

I call the author of this topic "the pastor sex guy" Smiley

2. Not gay but attracted to women with penis

• What is your bad habit in everyday?

I think this topic was deleted meanwhile, but mentioning it is still worth it, for showing one more "pièce de résistance" of Off-topic board /s

This topic was also deleted, but it's another "precious gem" which lasted in Off-topic board for a while.

5. Finding Uniq nickname for my girlfriend..

6. Flat Earth

As of February 26, 2020, notbatman - the Supreme Leader of this gang - closed the gates of his Church, without any explanation, leaving the believers lost under the (flat?) Sun. The terrible news were brought by suchmoon: "Unfortunately Bitcointalk's most famous flatearther locked his thread after merely ~800 pages without conclusively proving whether the Earth is flat or not". After almost 5 years of hard, scientific debates, everything appears to be lost. Not entirely though, thanks to suchmoon, which although declined her competences on this delicate matter, she generously offered a shelter for these poor people who lost their leader, but hopefully, not their faith. Thus, with her help, maybe the remains of what was once a prosperous gang, will raise again!

7. Let's talk about how hot Asian girls are. [NSFW]

It is 187 pages of exactly what the title infers, with (NSFW) pics to back up the discussion.

This topic probably must be of very high interest for bitcoiners. Sadly, it was locked.

8. Pictures from Russia. NSFW!!!

To add to hot Asian girls NSFW topic, there is topic called ''Pictures from Russia. NSFW!!!'' https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pictures-from-russia-nsfw-686828 It's actually one of first things what I discovered on Bitcointalk when I just joined forum.

9. BIBINKA WORD GAME!

This seems like a good place to leave this

Must be a very addictive game.

10. Tarot reading for Crypto

Predict your prediction with tarot card reading. Loool  Grin  Roll Eyes  Lips sealed

Tarot and Bitcoin. Definitely a good combination!

11. How come you guys don't like me bird videos

The sad guy with bird videos. Nobody understands him and that's very sad.

Local rule: those from my distrust list and those which have negative feedback from me are not allowed to post here.
Pages:
Jump to: