Pages:
Author

Topic: Most trusted projects ruined me !! - page 5. (Read 1755 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
June 25, 2020, 04:53:47 AM
in 2017 where all coins experienced a very high increase because btc also rose.
so that almost all types of coins went up, even though there was no news or further development of each of these projects.
but in 2018 all of these increases turn into mass declines.
and the market was very weak at the time, this was also the main reason why many projects died, even though it was only released on the market, the reason was simple because the value of their tokens followed the btc.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
BintexFutures
June 25, 2020, 03:16:52 AM
Late 2017 and early 2018 i was holding lots of coins and tokens from the ico's in that some i really trusted with solution and team (not only me most of crypto community trusted). Now this coins or token became nothing . But some projects i entered  to sell for small margin profit these projects given profit . So holding token or coin for long term is meaningless.

The same thing happened to me as well during the 2017 bull run I kept holding coins because I trusted the teams too much but later they couldn't quite deliver the product. I had to sell the tokens later at a loss.
Activity: 504
Merit: 16
June 25, 2020, 02:25:23 AM
Late 2017 and early 2018 i was holding lots of coins and tokens from the ico's in that some i really trusted with solution and team (not only me most of crypto community trusted). Now this coins or token became nothing . But some projects i entered  to sell for small margin profit these projects given profit . So holding token or coin for long term is meaningless.
Price spike in 2017 was caused by ICO hype, you got in at the wrong time, sorry to hear, ICOs aren't the most trusted projects for many, believe that, where is Bitcoin and Ethereum? At that point in 2017 I don't have the courage to buy top coins because they are at their ATH, I knew dump will happen later, your loss would have been little if you went for Bitcoin
Activity: 118
Merit: 11
June 25, 2020, 02:17:53 AM
You might have got on the wrong sides of the coins you are holding or probably your timing was wrong, to conclude that long term hodl is useless may be out of point because some hodl for long term and were smart enough to cash out at the right time. Nothing last forever, you need to understand that.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
June 25, 2020, 01:35:24 AM
not because of the project but indeed the market conditions that made many projects unable to survive because their token value depends on the value of BTC which at that time continued to decline after a very high increase.
only big and strong projects can survive.

The market condition still relying with how bitcoin moves, most of those well known alts who experienced decent pumped
are now experiencing declined.
It's depend from how supporters and investors continue following the progress of their selected assets, coins that have
strong communities are still surviving.
Be aware that investing to this types of business needs to have a lots of knowledge and skills.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
June 25, 2020, 01:08:02 AM
The main problem here is actually the main problem of all crypto realm: You never know which projects should be trusted. The best thing to do trust your research and to make it possible, you need to learn how to review a project.
Activity: 363
Merit: 100
June 25, 2020, 12:58:02 AM

That depends on the altcoins you hold, but if the coins are like Nem, Rdd, Dogecoin, Dgb, Eth, and more I could
say there is a fair holding happening with these coins. Although, I also encountered that too from the coins I received from the bounty rewards where most of them turned into nothing now but a piece of shit, that's the reality happen in crypto space.
Activity: 1188
Merit: 251
June 25, 2020, 12:32:38 AM
not because of the project but indeed the market conditions that made many projects unable to survive because their token value depends on the value of BTC which at that time continued to decline after a very high increase.
only big and strong projects can survive.
Activity: 602
Merit: 729
June 24, 2020, 11:51:30 PM
Sucks to hear that, but at least you learned a lesson. You are not alone I'm sure most or all of us have lost money on a shitcoin at some point
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
June 24, 2020, 11:47:58 PM
What I have learnt from my 4 years association with cryptocurrency is that there is no such thing like "trusted". We had a number of "trusted" exchanges, such as Mt Gox, Cryptopia and BTC-e, and all of them went down without any warning. Personally, I have never trusted any of the new projects, but I know a few people who poured in almost all of their funds in such coins. 
Activity: 1218
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
June 24, 2020, 11:47:50 PM
Indeed, most old coins have drastically reduced prices, but that doesn't mean they have no potential anymore, I myself have hold several tokens since 2017 and I am sure when Altcoin season arrives, the price of old coins / tokens will also increase.
Activity: 636
Merit: 11
June 24, 2020, 11:41:45 PM
i think if our coin in long term have low price or maybe scammed us maybe its be our fault when analizing project. we have to review our capability in analizing project that will give us profits. choosing wrong portofolio  happen to many people and we were not alone in this condition. make it as experience and we will take good lesson in future.
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
June 24, 2020, 11:08:33 PM
I can't sure about that when so many people have been saying if they have been getting trapped at ATH. The position is also determining the result of these people who have invested in such project. It doesn't matter whether it's crap or good projects.
those who are trapped I think are people who are greedy for the money they are investing. smart investors will not buy when the price reaches very high and goaded into buying it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 333
June 24, 2020, 10:56:54 PM
You are not alone. Who could have thought that a Viabtc backed exchange as we were meant to believe could dump their token on the community and almost 90% or more investors lost out and were thrown into debt. Attempt to revive the exchange native token is still a problem because people are scared. Most ICO I bought in 2017 and 2018 are dead. I have since resume full time trading on good coins and promising ones.
I guess that we really can't predict the actions of developers when it comes to money and thinking of benefiting themselves, they won't even bother or take any considerations to their investors as long as they get the money they desire. There are a lot of same scenarios that happened in the year 2017-2018 where what matters is money and not the development.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
June 24, 2020, 10:48:22 PM
I would say that trusted projects did not make you run at loss investors, the ruins came to you due to lack of organization and poor decision making skills. Trusting a project to trade well and bring profits is important before investing.

You personally, taking profits when due without any biases is an important situation you need to master. No matter how bad a token is, it always leaves an opportunity to take profit
I can't sure about that when so many people have been saying if they have been getting trapped at ATH. The position is also determining the result of these people who have invested in such project. It doesn't matter whether it's crap or good projects.
Activity: 272
Merit: 10
June 24, 2020, 06:05:22 PM
You are not alone. Who could have thought that a Viabtc backed exchange as we were meant to believe could dump their token on the community and almost 90% or more investors lost out and were thrown into debt. Attempt to revive the exchange native token is still a problem because people are scared. Most ICO I bought in 2017 and 2018 are dead. I have since resume full time trading on good coins and promising ones.
Activity: 579
Merit: 13
Are you kind to your neighbor? Think it through
June 24, 2020, 04:47:27 PM
I would say that trusted projects did not make you run at loss investors, the ruins came to you due to lack of organization and poor decision making skills. Trusting a project to trade well and bring profits is important before investing.

You personally, taking profits when due without any biases is an important situation you need to master. No matter how bad a token is, it always leaves an opportunity to take profit
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
June 24, 2020, 04:42:42 PM
Its meaningless for most of the time but there are few numbers which would possibly make you rich if you do able hold for long term but actually its hard to choose
on which one would really have the potential.I have tried lots of selections but majority of them failed and died in the end and only a few do able to manage to rise up
which is somewhat a good thing as long you do make money. Holding up shitcoin just because you do believe into its team and tech then it would really be
like a gamble imho.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
June 24, 2020, 04:37:35 PM
Late 2017 and early 2018 i was holding lots of coins and tokens from the ico's in that some i really trusted with solution and team (not only me most of crypto community trusted). Now this coins or token became nothing . But some projects i entered  to sell for small margin profit these projects given profit . So holding token or coin for long term is meaningless.
Not just you, many people had shared similar complaint but you are only only one who still call them "trusted". In my opinion they never remained trusted but your lack of good due diligence, you worked/contributed to their ICO and holding till today. Do not mistake me, I am also holding few coins which peaked at some point of them but as of now got delisted from exchanges. Bitcoinwhite and helbiz are two of them worth mentioning here.

I have an identical situation. Only I did not invest in them, but I participated in bounty companies. I lost very little money, but it took a lot of time. It would be better to sell all the violas at once Sad
Almost all bounty participants must be having similar situations. Just due to the reason of believing into their project developments, we opted to hold but that backfired all of us. People who rushed to sell the rewards had negatively contributed to them but they now seems too wise with their decision of not holding for longer period.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
June 24, 2020, 03:27:55 PM
I have an identical situation. Only I did not invest in them, but I participated in bounty companies. I lost very little money, but it took a lot of time. It would be better to sell all the violas at once Sad
Pages:
Jump to: