Pages:
Author

Topic: Most trusted projects ruined me !! - page 9. (Read 1755 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 252
Keep it Simple guys :)
June 13, 2020, 07:19:33 PM
Late 2017 and early 2018 i was holding lots of coins and tokens from the ico's in that some i really trusted with solution and team (not only me most of crypto community trusted). Now this coins or token became nothing . But some projects i entered  to sell for small margin profit these projects given profit . So holding token or coin for long term is meaningless.

yes, we should know when the right time to sell our tokens or coins my friend
because market not always up, sometimes down, thats why people should understand about technical analysis to know when to enter or exit the market
regards
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
June 13, 2020, 05:20:08 PM
You know you can never go wrong by taking profits I keep hearing this statement and I've come to understand the truth embedded in it. Most persons held tokens due to their trust and sentiments in the project and all these didn't end well for such investors. We should learn to take profits when we can.
Its not about taking profit but trust a failing or failed project. It is important to know the project and the team before any investment. In the past 1-2 years of bear market less than percent of new project were able to stay above IEO price even with such profitable idea. Timing of market entry is also important, in bull market any price is good for a good project. the space is grown and product with use case is more important than the big exchanges listed and campaign.
Activity: 221
Merit: 1
June 13, 2020, 05:19:08 PM
This is one of the reason investing in cryptocurrency needs to be done with own money and not borrowed money because you can't predict the future of any cryptocurrency project, anything can happen, team can run out of cash anytime and decides to quit, Infact team can be tired and decides to work away with their profit, so when investing, invest only with money you can afford to lose so as to avoid stories that touch.
Activity: 399
Merit: 100
June 13, 2020, 05:05:20 PM
Late 2017 and early 2018 i was holding lots of coins and tokens from the ico's in that some i really trusted with solution and team (not only me most of crypto community trusted). Now this coins or token became nothing . But some projects i entered  to sell for small margin profit these projects given profit . So holding token or coin for long term is meaningless.
For the best opportunity you should wait. That time was the best time to sell your tokens. Long term hold isn't meaningless, holding time is meaningless. Why don't you buy any top coins then your thoughts will be charged. You can earn profits from any coin, if this coin now has a very good reputation in the coinmarketcap.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
June 13, 2020, 01:49:25 PM
Late 2017 and early 2018 i was holding lots of coins and tokens from the ico's in that some i really trusted with solution and team (not only me most of crypto community trusted). Now this coins or token became nothing . But some projects i entered  to sell for small margin profit these projects given profit . So holding token or coin for long term is meaningless.

Hodling token for long term is still good you just need to now and follow the right time to sell coins that you are hodling, there should be a point that you are going to choose to sell your coins, and you will know this if you follow the development of the coins you are hodling and the condition of the market.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
June 13, 2020, 01:39:48 PM
Take Profit! Take Profit!! Take Profit!!! A Popular Slang Both Forex And Cyrpto Traders Echo At All Times, But Traders Problem Is Greediness, Stinginess. There Is Nothing Wrong With Taking Profits No Matter The Amount, Practise This As A Good Trader.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
June 13, 2020, 01:26:33 PM

I agree with you bro, it is meaningless to hold tokens /coins for a long time because all will manage to do is hold for the team to dump on you, the more you hold the more the value depreciate, before I use to do this, I believe all the people that would shout hold but I think it doesn't work with majority of altcoins, the only coin to hold for long term is btc, most alts are not worth it.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 265
June 13, 2020, 01:02:45 PM
Unfortunately, you entered the market right at the peak range that is why you are feeling this way because after that there was like 2 years of downtrend.
Now, the market seems to be improving so i would suggest you to wait for atleast 1 more year and if your holdings are good projects then definitely they will grow and give you decent profit in few more months when we finally enter reall bull trend.
Activity: 84
Merit: 6
refercoins.com
June 13, 2020, 12:51:55 PM
Icos most of all were just a loss of time, a lot projects just tried to get millions of $ in orders to offer nothing, and I not even mentioned those that just run away with money of investor, for me glad I invested only in one ICO and I didn't lose so much, I feel sad for those that put a lot of effort and money into a project and lose it all Sad
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 13, 2020, 12:48:22 PM
Projects are rarely that trustable even if you know what you are doing. Normally the world is full of scammers and/or people who fail at their job. I once bought a stock of a company that I thought was going crazy high, it was actually one of the most profitable investments I have ever done, it did 7x in 11 months and I was shocked, yet the dude overpaid on so many things with the new found high revenue that costs basically killed the business when they couldn't keep the revenue that high and failed.

Now there are projects who outright steals from you but also there are projects where they are idiots. There is really no way of guarantee any wins on any investment, sure it is not a good thing to hear but just keep on researching and investing, eventually you will win.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
June 13, 2020, 12:44:36 PM
I have a different experience. many of the coins that I received earlier on free giveaways or in bounty simply hold in my portfolio and I even forgot about them, but in 2020 some of them began to bring just excellent profit.  I already earned about 3 thousand dollars this year on old coins
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
June 13, 2020, 12:43:44 PM
Late 2017 and early 2018 i was holding lots of coins and tokens from the ico's in that some i really trusted with solution and team (not only me most of crypto community trusted). Now this coins or token became nothing . But some projects i entered  to sell for small margin profit these projects given profit . So holding token or coin for long term is meaningless.
I think crypto is still a game of chance, and not that you're extremely ruined because you held for a long time. There was a token (ESH) which was released to the market over two years ago only for it to do a frog limp to over $2.4 from less than 2cents. Can you beat that? Well, a lot of those who had an appreciable quantity made a good ROI from cashing out while others still held to receive the McAfee token — GHOST, airdropped to ESH hodlers. My advice to you is to always check the tokens you're hodling if there are activities going on around them or the devs have abandoned ship. If there are activities, don't dump. Keep hodling. One day, something will pump them too.
Activity: 238
Merit: 17
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
June 13, 2020, 12:12:43 PM
Don't trust any crypto projects except bitcoin, when you've done enough research on altcoins always have it in mind that they can fail at anytime so consider them as higher risk investment, that's why you need to invest the very little cash you can spare just in case.
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
June 13, 2020, 12:11:14 PM
This is the reason why you never put your trust in one thing solely. Think it as the common diversity advice that doesn't put your eggs in one basket only. If you stay too emotionally attached to something, in this case, the trust then you will make a wrong decision (hold it for too long) and hurt yourself.
Activity: 1099
Merit: 116
June 13, 2020, 09:11:05 AM

I was holding many tokens in the last part of 2017 and after the first quarter of 2018, most of the tokens became valueless. Some of the tokens got delisted totally from coinmarketcap or even from any exchange. I had to face huge losses of my investment. Now i am a small trader because i have lost my assets which i invested and tried to hold even after getting 100% pump. Now i realized that when i get pump of my holding coins, it is wise decision to take profits in the pocket.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
June 13, 2020, 09:00:40 AM
If you want to hold altcoin long term, then you have to choose the best altcoin in this market. ETH, BNB, XLM .. these are the best altcoins you should buy. If you buy tokens from an ICO, I believe that 99% of those projects will die or collapse in the future
Yes, the tokens that you mentioned are indeed the best Altcoins on the market, but if we look at the price conditions at the end of 2017 until now it is very different, meaning that if we ever buy tokens that you say at the end of 2017, so now we are still at a loss.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
June 13, 2020, 08:54:24 AM
Its going to be meaningless when its got not value after waiting for a long time but if these tokens grew its value, you wouldn't say it's meaningless to wait that long.  
Early 2018 is just a bad year to start looking altcoins if you just notice. Most of the holders are all selling because its the start of the crypto bear market. You are not just the only one who was devastated by the collapse. Many of us lost money too.  The worse thing is that this covid19 which makes this a tragic calamity of all times.

But now that we learned our lesson, there is still a chance for us to regain what's lost. Stick to valuable coins only.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 162
June 13, 2020, 08:53:56 AM
I should say you are not holding the most trusted, genuine, and good projects, because of what happened in you. If it is a really good and trusted project it should survive no matter what the market is, either bear or bull. But as you say it became nothing so it is a sh*tcoin, pump and dump project, only exist on bullrun. Avoid projects like that and run a review carefully, I trust projects which have years of existence and have truly a working product or platform but I don't close my doors with newly created projects with potential.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
June 13, 2020, 08:53:31 AM

I can relate to you on this. My crypto wallets right now are full of coins that were once very promising cryptos. Maybe it is my weakness that I hold on to these coins and their projects that eventually were dumped in the market. Having learned my mistakes, I ventured into trading. and slowing I somewhat regained some of the value I lost.
Activity: 161
Merit: 12
June 13, 2020, 08:51:56 AM
You should know better as don't hodl unknow, unpopular crypto that long and should have sold even for a loss back then. Please don't blame the strategy of hodl long term because of your fault.
Pages:
Jump to: